Ek Farebi Shaam

Rajveer was about to fall but someone held him. He was half conscious by now and was forcing eyes to remain open. It was a desperate attempt to see Naina again, to confirm his heart and mind as what he saw a few minutes ago is reality and not a bad dream.

It's like the same attempt which Rajveer has been making from a long time in his life. This attempt makes him hopeful to see this beautiful face, eyes and smile again and live this treacherous, cruel, lifeless and unfair life everyday. If she was not the reason, he would have left this world a long time ago. It was the hope to meet her again, to hold her in arms, to touch the innocent face, to see her laughing without any worries, feel secured and a comfort with her. Whenever she was around him, he felt security that he is not alone, there is someone to share the feelings with. There was a peace that was founded within himself.

He wants to be the same person as in the past for Naina with whom she felt secured and there won't be anyone that would do or say anything to hurt her. It's true that a hope makes you keep living.
Ek Umeed kae diyae ki roshni hi, andhere Mae bhi raste sae bhakatnae nahi deti.

He was now feeling little bit better and started hearing nearby noises again like people chatting, music, rushing of people to gather things or calling out each other. He then realised that someone is holding his arm. So, turned to his left and saw an old friend who was still in shock and staring him like to confirm that it is really Captain Rajveer. Suddenly, she hugged him with full force, Rajveer also welcomed her with a whole heart and hugged her back with same feelings.

She asked "How are you Captain? How can you be so careless? Agar main aapko nahi dekhti toh aap yahi par gir jaate."

She stopped hugging him and left him with a jerk and shouted "Mana aap nae mujhe kabhi apna dost nahi samjha par Maine toh aap toh hamesha sae acha dost mana. Thank God jo main sahi time par aa gayi aur like a good Doctor I can sense when a patient needs help. So, don't let you fall, verna pata nahi kya hota. Aap bataiye kya hua hain aapko, thik toh hain na, nahi toh abhi kae abhi hospital chalte hain".

Rajveer smiled and patiently listened to her complaints mixed with concerns for him. He said "Itne saal Kae baad aap mile ho Doctor Shalini aur abhi bhi daant rahe ho kyuki Maine apni health ka dhyan nahi rakha. Yae nahi puchoge ki main kaha tha itne saal aur kyu nahi mila aap sabh se".

Shalini (In a hurtful voice) : "Mujhe pata hain ki aap meri baat nahi sunte. Maine abhi toh kaha na ki aap nae mujhe kabhi apna dost nahi mana verna itne saal tak aapne kabhi mujhe contact karne ki koshish hi nahi ki. Aap ko kya fark parta hain ki hum sabh kaise hain, kin halat se gujre hain aap kae jane kae baad".

She shifted her eyes toward Naina and continued "Kuch to abhi bhi wahi hain jaha par saat saal pehle the, jaha par aapne humse har rishta khatam kar diya tha".

Rajveer can understand Shalini's misery in her words. He  followed her vision and felt a deep pain in his heart. Yes, he has left them all alone but everything that happened was not in his control. He was also living a life of a dead person in all these seven years. But can't complain about this to them and she is right, he went out of their lives and didn't contact any one of them.

Rajveer (In a deep painful voice): "Kaha Doctor sabh pehle jaisa hain? Woh toh hum sabh dekh hi rahe hain ki log aur halat kitne badal gaye hain". (He said all this while looking towards Naina and Viren who were standing with folded hands in front of relatives with a smile)

Shalini (who understands his pain and what he is trying to say): "Yae toh aap ko bhi ache se jaante hain, Jo dikhta hain jaroori nahi ki wahi sach ho. Chaliye aur sab ko bata dete hain ki aap yahi ho aur band kariye is tamashe ko. Mujhe yakin hain jaise hi Naina aapko dekhegi usi waqt ye rishta torh degi." She started walking while taking Rajveer's hand.