Ek Naya Imithan

After confirming that everyone has left, Naina's father asked : "Captain, kya aap please bahar chalenge. Mujhe kuch baat karni hain aap se".

Rajveer looked towards him. He was expecting this as has already guessed that the parents are not happy to see him.

Rajveer : "Sure Sir, chaliye".

Both men went outside and Shalini followed them as can't leave Rajveer alone with him.

They reached a quiet place outside the main house near the garden. Naina's father was thinking how to start and Rajveer and Shalini were waiting for him to speak. After a few minutes, Naina's father spoke "Captain, jab maine aur Mira nae aapko kal hall kae andar jaate hue dekha to hum shocked toh thae par saath mae khush bhi. Kyuki aap bilkul sahi salamat the. (Rajveer and Shalini stared at him with wide eyes. Both were thinking, if they knew before engagement then why didn't they tell Naina and let it happen). Apke jaane kae baad, hum sabh guilty thae jo bhi aap kae saath hua. Kyuki aapne ye sabh humare bete ke liye toh kiya tha, aapko itni bejati sehani pari aur aapka court marshal bhi hua. Phir court mae Naina aur aapke naam ko jora gaya". (Rajveer sighed after hearing these words, it was like revisiting that awful day again. It was very painful to even think about that as how they used Naina as his weakness. How he tell him that he wanted to find that red box not only for himself or for Naveen but for her also. As her happiness is with Naveen. Shalini looked on the other side as to avoid hearing this)

"Naina humari himmat ban gayi thi, sirf Naveen ko insaaf dilana hi uska jeewan ka ek maksad tha. Meri beti toh bilkul tut gayi thi jab aap ka woh accident hua. Naveen kae baad pehli baar main use itna kamjor dekha. Agar uske dost nahi hote toh humae nahi pata ki hum kya karte. (Rajveer was really hurt to hear about Naina's condition as he was not there to support her) Un logo ne sambhala use. Usne bahut kuch khoya hain Naveen aur aapko nirdosh sabit karne kae liye. Itne salo se jab aap yaha nahi the toh usne kya kuch nahi saha hain aapke karan". (Rajveer looked at him shockingly as trying to understand what she had to face because of him)

"Mujhe sabh nahi pata par jitna jaanta hu (exhaled and closed his eyes) kai bar uske character par sawal uthate the. Woh bolti nahi thi hume par..... " (Rajveer was feeling ashamed of himself, as why he was not there when she needed him most in proving Naveen innocent, when people were pointing fingers at her. He bowed his head low)

"Humne socha agar uski shaadi ho jaayegi toh sabh thik ho jayega aur logo kae muh band ho jaayenge. Hum pehli baar ye sabh nahi sun rahe the, log Naveen kae baad bhi use taunt marte the aur woh tabh bhi hume nahi batati thi. (Naina's father opened his eyes). Kitne ache rishte uske liye laye hum pichle kuch salo mae par woh har baar mana kar deti thi ye kah kar ki, career par dhyan dena hain, woh log ache nahi hain, army se resign karne ko bolte hain. Par main jaanta hu ki uski wajah tum the beta." (Rajveer felt anxious as does he know about his feelings for Naina).

"Naveen kae baad woh aapse mili, jisne use sahara aur sath diya. Woh aap par bahut trust karti thi aur aapke support par woh depend ho gayi. Jo court mae hua, use laga wahi sach hain kyuki aap toh kuch bole hi nahi jab sabh aap dono kae rishte ka mazaaq bana rahe the. Woh shayad aap ka hi wait kar rahi tabhi har baar shaadi kae liye mana karti thi. Par jab humne use Viren kae liye pucha toh woh man gayi. Yakeen hi nahi hua kyuki humne toh umeed hi chor di thi. Shayad usko apne maa baba par taras aa gaya tha". (Rajveer was feeling responsible for all of this. It's because of him, Naina was disgraced in this world. She was in so much pain to see her parents condition that had to accept Viren. His thoughts were broken when saw Naina's father who was about to fold hands in front of him but Rajveer stopped him)

Rajveer : "Please Sir, aisa maat kijiye"

Naina's father (pleadingly and with teary eyes) : "Please meri beti aage barne ki koshish kar rahi hain Viren ke saath. Use akela chorh do jaise itne saalo se aapne akela chorh diya tha. (Taking a deep breath) Humne aapko Naveen kae liye toh maaf kar diya hain (tears were falling from their eyes) par main humari beti uske bhai ko mukti dene wale ko nahi de sakta".

Naina's father was in tears when he left Rajveer and Shalini. Rajveer was just standing there and was not even able to blink. He was still repeating what her father had said. A smile came up on his lips when he remembered that they forgive him for killing their son. He exhaled and felt a relief as a big burden had been lifted from his chest. But then reality hit him what else Naina's father said before leaving. Is he telling him to let go of Naina whom he loves the most, nothing else matters for him apart from her, to let her married to that Viren. (Rajveer fell down suddenly and Shalini tried to hold him by his shoulder). No, no I can't let that happen. I want her back. She is mine and no one takes her from me. I can't lose her after getting to know that she was waiting for me.

He looked at Shalini helplessly and said : "Doctor Shalini, aapne suna na kya kaha uske baba ne. (with shaking breath) Main use nahi jaane de sakta us....us Viren ke saath. Kaise jiyunga main, pehele mummy papa chale gaye, phir..... Naveen aur abh Naina. Woh hi hain sirf jiske karan main jee paa raha hu". (pleadingly) "Please aap boliye na unko mere saath aisa na kare". He started crying badly as couldn't even think of losing her.

Shalini was not able to see him like this. She has always seen him fighting and can't let him lose his life. When Naina's father was speaking to Rajveer, she didn't say anything in between as thought it's better if they talk to each other. But didn't expected that he will ask him to forget Naina. She has to give Rajveer a hope to fight.

Shalini (softly) : "Please Captain, aise mat kahiye. Koi Naina ko aap se alag nahi kar sakta. Maine dekha hain use aapke accident kae baad. Woh sirf zinda laash ban gayi thi. Kitne din tak toh boli bhi nahi thi aur jab woh boli toh (Rajveer looked at her with red eyes) uski siskiya aur cheekhein hum sabh nae suni thi. Main woh kabhi bhi nahi bhul sakti. Woh sirf aapki yaado kae sahare jee rahi thi. (wiping his tears) Please uthiye hum baat karenge Naina se. Sabh thik ho jaayega".

Rajveer innocently looked at her like a small baby with hope and said "Aap sach kah rahi hain na. Aap baat karengi na Naina se".

Shalini nodded and helped him in standing up. After seating him in the car, she drove it as he was not in a position to do anything.

Rajveer felt like someone had asked for his breath. He opened car's window to get some air. But it was not working as  he feels that air is not passing through his lungs and started taking deep breaths. Shalini was scared to see him like this and gave him water. Rajveer took the bottle and drank it. He was now able to breathe and started thinking hard as how to talk to Naina's parents to let them know that she is his life, he loves her for years and can't give up on her. He kept his head on the seat's head rest and looked outside from window. The empty road on the other side was reflecting his life. He thought life was like this till he met Naveen as his friendship bought happiness and a family that he wanted. But all of this was taken away, after Naveen was framed for betraying the country and that cursed day when he was asked to make him free. Naveen was freed but he was caged in guilt of killing his best friend and family. Since, he met Naina then everything got changed, he got his life back. She was the hope and happiness that he had desired. Now, her father wants to take that away.

Shalini put the radio on as the silence was killing them

khumaar-e-gham hai mahekti fiza mein jeete hain
tere khayaal ki aab-o-hawa mein jeete hain
khumaar-e-gham hai mahekti fiza mein jeete hain

bade ittefaaq se milte hain milne waale mujhe
wo mere dost hain teri wafa mein jeete hain
tere khayaal ki aab-o-hawa mein jeete hain
khumaar-e-gham hai mahekti fiza mein jeete hain

firaaq-e-yaar mein saanson ko roke rakhte hain
har ek lamha guzarti qaza mein jeete hain
tere khayaal ki aab-o-hawa mein jeete hain
khumaar-e-gham hai mahekti fiza mein jeete hain

Movie : Leela