Sach ya Dhoka

Naina has now got the strength to face this new challenge and to add an edge to this, turned back to look at her friends who have been an important part of her life, since KMA. They have been her shield, a place where she can hide, show her true emotions but also provides a unique power by which she can fight with any difficult situation. She is happy that they have make time from their busy lives for her. It's true that, from the last few years, all six of them have not met regularly but never missed the chance whenever they get. Their friendship has reached a new level of understanding, become matured, deep and gives each other strength or advice when needed but teases each other to no limit. A few of them have chosen new options in their lives and moved.....

Her thoughts got broken as she heard her mother's voice.

Meera (Naina's Mother) : "Naina beta kabh se bula Rahi hu. Dekh Viren wait kar raha hain apna hath de use".

Naina was embarrassed as she forgot in all this as why they are here for. She shifted her eyes towards Viren who was smiling with a ring in his hand. She extended the hand nervously and a big diamond ring was placed on the ring finger. It was her turn and put a golden ring on his finger which Pooja passed her on. Now, they were engaged, it was official. All the relatives and friends clapped for this new relationship and wished them a great life ahead. But few people who were present were not happy, especially her gang and two people who were standing in the crowd.

There were different reasons for this unhappiness as her friends know that she is doing this for her parents or its an attempt to run from the situation she is in. Shalini knows that for Naina it's a compromise and her real joy is standing in this crowd and doing nothing.

For Rajveer, there was no limit to this dreadfulness. It was like his beautiful dream has shattered into a million pieces with a soundless noise that was echoed with the sound of people's clap. He was telling his heart that this can't be true but mind was saying it's reality which you can't deny. All he wants to do was to rush towards them, remove that ring from Naina's finger and declare his love in front of others. But Rajveer knows all this will remain in his heart as can't do anything like this. He is late and very late. All this helplessness was just making him mad and tears were forming in eyes.

The newly engaged took the blessings of parents and friends. Naina's gang came in the front, congratulated Viren and were hugging Naina one by one. At the same time, all heard an announcement done by Viren's cousin brother on mic requesting his Bhaiya and Bhabhi to come to the dance floor. Viren and Naina were flushed and staring each other in shock. They know there is no escape and moved towards dance floor. Viren was so nervous that he was rubbing the sweated palms with the coat whereas Naina's situation was also not so different. She didn't want to dance and was feeling very nervous. Viren extended his hand and asked "May I". It was a Deja Vu moment for her as she suddenly remembered the mess dance lesson and the moment when Rajveer bowed down in front of her and asked

"May I have the pleasure"

She closed her eyes to relive that moment and gave her hand to Viren. He placed his hand on Naina's waist and intertwined other with hers. Naina felt a strange sensation in her body with his touch, put her hand on his shoulder and looked down. She was afraid to look into these black eyes as from the last few days, it's showing emotions which she does not want to recognise. Music has started and resulted in movement of the feet

Dheere dheere se meri zindagi mein aanaa
Dheere dheere se dil ko churaanaa
Tumase pyaar hame hai kitanaa jaanejaanaa
Tumase milakar tumako hai bataanaa

Jab se tujhe dekhaa dil ko kahi aaraam nahi
Mere hotho pe ek tere sivaa koi naam nahi
Apanaa bhi haal tumhaare jaisaa hai saajan
Bas yaad tujhe karate hai aur koi kaam nahi
Ban gayaa hun main teraa deewana
Dheere dheere se dil ko churaanaa (Movie : Aashiqui)

Their bodies were swaying in harmony. Viren was stealing glancing in between the dance of Naina but she still not meeting his eyes. He was not liking this and twirled her suddenly to let her fall in his arms. Naina was surprised by this and stared him to show her discomfort. (Song got changed)

Jab koi baat bigad jaaye jab koi mushkil pad jaaye
Tum dena saath mera o humnawaa
Jab koi baat bigad jaaye jab koi mushkil pad jaaye
Tum dena saath mera o humnawaa
Naa koi hai na koi tha zindagi mein tumhaare siva
Tum dena saath mera o humnawaa
Tum dena saath mera o humnawaa (Movie : Jurm)

She closed her eyes as soon as she listened this song. It took her back to that awful day from where everything turned unfavourable to both Rajveer and Naina. She still remembers this song as she had sung it for her friends when they were playing antakshari on the bus. Again, everything was coming up in her mind, the bomb scare, his arrest, murder trial, his helplessness, mockery of his true love, court martial, his last emotional glance in court when they were taking him after the verdict, their unsaid words, last hug and burning of his jeep. She was dancing but all these memories jerked her out of this. She left Viren's hand out of a sudden, all were shocked by her behaviour but he quickly grabbed her hand again. Viren asked her softly "Are you fine" and to reply she just nodded and couldn't tell him what exactly she was feeling, as it was not easy to explain. (The song was changed again)

Zindagi ke raaste ajib hai
Iname is tarah chalaa na kijiye
Khair hai isi me aapaki huzur
Apanaa koi saathi dhundh lijiye
Sunake dil ki baat naa muskuraaiye
Aapako hamaari kasam laut aaiye
Beqaraar karake hame yun na jaaiye
Aapako hamaari kasam laut aaiye
Beqaraar karake hame yun na jaaiye
Aapako hamaari kasam laut aaiye. (Movie : Bees Saal Baad)

Rajveer was just staring at Viren and Naina who were dancing effortlessly and looking great together. He remembered when he taught her to dance and how quickly, she learned. It was one of his best moments of his life which he revisited again and again. He believes from this point Naina started trusting him, they started building a new relationship, this moment gives him peace and happiness. But something stuck up in his mind, is Naina trusting Viren like he trusted him, is she giving his place to him. He then realised, how close they were dancing, their bodies were almost touching each other. It was unbearable for Rajveer to even think about this further and left without informing Shalini. He wanted to leave this hall as quickly as possible and felt that had left behind his life and love.

For Naina, the last song was more than enough for her to bear. She suddenly stopped dancing and told Viren that she needed some fresh air. She started walking without waiting for his reply. Viren was so shocked that he kept looking into direction in which she went and Pooja ran behind her along with the gang. It was embarrassing for Naina's and Viren's parents as well. They half smiled at each other and looked here and there. To cover it up, DJ played a heavy beats Punjabi song. All the youngsters started dancing and dragged Viren along and the elders went back to their seats.

Rajveer entered the room which was next to the hall was luckily open. He felt like a broken man who has lost everything in his life. His heart was sinking with the thought of losing Naina and brain was blaming him for his actions. He was not able to stand anymore as legs were going weak, so, quickly sat on the sofa and kept his head between the hands. He was sobbing badly as eyes were flowing his pain and unfulfilled desires.

Naina was about to cross the room which was next to the hall but heard someone who was loudly crying. She felt a pain in her heart like she knew this person and entered the room to check. She saw a man who was sitting on the sofa and crying bitterly. She froze at that moment as how she does not recognise him. He is in her heart, in her mind and living in her all these years, even when everyone believes that he is dead. She was not able to say anything except "Rajveer Sir".

When Rajveer heard these words, he exhaled a breath which was fighting in his lungs from a long time to get out. As these words were his lifeline which makes him lively again. He immediately looked at her. As soon their eyes met, they felt that a lifetime had passed in that second. It felt like an eternity.

Ek Lamhe Mein Simat Aaya Hai Sadiyon Ka Safar
Zindagi Tej Bahut Tej Chali Ho Jaise

(Movie : Tum Bin)