Ek Bar Phir

Rajveer after changing clothes was sitting on a chair in his room's balcony with a lowered head. It was drizzling now but it's sound was matching up with the noise in his mind. As he was repeating in what Naina said some time ago. Shalini came in with two mugs of tea. She put one mug in front of him on the small table and the other kept for herself then sat in a chair next to his. Rajveer lifted his head after hearing the sound, sat straight and picked it up. He looked outside and said

Rajveer (in a painful voice) : "Main kaise use samjhau ki woh meri baat ek baar sune. Usko lagta hain ki main khush tha usse aur sab se dur rahkae. Main toh har waqt usko milna chaata tha, usko dekhna chaata tha par main mazboor tha. Pehle woh Lala kae log jo powerful positions par the, phir meri health aur shayad main thak gaya tha sabh se larte larte. Mujhe us samay lagta tha ki woh sabh mujhse dur rahe yahi un sabh kae liye acha hoga. Par jab aap logo ko dekha toh...

Woh aise kaise kah sakti hain ki uske jine ya marne se mujhe faraq nahi partha. Agar woh nahi hoti toh kab ka main is duniya ko chorh chuka hota. Usko lagta hain ki agar main Naveen se nahi milta toh shayad mere saath ye sabh nahi hota par mujhe tum kaise milti Naina. Mujhe tum se milna hi tha aur yahi meri kismat thi" (exhaled and sip the tea).

Shalini (in soft voice after drinking tea) : "Captain, aapne jo itne saal dur rah kar jo galti ki hain usse aap muh nahi fer sakte. You have to accept that it was a mistake and need to say sorry to her".

Rajveer (frustratingly): "Doctor Shalini, wahi toh karne ki koshish kar raha hu par woh toh meri ek baat nahi sun rahi".

Shalini (loudly) : "Aap nae kabhi ye socha hai ki aapke hum sabh se na milne ka kya asar hua hain hum sabh par. We have lost a part of us when we thought you were dead. Aise yaha baithe rehne se kuch nahi hoga, aap jaaiye aur usse ek baar phir baat kariye verna bahut der ho jaayegi".

Rajveer looked at her nervously and understood what she was trying to say. He saw the ring on Naina's finger yesterday and wanted to throw it in on the road but can't do that. She is engaged to Viren and he indirectly helped him. Now, she is asking her to leave her alone and for what. (Rajveer clench jaw) She wants to have a life with Viren. No, he can't let that happen. He smiled a little when remembers that saw the watch on her hand which he has given to her before the arrest. A hope comes up in his mind that it's not over yet as she still wears that watch.

Rajveer : "Yes, you are right. Main kal usse jaroor baat karunga. I can't let her go. I will die without her".

Shalini patted his shoulder and went to her room. She didn't ask him to sleep as she knows he won't be able to and no one else would be.

Naina and her friends after reaching the house went to their rooms. Alekh and the rest have heard some parts of Naina and Rajveer's discussion from Rajveer asking her to listen to him, Naina's complaints about what she felt when he left her alone after the mentorship camp or court, forgiving him for killing Naveen to asking him to leave her alone. They didn't say anything in the car and after reaching the house as themselves don't know what to tell her. All of them were sitting quietly in their rooms after changing the clothes.

Naina was feeling very sad since came back from Rajveer's house. She was looking at the rain from her room's window and thought how much rain drops and her life is same. Just like this, she fell from the sky on the ground when Naveen Bhaiya died. Also, had to face problems like these which are falling on hard or uneven things. Naina gathered strength for her parents, so, that they can walk on the streets with pride and respect that their son was a martyr and not a traitor. She met her friends and Rajveer Sir in the academy who helped her to make this true and had also become an alive person after meeting them. Naina felt that Rajveer Sir had brought life in her and was in clouds to be the rain which will bring happiness in their lives. But it didn't happen as like this water which is on ground can't go back to be rain. She has fallen and there is no going back to sky. He was humiliated in court because of her and was quiet only for her. Rajveer should be free from Naina and her family to have his happiness. She heard Pooja who was asking her to get some rest. She went to bed.