Lamha ya Arsa

Naina was not believing him as Rajveer is not here for her but to satisfy his guilt. The guilt for doing all these things and to left her alone.

Naina (in loud voice) : "Yaha aap mere liye nahi balki apne guilt ko kam karne kae liye aaye hain. Sari galti toh meri thi na, aapne toh kabhi kuch nahi kiya".

Rajveer narrowed eyes as trying to understand her.

Naina (stared at him in anger) : "Bhul gaye honge, aapko apni galti kaha yaad rehti hain. Mentorship programme kae baad aapne mujhse muh pher liya. Main bas har samay ye sochti thi maine aisa kya kar diya jise aap mujh se naraaz ho. Kitni baar aayi aap se baat karne par aap nae toh mere muh par darwaza band kar diya. My friends, people in academy and teachers were saying disrespectful things about me. Par maine sabh suna kyuki un logo ko nahi pata tha ki humara rishta kya hain. Aapne kya kiya Huda se woh stupid boxing match larha aur janbujh kae haar gaye".

Rajveer knows that she is right, he behaved rudely with her, she had to face those people but did for her. He realised his love in solitary punishment and was feeling guilty for having these feelings. He killed her brother and was her mentor. Rajveer was not accepting his feelings then how he can face Naina. So, he kept running from her and thought people will stop saying these things. He even had that boxing match with Huda to get punished for loving her. Rajveer knew that Huda also loves her and only he can punish him.

Naina turned her face to side as was getting more angry at him but Rajveer was just looking at her to let her continue.

Naina (swallowed a lump in throat) : "Yaad hain new year se pehle main jab aai thi aapse milne, maafi mang rahi thi ye bina jaane ki  mera kasoor kya tha aur aap ko bata rahi thi ki aap kitne important ho meri life mae. Main sirf ye chaati thi ki aap mujhe aise akele na chore. Aapne kya kaha tha tab "apna raasta khud dhundna shikhiye Cadet Singh". Mujhe laga ki jaise sabse bara sahara tha woh nahi raha. I was alone again. Phir jaisa aapne kaha tha, dhundh liya raasta aur Major Bhargav se mil gayi bhaiya ki photos kae liye.

Aapka naam na kharabh ho, toh kaha ki Dr. Ritu ki baat maan kae engaged ho jaiye taki woh academy se chali jayengi. Aapke hisab se toh main selfish hu. (chuckled sadistically) Ha hu main selfish. I joined academy to prove my brother innocent, a martyr. So, that my parents can tell everyone that their son was not a traitor. Agar sach bolti, toh kya join karne dete academy. I leave everything behind for my brother and family. Woh Bhai jisse main sabse jyada pyar karti hu, jiske paas meri har problem ka solution hota tha, jab woh the toh kabhi duniya ki reality ka pata hi nahi chala. He was my protector and who loved me a lot. Aap mile toh laga koi hain jo unki tarah hain, jo mujhe samajhta hain aur mujh par trust karta hain".

Rajveer can feel tears on his cheeks. He can understand her anger and disappointment with him. He has always admired her for coming all alone in army to fight for her brother. She faced many things but never doubted that Naveen was innocent. He did force her to do these things. She did come again and again to ask him why he is behaving like this. Rajveer still remembers when Naina pleaded him not to get engaged to Dr. Ritu and can see fear of losing him in her eyes. He for the first time felt needed as someone was trying hard to not let him go. How can he deny her when she asked him so helplessly not to get engaged to Dr. Ritu even which means problems in his career. He could see a shine of happiness and relief in her eyes when promised her that he wouldn't get engaged. But she didn't see his love, happiness, feelings of belonging when he said "Tum mujhe kabhi nahi khogi Naina".

He believed for a moment that she loved him when Naina told Dr. Ritu that she loves him. Rajveer thought he saw love in her eyes but realised it soon that maybe he just wanted this as she doesn't love him. Again, Naina came back to ask him to get engaged like she will say it and he will do that. Yes, he will do it without thinking but she was so innocent then that didn't understand Dr. Ritu's real intentions. She used her but Naina only wanted to save him, his name and career.