Humnava

It was an early morning as the sun did not arise properly yet. It was still dark but rays were pushing through clouds to bring light in the sky, a new day and hope. Naina was sitting on a bench with Rajveer and was looking at the snow covered mountains. Rajveer started caressing her cheek with his thumb very slowly. It was creating sensations in Naina's body and she closed her eyes to control it. She moved neck at the side to look at him. He was staring at her with love and lust. Naina moved near to him and started moving her finger on his face from eyes, to nose to lips. Rajveer with closed eyes was feeling her finger movements but opened it when didn't feel any more movement. He saw Naina who was gazing at him with full of love and coming closer to his lips. Their lips were just going to meet and a chilly wind blew.....

Naina sat in bed with a jerk and looked here and there. She found herself in her room and hit the back of head to have such a dream about him, "Kaise sapne dekhti hain, kuch toh sharam kar".

She saw the room brightened up and realised it was already morning. She ran to the bathroom to get ready. When she came out in the living room saw Pooja, Huda and Alekh who were setting up a table for breakfast. They smiled at her and Naina started helping them up.

Alekh (stopped her and said) : "Sab set hain idhar, agar aunty puche toh bol diyo ki kisi senior ka phone aa rela tha".

Naina touched his hand and thanked him for saving her. Naina's mother brought breakfast to the table and asked her to call her father. All had breakfast quietly and when about to get up, her mother told her they would be leaving in an hour for shopping. Naina has decided to let them know today about her decision.

Naina and her parents were in the living room while Alekh, Pooja and Huda were in their rooms. Naina in her mind said "Please help me Bhaiya. Mera saath dena aap".

She looked at her parents who were sitting on a double seated sofa and were discussing the shops they are going to visit. Mira asks her husband to check the amount of money they are going to take as it could be less, if they buy items for Naina and her would be in laws. She exhaled a breath to gather courage to tell her parents about her and Rajveer. She knows that they won't be happy but still she has to tell them as it's better to get this news from her.

Naina was sitting on a single set sofa at side to them. She opened her mouth a few times to speak but closed it because of scared of their reaction.

Naina (in soft voice) : "Maa, Baba".

They didn't hear her as they were busy talking with each other. She speaks again but still it was the same.

Naina (anxiously in loud voice) : "Maa, Baba, please meri baat suniye aap".

Naina's parents looked at her instantly as her voice was loud.

Naina (nervously) : "Main Viren se shaadi nahi karungi....".

Mira (in loud voice) : "Kya bol rahi hain tu Naina, tera dimag kharab ho gaya hain".

Naina's father : "Kya hoga tujhe beta. Kuch din pehle tak tu thik thi. Ye engagement teri marzi se toh hui thi".

Naina looked down in guilt as they are right. She said yes but did it for them and not for her. She loved Rajveer at that time and still it's the same.

Naina (stare at them) : "Maine sirf ye haa, aap logo kae liye ki thi. He is only my friend. I.....don't love him".

Mira : "Toh kya hua, jab saath rahoge toh ho jaayega. Take it as an arranged marriage".

Naina got impatient and said in a loud voice "Nahi hoga kabhi. I love someone else".

They were looking at her and knew what she was talking about. She still loves Rajveer but it can't happen as he killed her brother. They have forgiven him but can't accept him as part of their family.