Ek Nayi Koshish

It's been a few days since Naina and her friends are in Nanital. They have enjoyed their time together and went out for picnics near Nani lake, boating and paragliding in Bhimtal. All of them just wanted to have fun with each other as they don't know when time like this will be again. Whenever Viren called, Naina has tried to keep it casual as didn't want to bring that incident.

Ali and Yudi will leave for their homes on next day, so, all were gathered in Naina's room at night. Alekh asked her which all of them were waiting to know as to what happened with Viren in Delhi and why she was upset. Naina only share that he is looking for a real relationship but she has still not accepted him. So, when he tried then felt that she was cheating. But didn't go into detail and her friends didn't ask for more. They knew what Naina was trying to say and can guess what would have happened there. Maybe what Viren is asking is not wrong as they are engaged and would be married soon but she still loves Rajveer Sir.

They all leave the room to sleep after hugging her to show their support as they are with her in whatever she decides. Naina was feeling very emotional and lucky to have these friends in her life who always think of her first. But what Pooja said before leaving was stuck in her mind "Naina, agar tujhe uska chuna bhi pasand nahi hain toh tu kaise uske saath zindagi bitayegi". She knows that Pooja is right as she has to decide what she wants to do.

Naina went to bed with Naveen's photo and kept asking him "Main abh kya karu Bhaiya, maa baba ko dhuki nahi kar sakti. Aapke dost wapas toh aaye hain par mere liye nahi aur bahut der se". She slept with hope that her brother will help her like he always does.

The next morning, they dropped Yudi and Ali to the bus depot. After some time, Alekh, Huda and Pooja went to the market with Naina's parents to buy some clothes and Naina was in the house to receive an important courier from her base. The weather since morning was very chilly and the wind is also making a lot of noise when it blows through trees. She heard the door bell when closing the living room's window to make the room warm. She hurriedly opened the door as was expecting that courier but her breath got stuck in the throat. He was standing in front of her with determination but eyes were saying that maybe he has not slept properly for the last few days. He was looking pale and weak.

Naina was staring at him and Rajveer's eyes didn't leave her eyes for a second. He was craving to see her, touch her and embrace her tightly. So, no one can take Naina away from him. The loud noise of wind makes her realise what she is doing. She lowered her eyes and moved away from the door to let him in. He was surprised as has thought that she would bang door on his face. He entered the house and Naina showed him the sofa to be seated. She left the room and Rajveer's face fell as was thinking why she left him alone. He got some relief when she came back with water and went into the kitchen again to make tea.

He was looking around in the living room and felt it was still the same when he came a few years ago to check whether she is related to Naveen or not. In the room, just the colour on the wall and some furniture has been changed. He was keeping his mobile on the side table and saw an old picture of Ahuluwaliyas in a photo frame. It included Naveen, Naina and their parents. This makes him remember the weird dream he had yesterday.

Rajveer was sleeping in his room after taking the anxiety tablet again. He saw himself walking alone on the road and searching for a place to have water. He look here and there but was not able to find any restaurant or shop. But suddenly spotted an open shop and went inside but found it empty. Rajveer was surprised but was tired, thirsty and looking for a place to sit. He saw two empty chairs, crashed on one of the seats and felt that had just won something. He closed eyes to relax but opened it in a jerk when heard his name in that voice which he always wanted to hear again. A person was sitting on a chair in front of him. He was so happy to see this person that jumped and hugged. The other person was shocked to see his behaviour and shouted "Raj, kya kar raha hain tu. Gir jaaunga main".

Rajveer (separated himself and said with a big smile) : "Natak mat kar. I am so happy to see you. Kaha chala gaya tha mere yaar, Naveen".

Naveen (patted his shoulder) : "Yahi tha (pointed at his heart) tere paas".

Rajveer hugged again to get comfort from him and Naveen patted his back.

Naveen (after breaking the hug, pulled a chair in which Rajveer was sitting earlier and made him sit) : "Kya hua Raj itna pareshan kyu hain tu".

Rajveer (kept holding his hand as was scared that he would vanish) : "Tere ko sabh pata hain (looked at side) "I have lost her".

Naveen (smiled and made Rajveer look at him) : "Aur tu kuch nahi karega bas usko jaane dega".

Rajveer (with teary eyes) : "Kya karu phir, usne Viren ko accept kar liya hain aur abh mere se koi baat nahi karna chaati".

Naveen : "Dar gaya Naina se, kaha gaya woh Raj jo kisi se nahi darta tha. Jisko apne aap par vishwaas tha aur us par logo ko".

Rajveer (cleared his tears) : "Woh Raj abh nahi raha. Aur teri behen itni gusse wali kyu hain".

Naveen (chuckled) : "Hum sabh usse gusse se darte the par tu toh usko samajhta hain na. Kya pata woh tera intezaar kar rahi ho, ki tu is baar usko chorh kae nahi jaayega".

Rajveer (stood up and said loudly) : "Kitni baar usse baat karne ki koshish ki par Naina nahi sun rahi meri baat. Tu bata main kya karu".

Naveen (stand up next to him) : "Jaa ek baar uske paas, tu jaanta hain woh tujhse naaraz ho sakti hain par teri rah bhi dekhti hogi".

Rajveer (looked at him) : "Tujhe mujh par yakeen kyu hain itna. (hesitantly) Meri feelings Naina ko jo leke hain tujhe usse koi problem nahi hain".

Naveen (smiling hold his shoulders) : "Mujhe tujh par yakeen tha tabhi toh maine tujhe chuna khud to azaad karne kae liye. Yaad hain woh mera recorder jo maine tujhe Naine ko dene kae liye diya tha (Rajveer nodded). I wanted both of you to meet as I knew that only you can help her in finding the truth and she will help you in getting out of the guilt of killing a friend".

Rajveer started crying as he still feels guilty of killing him, if he has got any help or ideas then Naveen would be alive and living with his family.

Naveen (understood his pain and said softly) : "Raj, tu kuch nahi kar sakta tha, wahi sahi tha. Apne aap ko guilty maana band kar. Abh ye sabh bhul jaa, meri behan ko teri jaroorat hain aur tujhe uski. Usko yakeen dila ki tuh kahi nahi jaayega aur jo dil mae hain bol de. Meri behan aur maa baba ka dhyan rakhiyo aur apna bhi".

Rajveer was looking at him as how his friend always helped him in realising his feelings or choosing the right path. He was wiping tears and Naveen vanished in the air as know that Rajveer would fight for his love and would protect Naina. Rajveer called him but Naveen didn't come back. He woke up from his dream with a fear that he won't be able to see him again and was sweating badly. Rajveer has now realised that Naveen is right, he can't give up on her, has to tell Naina what he feels for her and will be with her even if she pushes him out. He went near the cupboard and brought out the handkerchief from its drawer which Naina gave to him when he was going out to get that red box. Rajveer take it with him to bed and slept by placing it near his heart. In the morning after informing Shalini, he left for Nainital to meet her.

Naina put tea and snacks on the table and Rajveer came out of his thoughts. She sat in front of him and was nervously looking here and there. Rajveer was staring at her deeply and wanted to tell her about his feelings as how much he loves her, the pain of living without her and asking for a chance. Naina felt a gaze and looked at him. Their eyes met but no one was saying anything. They want to remain like this and share their pain, complaints and helplessness.

Ham yaha tum yaha dil jawa wo sama
Lekin kaha suru suru ke pyar ka
Phir se chalo churaye dil yar ka

Phir ho wahi bate, phir ho wahi rate
Phir wahi ratjage, phir wahi bechainiya
Ham yaha tum yaha dil jawa wo sama
Lekin kaha suru suru ke pyar ka
Phir se chalo churaye dil yar ka

Jab kuch kahe lab se, pahle kahe sab se
Janeman meri ja jane janeja jane jaha
Ham yaha tu yaha diljawa wo sama

Movie : Zakham