Ek Wada

Naina entered the house after them while passing very close to him. Rajveer closed his eyes and felt a fresh air with her. She had fragrances that had a mixture of lavender and rose. It had a soothing effect on Rajveer as it's related to Naina's characteristics. It was woody, distinct, fresh, sweet and sensuous. When Naina crossed him, she inhaled the fragrance of sandalwood and mint. It smells liked him a mixture of reliability, freshness, musky, smoky, warmth and coolness.

Rajveer closed the door and followed her. Naina stood next to Huda and was talking to Shalini. Rajveer was with Pooja and Alekh but his eyes were set on Naina only. He was waiting for her to talk to him. He was sad as she didn't even ask how he was but was also happy as she did came for him.

Naina walked towards Rajveer as she has decided to get answers and to clear a few things. Rajveer saw her coming and a new hope arose in him. Pooja and Alekh moved to the side to give them space.

Naina (looked at him and fidgeted with hands) : "Mujhe aap se baat karni hain. Kya aap please kuch der kae liye bahar chalenge".

Rajveer nodded and was about to take a step to go with her but stopped when heard Naina's voice.

Naina (with concern) : "Bahar bahut thand hain, agar aapke pass koi jacket hain toh please pehan lijiye".

Rajveer smiled at her concern and thanked Shalini in mind for bringing a few of his clothes with her.

He rushed inside the room and wore a jacket in a hurry. When came out, he was struggling to close the zip.

Naina's friends and Shalini looked at Rajveer and laughed at his condition. Rajveer was already nervous and their laughing was making it worse. He glanced at them and all became quiet as didn't want to ruin this chance for him. Naina went near Rajveer and closed the zip. Rajveer was staring at her affectionately. He was delighted as she was standing very close and taking care of him. He missed her a lot and it was only a few times that she was with him, since he has come back. Naina can feel his stare and felt awkward. She didn't look at him and left the house in a hurry. Rajveer smiled and followed her.

They were walking quietly on the street and also were stealing glances of each other. There was silence but it was not uncomfortable as this silence was bringing peace, warmth and friendliness which they were missing in the last few years. After a few minutes, they entered a vacant park. It had old trees, different type of big plants and trimmed grass. It was nearly afternoon, so, people have gone to their business. Naina pointed towards a bench in the corner of the park and both were seated there.

The chilly winds were blowing and Rajveer thanked Naina for asking him to wear something warm. Naina only smiled and kept looking at an old tree which was planted in front of her. But Rajveer was peeking at her. He knows that she is trying to ask something but is hesitating. There were few lines on her forehead and may be fighting a war within herself. He wants her to say something first as Naina only has the power to decide what she wants to do with her life. He will wait for her decision about her life and their love.

Naina after thinking a lot, looked at her side where he was sitting and spoke

Naina (very softly) : "Sir, yaad hain aapne ek baar humse kaha tha ki ek soldier akela larta hain jab tak uske saathi na aa jaye. Woh aur na hi apne sathiyo ko akela chorta hain. Toh aap kyu akele lare aur na humhe bataya. Ye jung sirf aapki nahi thi balki hum sab ki thi. Main jaanti hu aap sirf humhe bacha rahe the par shayad hum aapki kuch madad kar pate. Main academy mae, kuch din bhi nahi tik pati agar aap mera saath nahi dete. Aapne mujhe kai baar bachaya aur kayi ehsan hain aapke mujh pae. Aapne mujhe kabhi report nahi kiya jab maine aap par goli chali. You tolerated all my misbehaviour and hatred. Why Sir".