Ek Naya Saathi

Viren stopped car outside a place that had big iron doors which were open. After getting down, Naina saw an old building which was surrounded by trees but was ruined. She was surprised as to why they are here but was also trying to recognise this place as may have seen and read about it in history books. Viren pulled a basket from the car's trunk and took her inside by holding her hand. While entering, she read its name on board 'Old Fort' and information below that it was built by Pandvas then again by Humayun and Sher Shah Suri. They were walking together but still she was trying to walk fast to keep up with Viren. She looked around and realised that very few people are here as it was still early, they were walking and exercising.

Naina (irritatingly) : "Why are we here Viren? Mujhe der ho rahi hain".

Viren (looked at Naina but were still walking on lane along with building) : "Ek minute bas pahuch hi gaye".

Viren looked ahead and after a few minutes they stopped near the corner of the ground. Naina stared at him and asked "Hum yaha kya kar rahe hai".

Viren pointed above, Naina raised her head to see that they were standing below a big tree which has a lot of trunks and its branches were covered with big leaves. This tree must be a few years old.

Viren : "Ye tree mere liye bahut important hain kyuki (with tears in eyes touched the tree's skin) isko maine aur Suhan nae lagaya tha".

Naina was feeling guilty of showing her irritation to him. She also came near the tree and said "Bahut yaad karte ho na use tum Viren".

Viren (swallowed a lump in his throat) : "Ha, bahut karta hu. I miss her. Woh meri sabse achi dost aur secret keeper thi. Jaise tumhare liye Naveen Bhaiya thae waise thi meri behan Suhan".

Naina also got tears in her eyes as she can really understand pain of losing a sibling. She also lost her brother whom she loves the most and for him fought against this world. She put a hand on his shoulder. Viren stared at her and cleared his tears.

Viren : "Maine socha tumhe isse milwa du. (pointing at tree) Meet my beautiful and lovely sister Suhan" (pointed towards Naina). "Isse milo, my beautiful fiance Naina aur (smiled shyly) tumhari bhabhi".

Naina (smilingly glanced at the tree) : "Hi Suhan, kaisi ho tum".

Viren was feeling emotional to see Naina standing and talking to her. It was a secret place for both of them and now Naina is also part of it. He held her hand and brought to a cemented bench under the tree. After seated there, Viren opened up the basket which had a thermos filled with tea and a container that had grilled paneer sandwiches. Naina smiled after seeing him prepared and bringing breakfast for them. She thought he does care about her and has accepted her in his life that's why she is with him in this sacred place but will she accept him like this. Viren saw that she was lost somewhere and poked her shoulder to take one of the sandwiches. Naina came out of her thoughts and took it.

They quietly eat their breakfast while enjoying tea, silence and each other's company. After some time, Naina thanked him for showing and sharing this place with her. Also, for this special breakfast but reminded him that it's time to go as its getting late. They stood up and Viren suddenly hugged her. She was shocked when he did that but didn't say anything to him. Naina knows that he is getting emotional because of this place and her going to Nanital. He broke the hug and kissed her right cheek. Naina saw him with wide eyes but was startled when he brushed his lips with her. She stepped backward, saw him with anger for a minute and started walking towards parking. Viren realised that maybe he went too far as she is still accepting this new relationship and ran after. He kept calling her but Naina didn't stop till she reached the car.

Viren (nervously) : "Naina, I am sorry. Mujhe nahi karna chaiye tha. Please gussa mat ho mujhse".

Naina (looked at him without any emotion) : "Humhe chalna chaiye Viren. Sabh wait kar rahe honge. Mujhe kuch time chaiye is naye rishte ke liye".