Main se Hum

Rajveer was getting ready in a hurry as he was getting late. It's already 8 and the engagement was going to happen in two hours. He was murmuring to himself "Kon bolega ki tu army mae tha. Kisne kaha tha alarm band karne ko. Agar woh shor machara tha toh tujhe uthane kae liye par tujhe toh aur sona tha. Abh bhugat, late ho gaya". Rajveer slept in the morning after a sleepless night. He smiled shyly after remembering Naina's love and concern for him last night. He felt she had given him a special place in her life. He knows it's below Naveen but won't complain as does not want to compare it to anyone. Rajveer always wanted a place in her life and heart. He just needs her attention and wishes to be in her close group. That group where Naveen, her parents and friends are and for them she would go to any limit. He knows that he is now part of it.

Rajveer was smiling without a break and was humming a song. He checked himself again in the mirror after setting hair more than 25 times. He wanted to look good for her, so, that she doesn't see anything else rather than him. He felt that Naina chose the best outfit for him and would have been still confused if she had not selected it. He blushed and was not able to wait to see her in his choice of clothes. But his smile faded when remembers Naveen. "Thanks mujhe apna dost banane kae liye, Naveen. Agar tu mujhe na milta toh main kabhi Naina se na milta. Par tune kyu mujh chuna khud ko azaad karne kae liye. I miss you my friend. Kyu chala gaya tu humhe chor kae. I promise ki main Naina kya khayal rahuga aur maa baba ka bhi". He cleared his tears and composed himself.

Rajveer checked his watch and slapped forehead as it was nearly 9:30 AM. He heard a knock and already knows who has come to call him. When he opens the door sees Shalini with her teasing smile.

Shalini (in a mischievous tone) : "Kya baat hain Captain, aaj toh kya lag rahe hain. Naina toh bas (winked at him and Rajveer shyly looked down). Par itni der kyu laga di, mujhe toh laga kahi apne apna irada toh nahi badal diya".

Rajveer (looked at her and blurted out) : "Dr. Shalini....Aise kaise main engage nahi honga Naina se. (in loud voice) Aapko pata bhi hain maine kitna intezaar kiya hain is din ka".

Shalini (laughed at his condition) : "I know Captain. I am also happy for you. (in serious tone) Main humesha apne aap kasoor war samajhti thi ki agar aapko woh main solitary punishment ke baad woh sabh nahi bolti toh....".

Rajveer (softly) : "Aapne kuch galat nahi bola tha. Agar main kuch aur karta toh mere aur Naina kae liye bahut dangerous hota".

Shalini smiled at him and pushed her tears back.

Shalini : "Chalein. Naina bhi abhi aati hogi."

Rajveer smilingly nodded at her. He wanted to see Naina desperately and was getting impatient. They were in the living room now and Huda, Alekh was helping out Naina's parents in making arrangements. He went near her mother to hold a tray of gifts but she didn't let him. Mira pointed to a sofa and told him to sit quietly there. He like a good kid obeyed her and his cadets giggled at his behaviour. Shalini went upstairs to check Naina who was getting ready along with Pooja. Rajveer's eyes were fixed on stairs and was waiting for her to come. He just wants to get engaged to her and give a name to their relationship. They have always heard taunts to have an illicit or tarnishing teacher student relation. But these people didn't know or even tried to understand what they had was not illegitimate. It was an innocent bond that tied them up unintentionally. They were helping each other to get free from guilt, pain, darkness and to have justice for a person whom they both loved.

His thoughts were broken when saw Naina coming downstairs with Pooja and Shalini. He forgets to breathe and maybe his heart misses a beat. She was looking like an angel and so innocent. When their eyes met, they were conveying love to each other. Naina was also not able to move her eyes from him as he was looking stunning. His face was glowing with happiness and content. She found his stare today different as maybe he wants to let her know that you are mine and won't let anyone take away from him. Their trance was broken when Pooja whispered in her ear "Sir se network jurnae wala hain tera Naina. Bas thori si waiting call hain".