𝟏𝟐𝟐

"𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝙴𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ
𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕕𝕒𝕪
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘶

EMILY LOOKS through the file that Garcia gave her about their new case. There's a serial killer in Las Cruces, New Mexico that is targeting women in a gated community. There's going to be a lot to do with profiling, considering how close-knit the community seems to appear.

"Ashely," Rossi says as he walks down the steps by Hotch's office and into the bullpen. Derek touches his papers to Emily's arm and nods towards a blonde woman walking up to them. "Agent Trainee Seaver, Supervisory Special Agents Prentiss and Morgan."

Derek shakes Ashley's hand as she introduces herself. "I've heard a lot about both of you," she compliments them before shaking Emily's hand as well.

"Well, I hope it was all good," Derek says.

"Very, sir," Ashley says with an affirming nod of her head.

"Anything specific?" he asks. "I mean, about me in particular."

"Oh, please don't encourage him," Emily groans.

"Agent Seaver is on loan to us from the Academy while she's in remedial training with an injury," Aaron explains.

"Concussion," Seaver says. "Hand-to-hand got a little out of control."

"How's the other guy?" Emily asks.

"Oof, don't ask," Ashley jokes, making Emily and Derek smile.

"I was remediated in the Academy also," Spencer mentions as he walks up to the group.

"Agent Seaver, Dr. Reid," Rossi introduces the two.

"Uhm, what was your issue?"

"What was my issue?" Spencer asks himself. "Marksmanship, physical training, obstacle course, Hogan's Alley—you know, pretty much everything that wasn't technically book-related. They ultimately had to make exceptions to allow me into the field."

"Agent Seaver's going to accompany us to New Mexico," Hotch interjects before Derek can make fun of Spencer.

"She is?" Derek asks.

"As a consultant."

"On?" Derek continues his questioning.

"She has a unique perspective," Rossi says.

"They don't know?" Ashley asks David.

"Well, we weren't sure how you wanted to, uh..." David trails off as he feels as though he may have offended her.

"Seaver's not my original last name, it's my mother's maiden name," Ashley begins to explain. "Mine used to be Beauchamp. My father is Charles Beauchamp."

"As in the Redmond Ripper Charles Beauchamp?" Spencer asks in shock.

"That's him," Ashley says with pursed lips.

"He killed 25 women over 10 years in rural North Dakota. I think you caught him, right, Rossi?" Spencer questions, not realizing how his talking about the case might be affecting Ashley.

"Hotch was on that team, too," Rossi mentions before looking to him to explain more.

"Based on her life experience, we were hoping that Agent Seaver might recognize something in the family dynamics inside the community that could be helpful," Hotch says, making everyone nod. "We have a plane waiting."

Rossi shows Ashley the way with Spencer following with them as well. Emily turns to grab her bag from her desk, sharing a glance with Derek before turning to look at Hotch.