Chapter 5

Saturday, October 6

"Tell me the truth," Mikey says. Since we got home we ate dinner and talked a bit before he started to grill me about what happened earlier. I really don't feel like talking about it. He said a couple hurtful words, I cried like a pathetic baby end of story.

"Mikey! Drop it! I'm tired," I snap. Mikey glares at me.

"Well, the sooner you tell me the sooner you can go to bed."

I quickly shot out of my seat and ran towards my room. I'm not quick enough because I feel Mikey's arms wrap around my waist and he throws me onto the couch.

"Mikey!"

"Spill! We can do this all night, Imogen," he yells.

"Fine! He said that I should stay away from him," I say. Mikey sits down on the couch with a sigh.

"That's it?"

I nodded slowly. It's not a big lie, it's just a tiny lie to keep Mikey from pounding Kyle's face into the ground. I may or may not want to see that. "Yes, now let's go to bed."

"Alright, fine."

"Can I wear your sweatshirt? I don't want to wear my shorts and a tank top tonight."

"Sure."

^^^

In the middle of the night I hear banging at the door. I'm not about to get up and answer the door at eleven o'clock at night so I go into Mikey's room. I trip over a few things before I get to his bedside. I slap his arm a few times and he groans.

"What the- Imogen?"

"Yeah," I mumble. "There's banging at the door."

Mikey gets up and I'm glad it's pitch black in the room 'cause I do not feel like seeing Mikey naked. Not that it isn't a beautiful sight... I just don't like Mikey that way. He pulls on some shorts and we walk out of the room.

I follow Mikey into the living room. He turns on the lamp so we can see and he opens the door. I stand behind him, not because I'm scared or anything like that I just like standing behind Mikey.

"It's your friends, Imogen," he says pushing me in front of him. In the doorway I see Jaxon, Alex and Wyatt.

"Jaxon?"

"What's up, shorty. Good to see you again, Miley," Jaxon smirks.

"It's Mikey," I say.

"Yeah, can we crash here?" Jaxon asks stepping into the apartment. Alex and Wyatt just stand there awkwardly awaiting my answer. I look at Mikey and he shrugs.

"Sure. Just let us sleep. We have work."

^^^

Sunday, October 7

"Why does he think calling me Miley is funny?" Mikey complains. Mikey glances at me when I don't respond. "Imogen?"

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"Nothing," he mumbles. I didn't mean to ignore him but I just can't stop thinking about what Kyle said to me. Everything he said was rude and mean and nasty. I think I will stay away from him.

Mikey pulls up in front of our building and we both get out of the car. Today I decided to just wear something simple. Of course, I was going to wear my usual tight skirt with a tucked in button up but Jaxon, Alex and Wyatt somehow convinced me that I looked ridiculously uncomfortable. So I changed into a black flowy dress with flats that have a bow on the front. I remember buying them and Mikey telling me that they were cute. Hopefully, my outfit is up to Mr. Peters' standards.