Chapter 32

Thursday, December 24

Imogen's POV

Talented wouldn't be the word to describe Kyle's art work, even his sketches on display were amazing. He did a big ceremony type thing where all the art was covered and he ripped off each sheet to reveal the paintings.

There was a painting of Margo, Aiden and even Amber. Paintings of mountains, cities, rivers, oceans, skies surrounded the place and it was a remarkable sight. Everything is perfect except for the fact that there is not one painting of me. But it's not about me, it's about Kyle so I'm forcing myself not to say anything.

There's a bunch of people standing around drinking champagne and commenting on each painting like they actually cared about the meaning behind it.

The auction is going to be towards the end and I really want one of those paintings but I have no money to even buy a sandwich at Wawa.

"I never knew Kyle was this... good," I murmured to Margo as she came to stand next to me.

"Yeah, he's quite the artist. But this kind of thing isn't really his scene. Look how uncomfortable he looks," Margo observed. I looked over at him and he did look very uncomfortable.

"Wyatt looks right at home."

Margo looks down at her hands with a frown. I forgot they were going through some things. "Yeah." She clears her throat.

"I'm sorry, Margo. I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine," she assured me. "I just don't get him anymore. I thought I had him figured out but I don't know him at all, Imogen."

"I'm sorry, Margo." I'm so glad when Kyle walks over to us and places a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm stealing Imogen for a few moments," Kyle interjected. He pulls me away and we start walking towards the back of the gallery. A room with black curtains all around, the floors were glass.

"What the hell is this room?" I ask.

Kyle wraps his arms around me and kisses. A real passionate kiss. Just when he pulls me closer he breaks the kiss leaving me gasping. "This is a room filled with mirrors. Mirrors everywhere. All you have to do is pull the curtains downs."

"Kind of kinky, isn't it?" I joke.

Kyle laughs, shaking his head. "It's not for that. It's for you to see how beautiful you are. And all you have to do is pull the curtains down."

I pull on the black curtain in one corner and all the curtains fall to the ground. Kyle really wasn't kidding, this whole room is just a big mirror. Even the ceiling is a mirror.

"Is this why you didn't paint a picture of me?"

He shrugs. "Yeah, Wyatt kind of gave me the idea but I had to raise my own funds for it. I had orders left and right."

"Where do you find the time? And I thought you were a - like a plumber."

"A handyman and yeah I was until I met you," he says placing a hand over his heart with a heartbroken look on his face.

"Very funny," I mumble.

"I love you, Imogen. And I hope you do know that you are beautiful."

"Thank you and I love you too."

^^^

"Aiden's getting a bit cranky and he's saying he wants to stay with you," Amber sighs. Aiden grabs onto Kyle's leg making Kyle lean down and pick him up.