Chapter 14

Picture of Margo: Alexa Vega

Saturday, November 2

Imogen's POV

I open the door to Kyle's apartment and I hear voices coming from the kitchen. I close the door as quiet as possible. Kyle seems to be in deep conversation with a woman. I walk closer so I can hear what they're saying. I hate to snoop but hey, I got to do what I gotta do.

"I'm getting tired of this conversation, okay? Get the hell out of my apartment," Kyle snaps. I've never heard him so pissed off. Other than that one time Jaxon gave him a wet willy while he was sleeping. That was not a pretty sight.

"I am so sick of you acting like an asshole. I regret sleeping with you in the first place."

"Finally, we're on the same page," he says flatly. I've never heard him be so mean either, he sounds so cold.

"I'm not leaving," the woman says.

"I will pick you up and carry you," he threatens.

The woman groans and I hear a slap. Did she... did she just slap my man? I'm tempted to go in there and slap her back but I want to hear the rest of there conversation. "I dare you to touch me," she warns. Right then I feel like I've heard her voice before.

"Get. out. And don't you ever step foot in this apartment again. I would never hit a woman but so help me... if you ever slap me again I'll-"

I decide to intervene right about there. "Hey Kyle!" I yell and move towards the couch to make it look like I just arrived. "You home?"

Kyle walks out of the kitchen with the woman following him. She is tall and beautiful. Her skin is a dark shade of brown and her eyes are wide and amazing. This woman is flawless and I recognize her. She's that girl from the parking lot that one time. What the hell is she doing slapping my man all over the place. If she wasn't so damn tall I'd show give her a piece of my mind.

"Yeah," he replies roughly.

"Who's this?" I ask casually.

The woman looks at me curiously then at Kyle. "Well, introduce us."

Kyle shakes his head. "Absolutely not. Get the hell out."

The woman ignores him and moves towards me with an out stretched arm. "I'm Amber," she says.

"Hi, I'm Imogen," I respond.

She then smirks at me before walking to the door. She swings it open making sure to glare at Kyle before she walks out slamming the door closed behind her.

"Hey," Kyle mumbles.

"What the hell just happened?"

His eyes narrow at me in suspicion. "You were snooping," he states. He knows me too well. "I told you I really hate that."

"And I don't care," I reply plopping down on his couch. "What was going on?"

"Amber is Aiden's mom."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"And she slapped you?"

"Yup." He sits down next to me and kisses my cheek. "It doesn't matter anymore. Aiden won't be coming around here anymore."

"Why not?"

"Imogen, please. I can't with all the questions," he tells me.

"I'm curious."

"I just - Amber is just annoying as hell and I don't want her to come here anymore with Aiden. I can't take her crap." Amber must be a terrible woman.