Chapter 10

Wednesday, October 10

"Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Open up! I want to talk to you before I go to work!"

The door swings open and there stands Kyle shirtless, tired, and angry. He's glaring at me with such venom in his eyes that it makes me take a step back. His hair is disheveled and messed up but it looks absolutely amazing, I literally can't stop staring at his hair.

He rubs a hand down his face and groans, snapping me out of my daydream. "Don't just stand there like an idiot, dang it. What the heck do you want? It's five o'clock in the morning," he snaps. And he's right, it's really early but his voice sounds so hot when he's tired. It's so early that I'm still in my pajamas and I didn't even comb my hair before I came over here.

"I just want to ask you something."

"Come in," he mumbles. He must be super tired if he's inviting me into his apartment. He sits down on his couch and I sit next to him. He's staring straight ahead so I do the same. "Um, are you going to ask me?"

"Right, well, I just wanted to know why you're so confusing," I say.

Kyle groans standing up off the couch. "That's not a question. Get up and get out."

I stand up as well. "I really do have a question."

"Alright."

"So, at that first party I went to with Jaxon... you were drunk and you said some things to me," I start.

He stills for a moment looking taken off guard, I guess he remembers that night pretty well. "What did I say exactly?"

"You said you couldn't stop thinking about me. And then the next few times I see you, you're a complete asshole and then you pick out a dress for me-"

"I swear I'll kill that boy," he grumbles to himself. I guess he knows Jaxon told me now. "You need to leave because it's way too early for this," he growls grabbing my wrist to pull me out of the apartment.

^^^

Kyle's POV

"She came here to ask me about the first party she went to with Jax."

"And?"

"She thinks I like her or something!"

"But you-"

"No, I don't want anything-" Before I could finish Wyatt punches me with all his might in my arm.

"Don't be a baby, quit whining," he grumbles. "Who cares what she thinks. You know Jax is getting attached to her and soon I'm pretty sure he's going to ask her out and then they'll fall in love."

The thought of that doesn't sit well with me for something reason and I feel my temperature rising. I don't want to be with Imogen per se but that doesn't mean I want her to be with Jax. She's too good for that goofy waz bag. What am I even saying? She's driving me to insanity, I swear.

"She isn't going to fall in love with Jax," I snap.

"So what, is she going to fall in love with you?" Wyatt questions. She can't fall in love with me.

"I'm just a waste of space, she won't fall for me," I mumble.

"What did I tell you about saying things like that? You're not damaged goods, your past does not define you and no one made you the way you are. So, stop complaining about no one loving you because you decided not to make a change in your life. You made the choice to be the way you are. Don't come to me with that crap about Imogen," Wyatt growls in a serious voice.