Chapter 25

I picture Dallas as Liam Hemsworth

Saturday, November 23

Kyle's POV

"Pregnant?"

"Kyle, I have somewhere to be so can we-"

"Pregnant? Really Amber?" She could be lying so I'm not sure if I believe her.

Amber frowns. "After Aiden I wasn't sure if I could have another baby and now I'm going to have another baby and he or she doesn't concern you, okay? I have to go. You can drop Aiden off at my mom's house before his bed time."

I would do that but Amber's mom literally hates me. She thinks I'm some kind of devil who ruined Amber's life and long story short she'd kill me if she got the chance. "You're mom hates me."

"Just do it," she snaps standing up. She sways a little on her feet placing a hand on her forehead. "I have to go."

She's always been so hard headed but right now being hard headed isn't the best thing because she's clearly sick. "Sit down," I tell her and she doesn't have to be told twice. She sits down and groans.

"My head is pounding."

^^^

"Does she have to stay here?" Imogen asks.

"No, she doesn't have to but I'm not letting her go out in her condition," I say. I can't even believe what I'm saying. Since when do I care about Amber like this?

"What's wrong with her?"

Should I tell her? It's not like the baby is mine but I'm not going to tell her because she might jump to conclusions. "She's just really under the weather."

"Is mommy going to die?" Aiden asks. For a moment I forgot he was in the kitchen with us coloring at the table.

"What makes you ask that?" That kind of negative thinking can't be healthy for a kid his age.

He shrugs. "Mommy's been throwing up her food and she's always crying," he says.

"So that means she's going to die?"

He shrugs again. "I don't want her to die."

"Your mom isn't going to die, Aiden. She's just sick, alright? She's upstairs resting right now."

He nods. "Okay."

Imogen smiles at me and pulls me aside. "You're getting better."

"At what?"

"At being a dad. That was awesome what you just said to him. How you comforted him," she says. Well, I could've said shut up and keep coloring but I actually reassured him that his mom was fine so I guess I am getting better at the whole dad thing.

"Whatever," I mumble. "Can you give Aiden and I a moment to talk? And can you check up on Amber?"

"Okay, be back in ten." She walks out of the kitchen leaving me and Aiden alone. I sit down at the table next to Aiden. He looks up at me.

"Does your mom bring boys around to her house?" I ask slowly. I just want to know who Amber is bringing around Aiden, I'm not jealous or anything. I was never into Amber at any point.

Aiden thinks about it for a moment. "Mommy has a friend named Steven he helped mommy when the other bad guy hit her in the face."

I start to think about all the times my mom got hit in front of Wyatt and I. For a young boy it was kind of scary seeing that kind of thing but I only saw that once or twice. Only God knows how many times Amber has been hit in front of Aiden. Hopefully it was just that one time. "And is that why she cries sometimes?"