Pilot

Y/N
My heart sank in my chest as I stood on the porch of my childhood home. Tears already brimmed my eyes as the cold winter air blew by. A light layer of snow rested on the ground and spread across every rooftop. The house was too beautiful to hold so many tainted images. Images that were burned into my brain.

The faint smell of cigarette smoke filled my nostrils as the floorboards in the porch steps creaked. Levi and Eren had arrived. A cigarette snuggly fit between Levi's fingers as his lips puckered around the bud. He drew in a last breath before tossing it to the floor and smashing it with the tip of his fancy shoe.

"Never thought I'd be back in this shit hole." Eren let out a sigh sticking his hands in his pockets. Levi hummed in agreement as the two men moved in front of me. My little brother had began working for Levi, who had somehow opened up and owned a whole bunch of businesses. It was so weird to think that the little boy who couldn't stay out of the school office was now a multimillionaire. But here we are.

Eren wore a nice suit, all black accept for the white shirt under the jacket. And Levi the same. Eren moved for the key we had always kept under the doormat, it was never moved. Forgotten. I wish I could forget the things that happened in this house.

My eyes darted down to the sudden soft velvet touch grazing my pinky. Levi kept his head straight as his hand slowly locked with mine. Our fingers fit perfectly together. He gave a gentle squeeze as Eren unlocked the front door.  My hand felt like it was melting in his. His touch pure electricity and I swear my knees started to buckle. I sucked in a breath through gritted teeth as the men lead me back into the house I wished I'd never return to.

I still remembered Eren's screams that would fill the attic. The way my mother would lock herself in her room until it was over. The way Levi would run to the back door, screaming my name until I was in his sight or he was in the house. Headphones could only drown out so much in a house of hell.

I shook the thoughts away as best as I could. The old floorboards creaked under our footsteps. Levi let go of my hand, picking up a piece of broken glass. The staircase had collected dust, the house smelled of old books and mildew. Not a good mixture.

The window above the staircase was broken, which explained the glass on the floor.

"Just as shitty as I remember." Levi tossed the glass on the floor.

We stood, barely moving as we reminisced in the memories we had wished for so long would just leave our helpless minds.

Our father was gone, and mother divorced him short after Eren and I had moved out. She moved far away and only would occasionally reach out. We were just a reminder of her pain in this house. Hell. Everything was.

We were the only ones who could clean out this shit hole and finally sell it. 

Family portraits still loosely littered the walls. Nobody knew those kids in the photos needed help. Nobody accept for Levi. My eyes broke out of the disassociating state they had on the staircase in search for my neighbor, who had already made his way into the kitchen.

I tightened my ponytail moving into the kitchen. Eren was taking the pictures off of the wall. Levi was looking for a broom as glass crunched under his shoes. I traced my finger along the counter, collecting the dust of our never-ending memories.