What we've always known

(highly recommend listening to Black Beauty by Lana Del Ray while reading this ch.)

Y/N

I fucking hated crying. I hated feeling scared and I made a promise to myself that i'd never let myself feel the same kind of fear that my father instilled in me.

But it was back. That fear was back, and tears flooded the dams that my lower eye lids attempted to act like.

Jean stayed with me but gave me my space as I asked. He refused to leave me alone until Levi returned and only god knew when that would be. I locked myself in his bedroom just feeling his silk sheets.

I just wanted to lay with him and let myself unfold. But at the same time I didn't want to feel vulnerable. I felt so weak when I cried. I felt like the most sensitive piece of shit who always just needed a rock or someone to pick them up.

I slid off of the bed, sitting by his big window in the corner. I let my head lean on the window as I brought my knees up to my chest. I just needed to cry. I just wanted to unfold. Just once.

I cried.

I held my knees to my chest, squeezing myself in a tight hug as the hot sting of my tears ran down my face.

I don't know how long I sat there, or how long I cried.

I watched the passing cars down on the road below Levi's bedroom. The city was lit up, it looked so beautiful at night.

Eventually, Levi's bedroom door swung open followed by heavy footsteps. I didn't look up, but just stayed to myself as I cried.

"Oh sweetie." His voice, his face, he filled my thoughts. And here he was pulling me out of shit yet again. I felt so fucking weak.

I cried. I cried and cried.

He pulled me away from the corner, sliding in behind me. I watched his legs stretch out on each side of my body before he pulled me against his chest. He didn't say anything. He just held me as I cried. His suit jacket was off, and he just had his white button down and dress pants on. I could hear his heart beating in his chest as he held my head to it and stroked my hair. He kissed my head occasionally as he held me. He stroked my hair in intervals as he rested his chin on my head.

He just let me cry.

"You're safe baby." He kissed my head not asking me anything. Not telling me that it would be okay, but reassuring me that he was here and that I was safe in his arms. Just as I always had been.

"I'm- s-sorry you had to see me like this." I mumbled out against his chest as I tried to calm my breathing. 

"Baby hush. It's okay. You're human and I want to be the one to see you like this and take care of you. I'm so honored to be the one you let your feisty guard down around. I'm so honored to see your vulnerability. I see you Y/n, all of you and you're absolutely perfect. You are allowed to be human."

I sobbed. I fucking sobbed as he spoke to me. His voice rumbled through my body. It felt so amazing. I had never had anything or anyone like him. I never wanted to lose it.

"Ever since we were little, I've always felt so honored to be the one to take care of you and Eren. I fucking hated your father for what he did to you. But at the same time it brought me you and Eren. It brought me my family." He spoke softly and traced my cheek with the back of his middle finger.

He spoke into the top of my head between kisses. I was curled up into a ball as I listened to him. He felt so warm and nice, and he smelled like him. His arms never faltered around me, and they held me tightly against him.