Conflicting Choices

Y/N

A week had passed by since our encounter with the big "Willy Tybur." Levi has stayed by my side and been extremely supportive of what I may or may not need. He doubled the security at his main office building and we haven't had any incidents since Eren, who was now fully healed and back to work for Mr. Ackerman.

Levi called a board meeting this morning that I attended. I took notes on the businesses he wanted to sign a contract with for only god knows what. He had a list of businesses lined up and ready to go into business with him.

I sat at my desk flipping through each contract Levi had handed to me. The stack was quite thick, even for him.

Tap tap tap.

My boss stood in my door way rolling up the cuff to his sleeve.

"I have a business trip coming up this weekend. I need you to put it in my schedule. Are you gonna be okay at the house or do you want someone to stay with you?" He inched forward into my office cocking his head as he spoke. His fingers still worked the fabric of his cuff over the small button on the forearm of his sleeve.

"I'm not going with you?" I put my pen down sliding my chair away from my desk a bit. His face fell confused.

"No. No you're not. It's dangerous Y/n."

"All the more reason to go with you!" I stood heading for the door. His hands came up to grab my shoulders.

"I already have my men going with me Y/n. I'll be fine but I need you here at home where I know you're safe." His eyes bore into mine. He spoke calmly as he ordered me.

"Levi. I'm going with you." I pulled out of his grip moving back to my chair.

"Y/n you don't understand. We're staying in Tybur's hotel. This might be the only chance to take him down."

"Now you're really fucking crazy if you think you're going without me. I'll have Miche take me home to pack."

"Y/n." I went to leave again, his hands grabbed mine, gently pulling me back to where he was.

"Please." He pleaded so nicely. His eyes twinkled as they bolted between mine. They were so pretty. So silver.

"Levi, you have to trust me. We're in this together." My arm reached up to touch his face. He shut his eyes as my index finger traced his temple and down his cheek and played in his hair. He leaned into my touch almost as if he had never been touched so gently. His soft raven hair.

He opened his eyes again, they were glossed over.

"The last time someone said those words to me, they died Y/n. You have to understand, I trust you, but it's my job to protect you." His eyes never left mine as he spoke. I could feel the pain in them. My heart twinged and a lump formed in my throat.

"Baby." The words just came out of my mouth. And I wanted to hold him. I dropped my hand from his face before taking him in.

His body was warm as he held me. My arms wrapped around his shoulders, and his face buried itself in my neck. It was so nice. He was breathing so deeply.

"I think your father will be there too. So please just stay here." He pulled away from me holding onto my hips. His hand occasionally would sweep a stray hair out of my face and linger in my hair.

"Is Eren staying?" I questioned. He broke eye contact flipping his head back in defeat.

"That's not fair Y/n he works for me."

"I do too Levi." My voice broke.

"Ahem. Mr. Ackerman?" Erens voice echoed through the room pulling us apart. I wiped my nose choking back my tears and Levi's eyes were set in stone on Eren.

"One of the business executives is here. Remember you have the meeting?" Eren looked between us, continuing.

"Right. I'll be there in a moment. I was just leaving." Levi glanced back at me running a hand through his hair.

"Is everything okay sir?" Eren questioned looking between Levi and I. His big emerald orbs were unsure of which body to settle on.

"Yes. Everything's fine. Find Miche and tell him to take your sister home. She needs to pack." He spat the last sentence like it was a curse before leaving without another word.

"Y/n. What's wrong?" Eren questioned putting the clip board down to embrace me in his arms. 

"Levi and I are just fighting. He wants me to stay here instead of going with him on the business trip."

"Don't worry Y/n. You guys just need to talk about it. Levi's stubborn but everyone can see that he has a soft spot for you." He patted my head as he spoke. It was kind of funny that my little brother was twice the size of me.

"Thanks Eren." We pulled away as I smiled at him. His smile was still goofy yet so charming.

"How are you guys anyways? Ya know? The whole relationship thing?" He scratched the back of his neck reaching for the clip board. My heart stuttered in my chest.

"What?! No we're not. We're not together?" I stuttered too attempting to claim that Levi wasn't my boyfriend.

"You're not? Everyone and their grandma thinks you two are. Especially at the office. I'm so glad I wasn't here two weeks ago cause rumor has it that you two had a little fun in his offi-..."

"Erennnn..." I cut him off shushing him.

"Hm. Does Levi know that?" He shot a glance to the man next door who was already eyeing me down through the glass windows.

"I'm sure he's the one who'd set that as a ground rule. Don't worry Eren." I smiled nervously before collecting my things and following him out the door.