New Assistant

Levi

The office has been quiet today other than my new employee. The light hum of music seeped through the cracks of the windows that separated our offices.

I had Eren take her to grab the things she needed from home before she finally started on the stack of paperwork I gave to her.

I watched her chew at her cherry red lips as she sorted through the papers. Occasionally I could hear her voice over the music she lightly played. It was honestly nice but extremely inappropriate for a place of business.

I returned back to the stack of papers on my desk. The top one staring me dead in the face seemingly with a huge grin.

Rose Residency Apartment Complex.

The apartment complex Y/n had lived in since she moved out of that shitty house. Yet another shitty place to live, but not as bad. I was going to sign a contract to buy the property. Maybe rebuild and remodel the complex before lowering the rent. It was a place for low income citizens. Not wealthy residents.

My pen moved smoothly across the paper as I signed my name. If Y/n ever found out, her ego would be through the roof. She'd either think we're in some rom com and that I want her, or that I'm just buying it out to try and control another part of her life. She also gets mad when I spend "too much" money, which is why she wouldn't ever fucking find out.

Tap tap tap.

Three light taps echoed through out the office, I swiftly slid the paper under the rest of the stack as I waved the petite, red-lipped, h/c girl into my office.

"Your paperwork is done." She smiled fakely plopping down in the chair before my desk, obviously getting comfy.

"Great. I have another stack for you." I smiled tapping on the pile i was previously working on.

"Jeez what do you do all day?" She rolled her eyes picking up the stack and flipping through it. Her eyes widened as her fingers stopped on a paper.  Her mouth parted ever so slightly like it did when we were on the porch.

"Levi. Fucking. Ackerman. What the hell is this?!" I loved the way she said my name. Especially when she was angry.

Rose Residency Apartment Complex was staring me right in the fucking face again as she waved the paper in front of me.

Fuck.

"What? I question snatching the paper from her tiny hand.

"That's my apartment complex. That's where i live. Why is your signature fancied across the bottom of a purchasing contract?" She stood back up slamming the paper on my desk as she pointed at the name of the paper.

"It's exactly what it looks like dumbass. I bought the fucking complex to lower rent." I swiped the paper out from under her index finger slamming it into my desk drawer with the other stack of papers I had to eventually fill out.

She stared in awe. The emotion on her face unreadable, but her eyes never left mine.

"Levi don't it's not worth it. I won't even be living there for long anyways and with the job you provided me I can pay rent now." She sat back down in my office chair, playing with the quicks of her fingernails.

"Funny you think i'm doing this for you." I retorted watching her stay silent as she fiddled with her hands. 

"Hey. Why don't you go grab us some lunch." I pulled out a $50 from my suit pocket and placed it on the desk. Giving her something to do might distract her.

"I'll buy you lunch if you won't buy my apartment complex." She smirked as a twinkled lit a fire in her eyes.

"Stop. I do what I want with my money." I practically growled as she seemed to evaporate in my chair.

"It's more business and income in the long run."

"Now be my assistant and go buy us some fucking lunch." I pushed the $50 further towards her on the edge of the desk, straitening my tie as I stood.

"Ya know If you weren't such a dick, I'd thank you." Her words were cold before she tried to slam my door, but the automatic soft close kicked in.

~
"I got you some Ramen." She placed a steaming bowl onto my office desk purposefully smearing her finger across the glass countertop.

"Where's your bowl. I handed you a $50."

"I just wasn't hungry." She sat back in my chair giving me the change from the $50. Yeah of course $50 is a lot for two $4 bowls of ramen. But I was gonna let her get what she wanted.

I sighed snatching my money from her hand.

"You need to learn to follow orders Y/n. I told you to get both of us some food." I pushed the bowl towards her.

"I'm just not hungry Levi."

"You're not hungry or you don't want to spend my money?" I questioned. She stayed silent.

"Y/n, Honey. Why won't we walk. I'll show you what my money does." I offered my hand to her grinning as she pushed it away. We made our way into the hall and past the cubicles filled with working employees.

"Don't worry about money while you're in this building... better yet don't worry about money while you're employed by me." We took a stroll into the break room. A beautiful view met the other side of the door, a couch accompanied the city through the windows. My building was breathtaking. And it felt so good to know I had built it from scratch. It felt so good to know people saw it through my eyes. Saw what I built.

"It was an order. I gave an order for you to spend my money. Therefore it's not on you to decide otherwise." I continued as she sat on the couch, staring through the big city windows at the glowing scenery. Those plump cherry lips parted again.

"I want to finish the paperwork." She stated randomly as I fixed myself a cup of black tea.

"Now? You don't want to share the bowl of ramen you bought me?"

"No."