Remaining Hope

LEVI:
"What's her name?" The EMT asked as I lifted her into the gurney.

"Y/n. Y/n L/n is her name. She was ambushed in my hotel room. Four men attacked. One was choking her." I spoke fast.

"Okay sir. She's gonna be okay! She doesn't have any severe open wounds but her hand looks pretty gashed up. Her neck is severely bruised." He stood rushing her outside and into the ambulance. I hopped in behind him, I needed to be with her.

He strapped on a neck brace before putting an IV in her. She was already starting to bruise. My gut hurt. I pinched the bridge of my nose trying to get rid f the stinging sensation in my eyes. So close. If I had been a second later...-

"Sir are you hurt anywhere? Is that your blood?" He pointed to my shirt and my hands.

"Uh. No. I'm fine." I answered quickly before moving my gaze back to Y/n. She was still hastily awake. I didn't know if she could hear us. Her eyes blinked slowly. Her pupils dilated.

"Ma'am. Do you know where you are?"

"She was just choked. I don't want her to speak."

"Right. If you do, can you nod for me?" We both watched as Y/n gave the slightest nod possible.

"Do you know this man?" He looked towards me looking me up and down.

She nodded and her eyes filled with tears. Her arm wiggled slightly and her hand shook as she attempted to reach out to me.

"I'm here Y/n. I'm right here baby." I held her hand, easing both of our shaking nerves. She nodded feeling me rub her hand. Her other hand was bandaged.

"You saved her life man. You should be proud." The EMT continued his assessment before we got to the hospital.

They were quick to admit her, of course forcing me to sit in the fucking waiting room. I gave them hell but i knew they needed to take care of her. So I obliged and sat.
~
"Sir?" A timid woman shyly approached me.

"She's ready if you'd like to see her." I nodded getting up and making my way to her hospital room.

"Hai." She smiled faintly giving me a whisper as a greeting. I didn't care. I was just so fucking glad to see her.

"Hai baby." I made my way to her sitting on the edge of the hospital bed.

"How are you feeling?" I questioned reached out for her hand. I gently rubbed it waiting for an answer.

"I'm okay. They changed the bandage on my hand and that hurt a bit. They won't let me take this neck brace off either and apparently I have three broken ribs." She winced letting out a forced chuckle.

"Hey, don't force it." I reached up, wiping a stray hair out of her face.

"Don't look at me like that." She pouted with what little strength she had left, which made me chuckle.

"Like what?"

"With a furrowed brow like i'm about to break."

I felt my heart twinge in my chest.

"I'm just. I'm sorry i didn't see this coming. I woul-

"Levi. Please. You can't do that to yourself or me. You can't blame yourself. I'm okay and you saved me anyways. You always do. Besides. I think i kicked that big guys ass." She smiled raising her bandaged hand.

"Yeah baby. You kicked his ass." I leaned in, caressing her hair softly as I kissed her head. Her sweat beaded head.

"Are you hurt?" She questioned analyzing my body.

"No ba-

"Yes you are. Your shoulder is bleeding." She nodded towards the gash I didn't realize I had on my shoulder.

"Miss Y/n?" A doctor entered the room reading a clipboard.

She nodded squeezing my hand.

"Hey sweet girl. How you feeling?"

"Okay."

"Good. So there's no internal bleeding or anything. I would just give those ribs and that throat a few weeks to heal along with your hand. We're gonna keep you over night just to be sure. But after your check tomorrow you can go home."  She came over, taking off the neck brace to check the bruises again. They were big and dark. My heart twinged every time I looked at them.

She then lifted the hospital gown to check the bruising from her broken ribs, which was 10x worse than her neck.

"On the bright side, you won't have any scars from bruises." She winked before pulling her gown back down and recovering her in the blanket.

"And you are her boyfriend?" She questioned turning her gaze to me. I looked at Y/n unsure of what to answer. She nodded at the doctor.

"Well, Mr Boyfriend. She's lucky to have you. You saved her life." She smiled at the two of us before grabbing her clip board and leaving.

"Boyfriend huh?" I raised an eye brow with a smile and winked at her.

She smiled and nodded.

"So that's a thing now? I mean you've always been mine but we're labeling it now?" I squeezed her hand giving her a playful smile.

"I want to be yours." She whispered.

"You are baby. You are." I leaned in kissing her softly.

"I'll stay the night with you. I don't care. i'll sleep in the chair if i have to but i'm not leaving you again. Not after that bullshit."

"Fine. Only if you have someone stick up your gash. What's that from anyways. What happened while I was gone?" She questioned.

"Eren, Armin, Reiner, Connie and Mike helped me take out his guys. They dealt with the ones down stairs and gave me a head start to you. Tybur disappeared. I killed the three that were left attacking you and kept you awake until the ambulance came. This must just be from a gun or something. They were shooting at me. The bullet probably just grazed my shoulder."

I watched her expression grow into a scowl. It was adorable.

"You can't yell at me right now. I needed to get to you. I was careful and swift don't worry. I'm okay and you're okay baby. We're okay." I reassured her giving her hand another squeeze.

A nurse soon brought her some medicine and blankets that I could sleep under on the chair. She sutured my wound after some more convincing from Y/n.

They put her neck brace back on soon before her medicine knocked her out. Tomorrow, my birthday will only be in one day.

I just wanted to hold her. It felt like she was the only thing on my mind anymore. And I was okay with that.