Sobered Up

LEVI

The light took over my eyes and I felt my nose scrunch up trying to cover my pupils from the brightness that invaded the room. My consciousness finally ascending, and my eyes felt heavy and strained even as I tried to force them back shut. The curtains swaying in the drift of the air conditioner only made the invasion more possible.

I cursed under my breath.

My head. Fuck. It throbbed. And my body ached. My eyes would barely open to see the angel sleeping next to me that my heart just yearned for. My lids felt like the world's heaviest car was just sitting on them, and my ears rung. Holy fuck I hadn't had a hangover this bad in so long.

I rolled over being careful not to disturb Y/n, who was still fast asleep on the pillow next to me. She was curled up into a ball. Her beautiful back towards me and her long hair sprawled out on the pillow. I ran my fingers down the small of her spine noticing a scar that I hadn't before. It was jagged and rough around the edges but it fit her, sadly.

My immediate thought was Grisha. And a flood of relief came rushing to me the minute I remembered he was in jail, but that doesn't mean we're off the hook yet. I don't want Y/n being careless again.

My brain felt like it was melting through my nose the more I thought about things. I needed some water. I quietly and as stably as I could rolled myself out of bed. The bathroom sink quickly found me. A mess of clothes and shoes were carelessly thrown on the floor. I was careful not to trip over the heaps as I made for the bathroom.

Cold water soaked my face and sent chills running down my spine. It was refreshing. I had small memories of the night before. Y/n was the only thing I could think of. The only thing that stayed despite the liquor amnesia.

I thought about the way her perky tits fit so perfectly in my palms as she rode me. I thought about the sounds she made and the smashing and clapping of our bodies. I thought about her perfect red lips around my shaft, and the feelings she gave me. I thought about the way her moans changed as she came. I stood looking at myself in the mirror, the bulge that had formed in my underwear grazed the counter as I straightened out.

Lewd. She was fast asleep, and all you can think about is fucking her. Touching her. Tasting her. How out of control you are around her.

Cold water hit my face again, and the man in the mirror disappeared as I leaned back into the faucet. I had other things to think about. Like why Tybur got Grisha arrested. Why he helped us...? If that had anything to do with us in the first place, and knowing me it did.

I rinsed my face before straightening only to find a small figure peering at me from behind in the mirror.

"Why is the water being so loud levi?" She looked like one of those little children that carried a teddy bear around for comfort. She rubbed her eye and scratched the back of her leg with her toe. My t-shirt still loosely draped over her shoulders.

"It's just the alcohol's affect on your brain, love. Everything's louder." I whispered holding my pointer finger to my mouth in a 'shushing' tone. I gently wiped my face with a towel before greeting her in the door way of the restroom.

"How are you feeling?" She questioned taking my injured hand and inspecting it through strained squinted eyes. Eyes like mine.

"Fine. You should splash your face with some cold water. It helps with the tension." I removed my arm from her grasp, gently grabbing her head and letting my thumbs rest on her temples. I massaged them in the slightest way possible before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

She looked like she could melt. I mean she practically was the minute my hands landed on her head.

~
The rest of the day went on slowly. We leave the hotel tomorrow morning so that gives us another night alone here before returning to the office. Unfortunately I have a meeting tonight to discuss what happened with Grisha, but I instructed Y/n to stay in. I think the hangover had gotten to her worse.

Y/n was fast asleep in the bed of my suite. She only went over to her suite for clothes and eventually I just made her bring her shit into mine.

I stood in the mirror watching myself get ready. Our conversation from the night before rang in my head.
_
'"I'm not a toy Levi."

"You're not a toy to me Y/n."

"Then figure out what you want."

"I want you Y/n. For fucks sake it's always been you."

"I'm not playing any more games Levi."

"Then be mine."

"Levi, you don't mean that. You try to hate me, to stay away."

"We both know that doesn't happen either way, we both know this can never go back to normal so I'm done trying to stick to morals."

"You're drunk."

"I'm not drunk, but fine. If that's what you think then I'll ask you when i'm not but that doesn't change the way I feel."

"Okay."

"I love you Y/n."

"Levi, I love you too."'
-
I watched the sleeping figure in the reflection of the mirror, buttoning the cuffs of my sleeves. I would give anything to just fucking stay here with her. To lay in the uncomfortable hotel bed with pillows that are way too fluffy in this unperfected world, and cling to her soft unconscious body. I would give anything to just hold her and feel her soft breaths and touch her skin as her chest rose and fell in my arms. To protect her and hold her so close to my heart that she could feel it beating too. So close that our hearts beat together and matched rhythms. Sadly, that is not reality. And we don't always get what we want.

I pulled my eyes off of her glancing over my reflection once more. I still can't help but think of her.

In a shitty broken down world, a world that had tried to tear her apart, she was the most perfect thing in it. The most perfect thing to exist.