pt.1

WARNING:
This story will contain some rather dark and mature subject matter that may not be suitable for all readers so please be advised before reading on that this story does include descriptive and graphic acts of violence, explict sex between women, explicit language, alcohol use, as well as a brief reference to a rape that happens "off screen" but is not described.

So if you find any of the above subject matter too offensive and don't wish to read about such things then this particular story may not be for you. And to those of you who do choose to read on, thank you and I hope you enjoy the story.

___________________________________________________

NOTES:
This is my first attempt at doing a Conqueror Story. While I typically don't read too many of them, they're just not usually my style as I prefer to read about Xena in all of her heroic glory. (Yes, I know her evil past is an integral part of her overall character.) That being said, I have read a few that I liked quite a bit.

Anyway, this is my go at a Conqueror Story, hope you like it.

___________________________________________________

TAG LINE:
Because Love Conquers All
___________________________________________________

Hooves trampled the earth at a steady pace as a number of riders on horseback moved across the remnants of the still smoldering battlefield. The smell of smoke and death hung in the air. They passed by the many bodies that littered the ground around them, both enemy and ally. Not too far separated from the bulk of the group was a lone rider at the lead. The ride was uncomfortably silent for some time before one of the men riding gave another riding beside him a look before signaling ahead with his eyes. The other man sighed as he looked behind him for a moment to see a lot of dejected and hollow faces. Shaking his head, the man then returned his attention forward. He let out another sigh before straightening the slightly slouched posture he'd been riding with, and with a quick nudge with his boots to the sides of his horse, the stallion picked up a little speed as the man caught up to the horse at the head of the group.

?
Um, if I may my...

The man received an ice-cold glare at his approach. The look itself was nearly enough for him to fall right back with the others, as he stopped speaking mid-sentence for the momentary debate of whether or not to continue. But in the end the decision was made to remain beside the imposing figure of whom he could practically feel the rage radiating from as he silently questioned his own sanity before clearing his throat and masking his extreme nervousness before continuing to speak.

?
If I may, my lord, a number of the men were wondering if it would be possible for us to make a stop to rest soon. It has been a long few days. Everyone's tired, and we have multiple wounded who can't travel for such distances without aggravating their injuries further, so we were thinking that it might be better if...

The man stopped speaking and brought his horse to an abrupt halt as he quickly found a long blade pressed up against his throat. He tilted his head back slightly in an attempt to relieve the pressure, though it wasn't much help as he swallowed nervously and with just his eyes looked at the person beside him who held the blade.

?
(Irritated tone) It would be better for you, Leonidas if you shut up.

The man remained still as he felt the blade press a little closer into his neck but stopping before placing enough pressure to draw blood.