Chapter 11

Max's POV

Once we all finish eating, Chanhee glances at us and then to the plates. Sunwoo is the first to get to his feet and start collecting plates. Haknyeon follows quickly before Chloe and I join. As we collect their plates, I look at all their faces, the dark gazes, the blank features. I sigh as I hold Younghoon's plate.

"I-I wanna know something." I suddenly call. I felt my heart beating quickly as all eyes turn to me. Sunwoo's gaze being the main one, as if to be quiet.

"Why.." I begin.

"Max-" Sunwoo warns, cutting me off.

"Why are you all so mean? Like is it the power gone to your heads?" I question, cutting Sunwoo off. Sunwoo the grabs my wrist, pulling me next to him.

"Sorry, kid is curious, ignore her please." He said, squeezing my wrist as if to be quiet.

Sunwoo drags me into the kitchen, placing the plates on the counter as Haknyeon and Chloe come in with their plates too. He runs a hand through his hair and sighs.

"What the fuck was that Max! I promised to keep my mouth shut, when do you think you can say something like that!" He exclaims.

"She was asking a question." Haknyeon said, defending me.

"And if you gave us a moment, you would have had an answer." A deep voice calls. We look over to see Younghoon walking in.

"The answer to your question, sweetheart, is we're alphas, top of the chain. Your at the bottom, its just how it works, but, you respect us, we'll respect you." He continues.

"Sorry, she's just curious." Chloe said, bowing her head.

"I can forgive you, but you need to know your place sweetheart. You don't just speak whenever you want too." Younghoon said, looking at me.

"Now come with me, I have something for you." He continues.

"What the fuck no wa-" Sunwoo growls, but I grab his wrist gently.

"I'll be fine sun, they've already promised not to hurt us." I whisper in his ear.

I follow Younghoon out the kitchen and to the alphas house. I stand quietly, looking down at the floor.

"Sit." He orders. I go over to the sofa quickly sitting down, fiddling with my fingers.

"I need some more answers darling~" He said, his voice deep.

"O-Okay...what for?" I call quietly.

"I'm asking the questions, baby, your answering them." He said with a laugh.

I look up at him, his eyes turn a bright red, I suddenly feel myself shaking, my heart beating fast.

"Why are your little friends so protective over you?" He asks.

"I-I'm...the weakest." I admit.

"But your not the youngest, Chloe is." He points out, making me confused.

"I didn't know the youngest had to be the weakest." I said, making him chuckle.

"Its usually how it works, but you kids are different, your special." He said deeply.

I watch as he takes my hand, turning it over palm face up. He runs his fingers over my veins, making my breathing quicken, I suddenly feel sick.

"P-Please... stop." I beg.

He ignores my words, placing his fingers over my pulse, feeling it beat quickly.

"Strong pulse, but I can tell why your protected so much.... Especially if Chloe is the same, you can go back to your little friends, but I warn you of my plan, you'll see a new side of your friends very soon, I'm sure you'll like it though~" He said.

He lets me go and gives me a small smile.

"Your free to go back to your little friends sweetheart~"

I nod and rush back to the other house. The betas look at me, but I ignore their gazes as I rush upstairs to my friends, hoping all this madness will make sense soon.