Chapter 16

Sunwoo's POV

As we made it back to the house, my eyes went straight to Juyeon, the male was sat with the other alphas on the sofa, the betas standing around, but for some reason I couldn't take my eyes off him. I shake my head as I hear Sangyeon speaking.

"I'm going to be nice here and let you ask any questions you want, but when I say enough, I mean it." He said, making us all nod.

"Why did you make us chase the girls?" I ask.

"To test you, see how strong you was." He answers.

"We didn't hurt them." Haknyeon mentions.

"We knew you wouldn't." Juyeon spoke, he glances at me, but I look away quickly.

"Why do it then?" Max asks quietly.

"As we said, to see how strong you was, its that simple. We don't want to hurt any of you, we're here to keep you safe from dangerous people." Jacob answers.

"Who? Who are these dangerous people your trying to keep us from?" Chloe questions.

"Vampires, witches, mermaids, the usual." Eric mumbles.

"Mermaids?" Haknyeon calls.

"This isn't a fucking Disney movie, kid. Mermaids don't sing and dance with a lobster." Changmin fires back.

"He's a crab." Max corrects. I bite my lip to hide the laugh and smile at Changmin's shocked face.

"Why would they want us?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Not you or Hak, they'd kill you both instantly, they want the girls' blood." Sangyeon answers.

"Oh good to know we're not worth anything." Haknyeon mumbles.

"Actually your both very important, especially when it comes to the girls." Jacob mentions.

"How so?" I ask.

"Cause they are our friends." Max said, making the room go quiet at her very innocent comment.

"How the fuck are you a werewolf and not a fairy?" Changmin calls.

Max laughs and growls loudly, showing her claws and fangs, jumping at the male who moves back.

"Cause I got bite, bitch." She responds.

"Huh, your growing on me pup." Chanhee mumbles.

"Max." I said, making her calm down and come stand back.

"That's what we're talking about." Juyeon said, pointing at us.

"What?" Chloe calls, confused.

"Sunwoo and Haknyeon aren't only your friends, but they are your protectors. Every werewolf has a mate, someone they connect to. Jacob has Kevin, Changmin has Chanhee." Younghoon begins.

"Yes we know, an alpha has a beta, but that's a mate, not a friendship." I respond.

"Yes and you might not accept it now, but everyone apart from Eric has a mate in this very room." Changmin said with a smirk. As he said that my eyes travel to Juyeon, who was looking at me.

"Wh-Why hasn't Eric got one?" I cough.

"I'm still a fairly new alpha, new werewolf still really, so guess I don't have one yet." He responds with a shrug.

"Wait? You said everyone in this very room has a mate." Haknyeon mentions.

"That's what I said, yes." Changmin said with a nod.

"So...there's not enough alphas." He points out.

"Who said your mate had to be an alpha?" Hyunjae questions with a smirk, I see Hak's cheeks turning red as he looks down.

"That's enough for now, you go rest in your room, we'll see you at lunch." Sangyeon then orders.

We head to our bedroom and I sit on my bed holding my head, why was Juyeon looking at me like that? Is he my mate?