Chapter 17

Haknyeon's POV

The last few days have passed. Things have settled down with everyone, the alphas have been a bit more lenient on us, but are still strict with some rules. I've also noticed that the alphas head out late at night, every night. I haven't said anything to anyone, wondering what is going on.

Right now I was in the kitchen, grabbing a drink when I heard footsteps behind me. I turn around and see Hyunjae walking in, a small smirk on his face.

"Hi pup~" He coos, but I ignore him, turning away.

"Aww, pup got no words today~" He teases.

"Not in a chatty mood." I mumble.

"What your little friends too busy for you?" He scoffs.

"Shut up." I spit.

"Say that to my face, runt."

I turn around only to see Hyunjae right in front of me, his slightly taller frame towering over me. I look into his brown eyes, feeling my heartbeat quicken. I go to take a step back, but realise I'm already against the counter. My gaze falls from his eyes to his lips.

"You know your kinda cute." He suddenly said

"W-What?" I call, looking into his eyes again.

"Your kinda cute. I like the sass." He responds.

We both fall quiet and I feel myself leaning in, Hyunjae does the same and before we know it, our lips attach in a electric kiss. I close my eyes, his hands rest on my cheeks as he deepens the kiss. His tongue runs along my bottom lip, I open my mouth to give him access. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

When we pull away, both of us are breathing a bit heavier and our cheeks red. I bite my lip and look down, smiling to myself.

"So, um." I begin, making him chuckle.

"Your mine, little pup~" He chuckles. I look up and see he's smirking again.

Hyunjae flashes his eyes, a bright yellow, it makes me flash my blue ones in response. I could feel all of his emotions.

"I may not be an alpha, but I'll give you everything you want~" He whispers before kissing my cheek and leaving.

I let out a breath and relax. We haven't been here that long but I think I've already found my mate.