Chapter 21

Chloe's POV

The last couple of weeks have gone by quickly. Things have been pretty good, Sangyeon and I have gotten closer, along with Hyunjae and Haknyeon, Juyeon and Sunwoo, and Younghoon and Max. We've gotten closer to the others, chatting and forming a good friendship. They have also allowed us to go out of the house now. I was just about to leave to the store to get a few bits.

"Can I come?" I hear Max ask, making me laugh.

"Sure, girls shopping trip~" I reply, making her smile.

I grab my jacket as we head for the door and shout.

"Max and I are off to the store!"

"Remember don't talk to anyone who smells bad!" Jacob shouts to us.

"Then we won't talk to any of you!" Max responds.

I laugh as we leave the house, hearing them mumble. I pull my jacket closer as we walk down the long woodland path. As we get further away from the house, I get a bad gut feeling.

"What's wrong?" Max asks, sensing my feeling.

"Something doesn't feel right." I said.

I stood still as I heard a gust of wind behind us. I feel my claws grow as I pull Max closer.

"Chloe..." She calls.

"Who's out there!" I growl.

I hear a few deep chuckles and a gust of wind blows past again, suddenly five guys are standing around us.

"Hello pups~"

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Dead." Max mumbles.

I listen and realise none of them have heartbeats.

"Kid's right. We're dead, but our scene of smell still works and your blood smells amazing~"

"Vampires." I mutter.

"That's right. So, we going to do this the hard way, or easy way? Either is fun for us."

I glance at Max, who's looking at me. I squeeze her hand and give her a small nod. We both run through the gap of the group.

"Hard way it is." I hear one mumble.

I continue running, glancing at Max to make sure she's still next to me. I can hear the vampires rushing around us and every time one appears in front of me, I quickly dash around it. I only stop when I see Max gone.

"Max!"

I see I'm in the middle of the woods, glancing around, I could hear the vampires and Max's growls. One of them then appears in front of me, making me stumble backwards.

"Night omega pup~"

He blows something in my face, making me cough and feel dizzy. I feel my eyes drooping before completely passing out.