20 || Lao K's Parents

Lu Lihua

On the flight back, K fell asleep on Lihua's shoulder, She was playing with his hair.

"I'm so lucky to have you." Lihua whispered, smiling at the boy.

On the bus ride back, Lihua had her headphones in, blasting her playlist.

"Alright, were back." Rui announced, everyone grabbed their stuff heading off the bus.

Unusally, Two adults were at the base, Lihua didn't recongnize them nor did Rui or Ming apparently.

"Hello, Who are you looking for?" Rui asked with a smile.

"We're looking for him!" The man pointed, Lihua looked next to her to see..K?

K stopped as soon as he saw who they were.

"Bastard."

"Get your ass over here."

"Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"How dare you not answer my call!"

"I've called you so many times."

"Where are you going?"

"You dare run away?"

The adults started screaming at K who sped walked away.

Lihua saw the man take off his shoe, that's when she knew it was real.

"K!" Lihua ran after him, when he stopped after a few minutes.

"K..who are they?" Lihua asked, grabbing his hand.

He didn't say anything, instead stared at her and hugged her tight, a few tears left his eyes.

"I can't go back." K said.

"I won't let them do anything to you, I promise." Lihua leaned in to kiss him.

She turned it passionate, she loved him so much that she wouldn't let a fly hurt him.

"Let's see what they want so they'll leave faster." Lihua said, K nodded and followed her.

When they got inside the base, they could hear K's parents.

Lihua didn't know this but on the way back K told her they were his parents.

The two of them made their way upstairs to the meeting lounge.

"Stop it." K placed his savings card in front of them.

"These are my savings since I started playing professionally."

"In addition to the money I give you every month and my daily expenses, the rest is all here. You can take it all."

"Do whatever you want. Build him a house, Pay a bride price, go gambling, waste it all. There is no need to make up so many reasons." K told them.

"Dad, Mom. I really thank you for raising me. But I ask you not to come to the base anymore. Don't bother me and my teammates here again." His voice became angrier.

"You brat. What are you doing?" His mother stood up.

Before K could walk away, Rui stood up.

"Please book tickets for their trip home. Deduct the money from next month's salary." K said.

K took Lihua's hand, walking away but once more, his parents talked again.

"Who is she? Why are you holding her hand?" His mother asked.

"Oh..my apologies for not introducing myself, I'm Lu Lihua, the only daughter of the Lu group and..your son's girlfriend." Lihua looked her straight in the eyes.

"So you can get a girlfriend but not talk to your family?" His father stood up.

"Yes he can. You don't even treat him like a son, you use him like a cashcow for money!" Lihua yelled.

"Young lady! How dare you talk to us like that." The mother stepped closer.

"Lihua, it's okay, let's go." K took her back downstairs.