Chapter #1

Hey everybody, welcome to book five. We will be starting on where we left off in the last book. Anygays let’s get into it.

Chapter #1
Jan 26st 2023
Kelly’s POV
Whenever I book a session with Sarah I always book it so I am an hour early because I love watching Sam and Sarah goofing around. Right now Sam is hiding behind Scarlett Liz and I are just holding back our laughter at how funny Sam looks hiding behind Scarlett. I think I will save Sam and ask Sarah if we can start the session. “Sarah, why don’t we go and start the session?” I say. “Yeah of course. I’m sorry for being so unprofessional chasing my Ma around.” She says. “Oh no worries, I thought it was quite funny.” I tell her. “Ok let’s go then.” Sarah says in a more professional tone and we head down to the studio.

Sam’s POV
“Our daughter can be terrifying.” I say to Scarlett who I am still standing behind. “Yeah but I think she was messing with you most of the time.” Scarlett says. “Yeah I agree with Scar. Sarah was clearly messing with you.” Liz says. “I taught her well.” I smile as I wrap my arms around Scarlett. “Liz, what are you doing here? I thought you had the kids?” I ask. “I just came for some coffee but I stayed for the show too. But I should be heading back.” She says rinsing out her cup and then leaves. “I can’t drink this, it's nasty.” Scarlett says pouring out the decaf coffee she made. “Then why did you make it?” I ask. “Because I wanted the illusion of drinking coffee.” She says turning around in my arms. Then the front door opens and slams shut. And we hear Jr’s voice. “Parker, you broke up with me! And I’m glad it’s over because now I realize just how trapped I was.” He says. “Shit that doesn’t sound like a good conversation.” Scarlett says. “No you don’t want a relationship you want someone you can manipulate and control. That’s not going to be me!” He yells before hanging up the phone and sitting on the couch and Scarlett and I immediately go to him. “Has she been harassing you? Do I need to get my lawyers involved?” Scarlett asks, taking hold of his hand. “No, don't get your lawyers involved, not yet at least.” He says. “I’m just ugh! She broke up with me. I believed her when she said she loved me. I didn’t realize just how trapped I was till she did. What hurts the most is I loved her and part of me still does.” He rants, putting his head against Scarlett’s shoulder. Then his eyes look over to the piano we have in the living room. “Ma can you press record when I tell you to?” He asks, pulling up the recording app on his phone. “Yeah no problem.” I tell him. “Thank you. Maybe when I release this song she’ll get the message that we are done. This is Perfect Doesn’t Last.” He says as he goes to the piano. “Ok hit record Ma.” He tells me and I do.
“I would have bet on us”
“We were untouchable, you and I”
“I couldn't get enough”
“It was a fairytale come to life”
“I had your heart”
“At least that's what I thought”
“Now I'm second-guessing”
“Every moment”
“Wondering where we went so wrong”
“I just keep asking”
“Would this have been worth it”
“If I knew the ending all along”
“What started so perfect”
“Was over too fast”
“I should have seen the warning signs”
“'Cause perfect doesn't last”
“You got inside my head”
“Taking up every inch of space”
“'Til there was no room left”
“So many parts of me erased”
“You had my heart”
“And tossed it in the dirt”
“Now I'm second-guessing”
“Every moment”
“Wondering where we went so wrong”
“I just keep asking”
“Would this have been worth it”
“If I knew the ending all along”
“What started so perfect”
“Was over too fast”
“I should have seen the warning signs”
“'Cause perfect doesn't last”
“Perfect doesn't last”
“With my rose-colored glasses on”
“I never saw it coming”
“Maybe it's good you're gone”
“But it still leaves me wanting you”
“To finally just tell me the truth”
“'Cause I'm second-guessing”
“Every moment”
“Wondering where we went so wrong”
“I just keep asking”
“Would this have been worth it”
“If I knew the ending all along”
“What started so perfect”
“Was over too fast”
“I should have seen the warning signs”
“'Cause perfect doesn't last”
“I would have bet on us”
“We were untouchable, you and I”

Tears run down both Scarlett and I’s face as he sings with such emotion. When he sings about second guessing every moment and that he should have seen the warning signs my heart breaks even more for him. I hit the stop button on the recording and ran up to hug him. “It’s not your fault. She truly made you think what you two had was untouchable. That is a beautiful song, son.” I tell him without letting go. Scarlett comes up to us and joins the hug. “I’m so sorry you are hurting like this sweetie. If I could take it all away I would.” She tells him before placing a kiss on his head and sitting on the piano bench with him. “Thank you guys and I know you would, Mom.” He says. “How about I post a meme to lighten the mood?” He says making Scarlett and I chuckle. “You are my son, that's for sure.” I say.

“Of course she is”[NickyRyeland: Gotta love Natasha][MelanieSloan: Scarlett doesn’t smoke][SamMilyJr: No but Natasha is that cool cousin][ScarlettJohasson: Fuck yeah she is][MelanieSloan: Scarlett Ingrid watch your language][ScarlettJohasson: Sorr...

“Of course she is”
[NickyRyeland: Gotta love Natasha]
[MelanieSloan: Scarlett doesn’t smoke]
[SamMilyJr: No but Natasha is that cool cousin]
[ScarlettJohasson: Fuck yeah she is]
[MelanieSloan: Scarlett Ingrid watch your language]
[ScarlettJohasson: Sorry Mom]
[ElizabethOlsen: Ooooo Scarlett’s in trouble]

“My Mom is on the other side of the country and I am still being scolded for my language.” Scarlett says with a chuckle. “She’ll always be your mom no matter where you go or how old you get.” Jr says. “And we will always be yours.” Scarlett tells him. “I know. Thanks for letting me move in.” He says even though he has apologized over and over again. “The bitch hurt you. You needed us so here we are.” Scarlett says. “You won’t even say her name will you?” He asks. “I did it is ‘the bitch’. The full name is ‘the bitch that hurt my baby boy’.” Scarlett says, completely serious. “Mama bear alert.” He chuckles. “For you and your siblings I’ll make a whole new definition of mama bear.” She says. “I’m going to go take a nap. Thank you for listening to me rant.” He says. “We are always here for you.” I tell him and pull him in for another hug when he stands up. “I hope you get a restful nap. We’ll see you later.” Scarlett says and he heads to his room and when we hear his door close Scarlett speaks up. “I hate that he’s hurting but I’m glad he knew he could come here.” She says. “I agree I hate that she hurt him to the point he can’t even step foot into that apartment. But I am glad he knows he can always come home to us.” I say to her as she comes over to me and I wrap my arms around her.

A/N
Don’t mess with Mama bear. Perfect Doesn’t Last is by Beth Crowley. Anygays see you in the next one.