Chapter #11

Chapter #11
Feb 22nd 2023
Scarlett’s POV
Sam, Sarah, Nicky, and I are in the RV on our way to Kansas City. Jr decided that he wasn’t in the best place mentally to go to a funeral and we told him that’s perfectly fine. Sam told him to put his health first because that’s what her Grandmother would want. “Hey Bunny, what are you doing?” Nicky asks. “Meme to make me feel better.” She says as Sam pulls into a gas station.

“Fuck yeah they did!!!!!”[ScarlettJohansson: Aww my daughter is so sweet][SarahJohansson: I know][SamMilyJr: Way to take a complement sis][SamMily: That’s a good meme I like it][NickyRyeland: My wife is very good at memes]

[ScarlettJohansson: Aww my daughter is so sweet]
[SarahJohansson: I know]
[SamMilyJr: Way to take a complement sis]
[SamMily: That’s a good meme I like it]
[NickyRyeland: My wife is very good at memes]

“Aww thank you Honey Bun.” Sarah says leaning further into Nicky. “Hey Sarg why don’t I drive and you finish your poem.” Nicky says. I didn’t know she knew how to drive the RV. “Do you know how to drive an RV?” Sarah asks. “Oh Sarg would let me sit on her lap and drive the Humvee every once and a while.” Nicky says exposing Sam. “Sam, you let a five year old drive a humvee?” I ask with a playful glare. “I mostly drove, she just was on my lap and it was only on base.” Sam defends. Sam gives up the driver's seat and lets Nicky take over. "So Sam what are you working on?" I ask. "A ballad about PTSD." She says. "It’s almost done. Do you want to hear it when I am done?" She says. "Of course I do." I tell her and she nods and goes back to work on her ballad. After about ten minutes of Sam mumbling to herself she speaks up. “It’s done.” She says. “Let’s hear it Sarg.” Nicky says not taking her eyes off the road.
“In darkness deep, where shadows weep,”
“A soldier's heart, in torment, keeps.”
“Haunted by ghosts that cannot sleep,”
“Torn between dreams and memories.”

“A battlefield, where chaos reigned,”
“Innocence lost, a life unchained.”
“Every step, her soul was stained,”
“By bloodshed's call, in agony.”

“Her love, a star in skies above,”
“Soft voice, warm touch, her heart did love.”
“With gentle words, she did remove”
“Her fears and pain, with empathy.”

“But in the night, the demons rise,”
“Their haunting cries, like anguished sighs.”
“They tear apart the veiled disguise,”
“Of healing wounds, so bitterly.”

“Through valleys vast, she traveled fast,”
“Perils she faced, memories amassed.”
“Yet in her heart, her love held fast,”
“A beacon, guiding faithfully.”

“Across the seas, she sailed to find,”
“A distant land, so far behind,”
“To seek solace, her troubled mind,”
“In lands unknown, her destiny.”

“With each new place, a different face,”
“Their stories told, filled empty space.”
“A tapestry of life's embrace,”
“A healing balm, she longed to see.”

“And on those nights, where darkness looms,”
“Through sleepless hours, her heart still blooms.”
“She hears her voice, calling, resumes,”
“The fight he battles, relentlessly.”

“She seeks a way, to find release,”
“To mend the ties, her heart's own peace.”
“A love that never will decrease,”
“Forever bound, their destiny.”

“And as she wanders, far and wide,”
“She finds the strength, deep down inside.”
“To face her demons, truths she'll confide,”
“And conquer pain, triumphantly.”

“For in her heart, a love so true,”
“A light that shines, no shadows grew.”
“The path ahead, she'll follow through,”
“To find the peace, she longs to be.”

“And every time she finds her way,”
“Through darkened nights and stormy days,”
“She'll hold her love, a guiding ray,”
“And find her peace, eternally.”

“Wow Sam, that is amazing.” I tell her. “Thanks I had some help from an app called Poemify to make it.” She says. “Still beautiful.” Nicky says a little choked up. “Thanks. I think I’ll pull out my keyboard and put some music to it.” Sam says standing up and heading to the back bedroom where she keeps her equipment. She doesn’t close the door so we hear her tinkering around with the keyboard. “I’m glad you got this RV Mom.” Sarah says out of nowhere. “I got it over a year ago. Why are you saying this now?” I ask. “Because this is the first time I’ve been in it for a road trip.” She says. “Ah that makes sense. I know I went a little over the top getting a double decker RV when it’s normally just your Ma who uses it.” I say. “You have eight kids with the ninth on the way and a daughter in law. I don’t think you went over the top, I think you went with practicality.” She says. “Fair point.” I say. “Bently stop it. I am trying to work here.” We hear Sam say from the bedroom. “Bently here boy come here.” I call and he comes bounding out of the room and jumps next to me on the couch and puts his head on my lap. “Good boy.” I say in a baby voice as I scratch behind his ears something he loves. “Oh I wrote some other poems also with the help of the app Poemify if you want to take a look. My notebook is on the table.” Sam says. “Ok I’ll read one I am a little curious about what youwrote.” I say. “Go for it, I'll be in here for a while.” She says poking her head out of the room before going back in this time closing the door behind her. I get off the couch much to Bently’s dismay and grab the notebook and go back to my spot on the couch and Bently has his head back on my lap in an instant. “Oh this one is in the form of a sonnet.” I say. “Well are you going to read it to us?” Nicky asks. “Sure, it’s called Grief.” I say and clear my throat before reading the sonnet.
“In shadows deep, I wander through my grief,”
“Where sorrow’s shroud envelops every pore,”
“The pain, a tempest wailing in relief,”
“A haunting cry that echoes evermore.”

“I try in vain to mend my shattered heart,”
“To gather up the pieces, make them whole,”
“Yet sorrow’s grasp will never loosen, smart,”
“It clings to me and devours every role.”

“The tears that flow, like rivers in the night,”
“Incessant, silent streams of endless pain,”
“They carve a path through darkness, frail and slight,”
“Yet bring no respite, only stark disdain.”

“But still, within the depths of grief, I find,”
“A strength, a glimmer of hope left behind.”

“For even in the darkest hour of woe,”
“When all seems lost and sorrow holds me tight,”
“I feel a warmth that starts to softly glow,”
“A gentle whisper in the endless night.”

“It tells me tales of love and joy once known,”
“Of memories that linger in my soul,”
“It reminds me that although the pain has grown,”
“I still possess a heart that can console.”

“So let me weep, let sorrow have its way,”
“For in the depth of grief, I start to heal,”
“I’ll embrace the tears that stain each passing day,”
“And let them guide me towards what’s truly real.”

“And in the end, though grief may not depart,”
“Love’s light will shine and soothe my wounded heart.”

“Damn.” Is all Sarah says. “That’s deep.” Nicky says. “Then again everything Sarg writes is deep.” She adds. “Nicky, can I ask you a question?” I say. “Yeah of course what is your question?” She says. “Before you married Sarah I was alway ‘Mrs J’ and Sam was ‘Sarg’. But now that you are married yes you still call me ‘Mrs. J’. But you have started to call me ‘Mom’ more which I love. Why don’t you call Sam ‘Ma’?” I ask as I walk up and sit in the passenger's seat. “I don’t know. I do think of Sarg as my Ma but she has been Sarg since I was five. Whenever I had to make a big decision. I would ask myself what would Sarg do? I used to still call her Sargent Milly in the beginning of my relationship with Bunny I mean Sarah. But it’s kinda like how Sarah will call her Bigfoot sometimes and Sarg calls her Gremlin. I call her Sarg and she calls me Squirt.” She explains. “Oh when you put it that way it makes a lot more sense.” I nod. “Yeah besides I call my Mom ‘Ma’ which is why it’s easy for me to call you ‘Mom’ because I have never called my Ma that.” She says. “Ok thank you for clearing it up for me.” I tell her. “Any time Mom.” She emphasizes the word ‘mom’.

A/N
I did write those poems with the help of the Poemify app. Anygays see you in the next one.
.