Chapter #22

Chapter #22
(Small time skip)
March 17, 2023

Sam’s POV
I woke up this morning all excited. It’s St. Patrick’s Day! Scarlett took the day off because she knows that I love spending the day together as a family. I glance over at the alarm clock and see that it’s 8 am. Not too early to wake everybody up. I get up slowly from bed and go into our closet and put on my Kiss Me I’m Irish T-shirt and jeans, I walk over to our jewelry box and put on my claddagh ring and emerge from our closet and quickly jump onto the bed making Scarlett bounce a little. “Top of the mornin to ya!” I say excitedly. “Ugh babe really?” Scarlett replies tiredly. “Yes! It’s St. Patrick’s Day today! And I’m wearing my kiss me I’m Irish shirt,” I tell her, puckering up my lips to her, making her giggle and gives me a kiss. “I’d kiss you regardless if you’re Irish or not,” she replies. “I know but it’s even better that I have this shirt,” I say cheesily. “You’re a dork,” she says, while stretching and sitting up. “But I’m your dork,” I reply. I get up from our bed and head out of our room. “Time to wake the others!” I shout. I walk into Danny’s room first. “Danny boy, Top of the mornin to ya!” I say rather loudly. “Mama? It’s too early,” he says. “No no, it’s 8 am, rise and shine. It’s St. Patrick’s Day! Time to get up and get dressed for today’s festivities!” I exclaim and give him a kiss on the head. I head out of his room and wake the twins, Elizabeth and Kai. I walk into Janina’s room and see that she’s already awake so I quickly whisk her up into my arms and spin her around, making her giggle. I get her dressed in a green shirt and green tutu with leggings and carry her downstairs to the kitchen.

Sam Jr.‘s POV
I think Ma has lost it. She woke up the kids and myself all excitedly because today is St. Patrick’s Day. I mean I get it we’re Irish but she is on a whole other level. I put on jeans and a green shirt and head downstairs and make my way to the basement to wake Sarah and Nicky. I knock on their door and a few moments later Sarah opens the door with her hair all messy. “What do you want Jr.?” She asks sleepily. “I came to wake you up before Ma does all hyperly, it’s St. Patrick’s Day.” I tell her. “Oh yeah it is today, ok Nicky and I will be up shortly,” she says and closes the door. I head upstairs to see Ma dancing in the kitchen with Wyatt and Emma while Mom makes breakfast. “Jr! Come join us!” Ma says. I shake my head chuckling and join in on the dancing. Ma has taught us how to do the Irish Jig. It is kinda fun.

Scarlett’s POV
I have decided to make an Irish Breakfast, not a full one because I know the kids won’t eat black pudding. But I make bacon, sausage, eggs, baked beans, I grab some Irish soda bread and grill some tomatoes. I place everything on the dining table and wipe my hands on my apron. “Ok everybody, breakfast is ready,” I say and everybody comes to the table. “Wow Penguin, you made an Irish breakfast!” Sam exclaims. “Of course I did, it’s not St. Patrick’s Day without Irish breakfast,” I tell her, making her smile. “Thank you Penguin,” she says and gives me a kiss. “Anything for you, my beautiful cinnamon roll. We sit at the table and eat breakfast and discuss what the festivities will be today.

Sam’s POV
“We will be heading downtown for the parade that starts at noon, but we need to be there at 10 to get good parking and a good spot to see the parade.” I tell the kids. “We will have a buddy system, I want Sarah and Nicky with Danny and Elizabeth, Jr. you will be with the twins and Mom and I will have Janina and Kai. We will be together for most of the time but if you want to get food or go on rides I want you with your buddy at all times. Got it?” I ask. “Yes,” they all reply. “Great! Let’s wash up and head to the car.” I say and we all disperse to get ready. Today is going to be a great day!

A/N: hey everybody Chris here. Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I will continue on with the festivities in the next chapter