Chapter #62

Chapter #62 
May 12th 2023
Scarlett’s POV
“I’d like to hold my cousin later when my head isn’t trying to murder me,” Jr says. “Oh boo come here.” Dua says and he goes and cuddles with her on the sofa. I love the way she treats him compared to his ex. “Hey, how about a big family dinner?” I ask. “Only if Sam’s not cooking I’m in.” Benji says and Sam feigns hurt. “Rude, give me my son back.” Sam says going to stand up but I pull her back down. “Babe you know you can’t cook. You lit yourself on fire once.” I tell her. “That’s true I guess I can forgive Benny.” She says with a dramatic sigh.

Jr’s POV
“Wyatt, you want to help?” Mom asks knowing how much he loves to cook with her. He nods happily and follows Mom into the kitchen and I hear Ma’s music start to play in the kitchen, the child appropriate ones of course. We sit and talk just about random things all trying to be child friendly since the kids are all here. “Oh my god I love this song.” Christian says as the song Mom wrote for me comes on. We all sit in silence as Mom sings her heart out and like I always do I tear up as she sings
“He ain't got my smile, that don't bother me a bit”
“He's got somebody else's eyes I'm seein' myself in”
“I'm holdin' onto every moment, God knows I've missed a few”
“The day we met, I knew I had some catchin' up to do”
“He ain't my blood, ain't got my name”
“But if he did, I'd feel the same”
“I wasn't there for his first steps”
“But I ain't missed a ball game yet”
“And that ain't ever gonna change”
“I could never walk away”
“Yeah, he's my son and that's my choice”
“He ain't my blood, but he's my, he's my boy”
“It hit me like a train, the first time he called me mom”
“In a three stick figure crayon picture with all of us holdin' hands”
“His mama said, "I understand if it's too soon for this"
“I didn't let her finish, I took it to the kitchen and I stuck it on the fridge, yeah”
“He ain't my blood, ain't got my name”
“But if he did, I'd feel the same”
“I wasn't there for his first steps”
“But I ain't missed a ball game yet”
“And that ain't ever gonna change”
“I could never walk away”
“Yeah, he's my son and that's my choice”
“He ain't my blood, but he's my, he's my boy”
“He's Saturday morning cartoons”
“He's, "Hey, can I sleep in your room?"
“He's bigger than the plans I had”
“He's makin' me a better woman”
“He ain't my blood, ain't got my name”
“But if he did, I'd feel the same”
“I wasn't there for his first steps”
“But I ain't missed a ball game yet”
“And that ain't ever gonna change”
“I could never walk away”
“Yeah, he's my son and that's my choice”
“He ain't my blood, but he's my, he's my boy”
“Yeah, he's my, he's my boy”

“I knew your mom wrote you a song but I never heard it.” Dua says. “She surprised me with it. Ma didn’t even know she was writing it.” I tell her. “She loves you so much.” Dua says. “Mommy are you okay?” We hear Wyatt ask. “Yeah sweetie that song just means a lot to me. I hope it means something to your big brother Samuel.” Mom is clearly emotional. “I don’t think she knows we can hear them.” Dua says. “I think you are right. I’m going to give my Mom a hug.” I emphasize the word mom. “Who’s Samuel?” Wyatt asks innocently. “That’s my full name.” I say catching their attention. “That’s just like Mama’s name." He says with a smile. "Exactly. That's why you guys call me Jr." I tell him. "Did you hear Mommy sing? She said it's a song for you." He says. "I did that’s why I came in here. Do you think you could give me and Mom some time alone?” I ask and he nods and goes to join everyone else. “So you guys heard huh?” Mom chuckles. “Yeah.” I say walking to give her a hug that she easily accepts. “Mom, you have no idea how much that song means to me. More than words can express.” I say as we linger in the hug. “I may not have your eyes but some days I think I have your heart and kindness.” I say sincerely. “Ok you are going to make me a sobbing mess if you keep up with that.” Mom says wiping away some tears. “Right, well I’ll let the chef come back to help. I love you Mom” I say. “I love you too my boy.” She says making me smile and I let Wyatt know he can go back to helping Mom before I take my place by Dua. “You guys have a good talk?” Ma asks and I nod. “Good now I have a meme to post.” Ma grins.

“I love my Gremlin”[ScarlettJohansson: That is true][TaylorSwift: 🎶Karma is my boyfriend🎶][SarahJohansson: 🎶Karma is a god🎶][NickyRyeland: 🎶Karma is breeze in my hair on the weekend🎶][ElizabethOlsen: 🎶Karma’s a relaxing though🎶][SamMily: �...

“I love my Gremlin”
[ScarlettJohansson: That is true]
[TaylorSwift: 🎶Karma is my boyfriend🎶]
[SarahJohansson: 🎶Karma is a god🎶]
[NickyRyeland: 🎶Karma is breeze in my hair on the weekend🎶]
[ElizabethOlsen: 🎶Karma’s a relaxing though🎶]
[SamMily: 🎶Aren't you envious that for you it's not?🎶]
[ScarlettJohansson: 🎶Sweet like honey, karma is a cat🎶]
[SarahJohansson: 🎶Purring in my lap 'cause it loves me🎶]
[SamMily: 🎶Flexing like a goddamn acrobat🎶]
[MelanieSloan: 🎶Me and karma vibe like that🎶]
[ScarlettJohansson: MOM’S A SWIFTY!!!!!!]

“I loved that comment section.” I laugh. “I didn’t know Grandma Mel likes Tay Tay’s music.” Sarah says. “Who doesn’t?” Dua asks. “She’s got a point there.” Aunt Tina says. We talk for a little longer before Mom calls out telling us that dinner is ready so we all file into the dining room.

A/N: I couldn’t resist doing the lyrics to Karma in the comment section. My Boy is by Elvie Shane I did have to change a couple words in the song to fit the story. Family dinner is next. Anygays see you in the next one.