Chapter #35

Chapter #35

March 28th 2023

Scarlett's POV

I was discharged two days ago but I stayed for Sam who is getting discharged today. "Ok Sam, so no strenuous activities for a while. And no energy drinks for at least a month." The doctor says. "That's just mean." She pouts. "Sam I can't have sex for at least three weeks anyway." I whisper in her ear. "When can I have sex again doc?" Sam asks because that's the most important apparently. "I'd say in two weeks your heart is surprisingly strong. But after that as long as you aren't uh well um how do I put this without being inappropriate?" The doctor says. "As long as it's not rough?" Sam asks, trying not to laugh at the doctor's flustered state. "Uh yes as long as you take it easy and stay hydrated you should be fine." He says. "Got it thank you." Sam says. "Yeah, here's some paperwork on how to take care of yourself after a heart attack. I believe your son's doctor will be in shortly to talk about his condition." He says and leaves quickly. "Sam, that was mean." I say. "I don't know what you mean." Sam laughs. "That poor man was so flustered." I say. "That's why it was funny." Sam says laughing. "Oh um don't go on Instagram today." Sam says to me. "Why? what did you post?" I ask. "Something dark." She says. "You know when you say I shouldn't look it really makes me want to." I tell her. "Ok but don't be mad." She says.

"Facts"

[LauraMily: Dear god SAM!]

[SarahJohansson: Ma that's fucked up]

[NickyRyeland: Mama Scarlett is going to end you]

[ElizabethOlsen: Only you would post something like this after a heart attack]

[ScarlettJohansson: What the flying fuck]

[SamMily: Correction it's a gay flying grim reaper]

"Sam, that's really bad timing." I scold. "I thought it was great timing." She says. "You have a very twisted sense of humor Baby." I tell her. "But you secretly love it." She says as we start to make our way out of the hospital. "Why my truck?" Sam asks. "Because it's just you and I and I can't ride your bike. I just had a kid. And Jr had to take the kids to Daycare and school. Except Danny refused to go, he said he wanted to be there when we got home." I say. "Ok but I'm driving." She says so I hand her the keys and she opens the passenger's side door for me. "Thank you, my Beautiful Cinnamon Roll." I say giving her a kiss on the cheek. "You're very welcome Penguin." She says and goes to the driver's side. "Real bed here we come." She jokes as she starts the car. "You are a goof." I tell her. "I know." She smiles and holds out her free hand for me to hold which I do. "Lizzie said she would be making lunch so that means real food too." I say. "Oh fuck yes. I miss real food. Hospital food sucks." Sams says with a fake gag.

Sam's POV

We pull into the driveway and I see a welcome home banner on the front porch. At least they were trying to make it a surprise party. "Did you know about this?" I ask Scarlett. "No it must be Sarah and Lizzie's doing." She says. "Welcome home guys." Robbie says, coming to help with our bags to which I thank him. "Thanks for, you know, the CPR." I say to him and he just nods his head. "Are you all better now Mama?" Danny asks when he runs up to me and I kneel down and give him a hug. "Yeah buddy I'm all better now." I tell him. "Will you build legos with me?" He asks with a smile. "I would love that, let's go." I tell him and we make our way into the house and he runs to his room to get what I assume is one of the sets he hasn't started yet. "Good to see you doing better, Sarg." Nicky says but doesn't make eye contact which is unusual for her. "Well I have some homework, college isn't easy." She says before I can ask what's wrong. I made a mental note to check in on her later. "Look Mama, it's a rock band just like you." Danny says holding up the lego set I know who got him that. Benny you sneaky little shit. "Did your Uncle Benny get you that?" I ask and he nods his head excitedly. "Well then let's get started shall we?" I say. "Can we build it in the studio and you can keep it there on your desk?" He asks. "You want me to have it when it's done?" I ask. "Yes, because you are the best music person ever!!" He cheers god I love this kid. "What about me?" Robbie asks. "You are fifth." Danny says without hesitation. "Why fifth?" Robbie asks a little hurt. "I'll show you stay here." He says and runs back up to his room. He comes back down with a piece of paper in his hands. "See I have a list." He says showing us the paper. "Mama is first then Mommy is second and big brother is third and Uncle Benny is fourth and you are fifth, Uncle Robbie." Danny says proudly god damn he wrote out a list. "I may be the last on the list but at least I made the list." Robbie says. "Come on Danny let's go build legos." I say and he grabs the box and we head downstairs.

Scarlett's POV

"Where did Sam and Danny disappear to? And why does your husband look like a kicked puppy?" I ask Lizzie and she hands me a piece of paper. "Oh the list." I say. "You knew about the list?" Liz asks. "Lizzie whose handwriting do you think this is. Danny asked me to help him with it like a year ago." I tell her. "Well that list is why Robbie looks like that. And Danny and Sam are building legos in the studio. It's some set of a rock band that Benji got him and he wants Sam to have it on her desk when it's done." Lizzie says. "How did I luck out with such sweet kids?" I ask. "They have me as their Aunt." Lizzie says with a shit eating grin. "So you are saying that you are a better Aunt than I am as their mother?" I say to mess with her and she goes white. "I was joking I didn't mean it like that you are a great mom." She says and I just burst out laughing. "Oh you are mean." Liz says playfully, slapping my arm when she realizes I am messing with her.

A/N

I love writing Danny. Anygays see you in the next one.