Chapter #19

Chapter #19
Mar 1st 2023
Sam’s POV
I couldn’t sleep well so I decided to head down to the craft room. “Damn I need to clean this place.” I say out loud even though I’m alone. I head over to the corner with the beanbag chair and put in my earbuds so I can listen to music as I knit.

Scarlett’s POV
I wake up to the sun coming through the window and I see that Sam isn’t here. I head down stairs to get my one cup of coffee because if I don’t have my caffeine someone might die. “Morning.” Liz says tiredly from the kitchen island where she is making breakfast. “Have you seen Sam?” I ask. “No. She wasn’t with you?” She asks and I shake my head no. “Huh that’s weird because Sarah was looking for her too.” Liz says. “Oh, are they supposed to record something?” I ask even though the answer is most likely yes. “Yeah apparently Sam wrote a song from the Black Widow’s perspective for the Black Widow movie.” She says and I’m a little surprised since that movie was released in twenty twenty. “Mom have you seen Ma?” Sarah asks out of breath. “No, I woke up alone.” I say with a slight pout. “Why are you out of breath?” I ask her. “Because I have been running around the house looking for her and the house isn’t small.” She says. “Did you check the craft room?” I ask. “Twice but she wasn’t there when I called her name.” She says. “Hold on, let me call her.” I say as I pull out my phone.
“Hey Penguin, what do I owe the pleasure of this call?” Sam answers happily.
“Sam, where are you?” I ask.
“At home, where are you?” She asks, confused.
“I’m in the kitchen and we can’t find you.” I tell her.
“Ok hold on.” I hear her say and I hear some shuffling in the background then the door to the craft room opens and Sam steps out and we both hang up.
“Is something wrong?” She asks walking into the kitchen taking out her earbuds. “You were in there this whole time!!” Sarah says. “Uh yeah why?” Sam says. “I opened the door and called your name two different times.” She says angrily. “I had these in.” Sam says holding up the small earbud case she put them in. “Ugh come on bigfoot we have a song to record.” Sarah says. “Geez you are bossy.” Sam jokes. “I get it from Mom.” Sarah says. “I’m not bossy.” I defend. “Mom, you literally run a business.” Sarah says and I shrug and nod she has a point. “Can I hear this song since it’s meant to be sung from my character's point of view?” I ask and Sarah stares at Liz with daggers. “You told her?” She says. “I didn’t know it was a secret.” Liz says. “Ugh. Yes Mom you can since Aunt Liz told you.” Sarah says and we all head to the studio except Liz because I think she might be scared of Sarah at the moment. “Ok so Scarlett, how much did Liz spoil?” Sam asks. “She just said that it is from Natasha’s point of view in the Black Widow movie.” I say. “Ok that’s basically the gist of it. But this is Running From My Past.” Sam says as she gets ready to sing.
“Trading secrets with my demons”
“Painted black, colors changing with the seasons”
“Swore I'd gather all the pieces”
“Tainted flags, but this purpose I believe in”

“I've made mistakes”
“The only world I know”
“I'm not the same”
“And now I'm coming home”

“Try to change me, made me what you wanted”
“No escaping everything we started”
“Built a life on broken glass, woah”
“Try to break me, but I'm not afraid now”
“All my days just looking for a way out”
“I swore I never would go back”
“But no more running from my past”

“Trained to thrive inside this pressure”
“Stained in red, I can't wash away my ledger”
“Family stripped apart, but fighting hand in hand”
“Until the end we'll stand together”

“I've made mistakes”
“The only world I know”
“Broke through the chains”
“And now I'm coming home”

“Try to change me, made me what you wanted”
“No escaping everything we started”
“Built a life on broken glass, woah”
“Try to break me, but I'm not afraid now”
“All my days just looking for a way out”
“I swore I never would go back”
“But no more running from my past”

“Painted black, colors changing with the seasons”

“Try to change me, made me what you wanted”
“No escaping everything we started”
“Built a life on broken glass, woah”
“Try to break me, but I'm not afraid now”
“All my days just looking for a way out”
“I swore I never would go back”
“But no more running from my past”

“I love it. It captures Natasha very well. Because it’s true she is done running from her past.” I tell Sarah. “Yeah Ma is a giant nerd.” She laughs as Sam walks into the soundbooth. “Haha, very funny. But I’m glad you like it baby.” Sam says, wrapping her arms around me. “Hey Bunny you love me right?” Nicky asks, poking her head out of the apartment door connected to the soundbooth. “You know I do Hunny Bun.” Sarah says. “Good because I posted a meme.” She smirks. “Oh I have to see this.” Sam says and pulls out her phone and Sarah and I do the same and we all burst out laughing.

“Sarah would do this if she was arrested”[SamMily: I probably would too][ScarlettJohansson: Hey don’t mess with Bonnie Tyler][SarahJohansson: I would 100% do this][SamMilyJr: Turn around][SarahJohansson: Every now and then I get a little bit lonel...

[SamMily: I probably would too]
[ScarlettJohansson: Hey don’t mess with Bonnie Tyler]
[SarahJohansson: I would 100% do this]
[SamMilyJr: Turn around]
[SarahJohansson: Every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you’re never comin’ round]
[ElizabethOlsen: Oh lord]

A/N
Hey I am back sooner than I expected. Running From My Past is by NerdOut feat: Halocene. The song that is being referenced in the meme is Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Anygays see you in the next one.