Chapter #42

Chapter #42

April 1st 2023

Sam's POV

Scarlett won't sleep at all and just keeps saying stuff like 'what happened to my sweet innocent baby?' and I would tell her he's a grown man and remind her that our daughter is married, which lead to her going on about how Sarah is too pure and sweet to be having sex yet. "Honey for the love of god I wrote a song called 'she calls me daddy' about you." I say. "But Sam, he's my precious baby." She says. "You sound like your mother right now." I tell her. "Oh my god I do." She says. "You don't think Sarah is actually having sex with Nicky do you?" She asks. "Oh my god honey. She has told us she has. They are adults and married. I would rather not think about it, thank you." I say. "Sam, my sweet baby boy is all grown up." She says. "Yes dear." I say. "Where did the time go?" She says. "Scarlett, go to sleep!" I yell through the pillow I put over my head. "But Sam." She starts. "I'm sleeping on the couch." I say, taking my pillow.

Sarah's POV

I walk upstairs to steal my parents coffee like I do every morning when I see Ma asleep on the couch alone. "Ma. Ma." I say shaking her shoulder. "What do you want?" She grumbles. "Why are you on the couch?" I ask. "Your mother wouldn't let me sleep, that song really messed with her head." She says. "Glad I didn't listen to it then." I say. "She kept saying 'what happened to my sweet innocent baby'." She says. "He's a grown man." I say. "That's what I told her." Ma says sitting up. "You want coffee?" I ask. "Yes please." She says so I brew two cups of coffee. Sarah and I make small talk as we drink our coffee. "Thanks for the coffee Sarah, I'm going to go check on your mother." Ma tells me. "Ok, have fun with that." I joke.

Sam's POV

I walk up to our room and I see Scarlett looking through one of our photo albums. "Oh Penguin." I say getting in bed next to her and wrap my arm around her and she leans her head on my shoulder. "They were so sweet and innocent." She says. "Um babe, that's Sarh and Nicky's wedding photo when they were playing tonsil tennis." I tell her. "No they aren't oh they are." She says and pouts. "Honey, we've still got the little ones." I tell her. "MY BABIES!!!" She shouts as the photo album hits me in the face. "Oh sorry." She says running out of the room.

Scarlett's POV

I run down the stairs and find Danny and the twins watching cartoons. "Come here my babies." I say kneeling down. "Mommy are you ok?" Wyatt asks as I hold all three in my arms as best as I can. "Yeah, just never grow up." I say. "Ok?" Danny says confused. "Mom, do you need a hug?" I hear Jr say from the couch. "Yes please." I say and I go over and sit next to him and he wraps his arms around me and I lay my head on his shoulder and he comforts me.

A/N

I know it's short but I hope you enjoyed this chapter that Chris and I worked on the next one might be longer. Anygays see you in the next one.