Chapter #33

Chapter #33

March 22nd 2023

Scarlett's POV

I can't feel my legs and Lukasz is kicking my bladder as if it's a soccer ball. "Sam. Sam wake up, I need help." I say shaking her shoulder. "What is it? What's wrong?" She asks, almost panicked. "I can't feel my legs and Lukasz is kicking my bladder like he's a pro soccer player." I tell her. "Oh, do you want me to carry you?" She asks. "Please." I say and she gets out of bed and picks me up. "Your throne." Sam jokes and I playfully slap her shoulder. "He's differently a very strong little boy." I tell her as she hops onto the counter. "Well he is my son and I've always been very athletic." Sam says with a yawn. "Ok please help me stand at the sink." I ask, "Damn I really made it so you can't walk." She smirks. "I did ask you to." I say. "Oh shit." I curse remembering I have a meeting with the director of Asteroid City today. "What?" She asks. "I have a meeting today." I say. "I'm sure Kate will understand if you need to do a zoom meeting. I mean you do share details about our sex life with her." Sam says carrying me back to bed. "It's not with Kate it's with the Director of Asteroid City the new movie I was cast in." I say. "Shit. I can't just carry you in there like I do at the office sometimes." Sam says. "No you can't. Fuck what am I going to do?" I ask as I feel the anxiety build up in my body. "Morning sickness." Sam says. "What?" I ask. "You have been having horrible morning sickness lately, you also get sick every time we go for a drive." Sam says. "I am not using my son as an excuse." I say and just as I do I can feel the morning sickness creep up on me. "Ok on the other hand. Shit hand me the bucket." I say and Sam is quick to grab it. "See you are sick you can't go to a meeting." Sam says as if a problem has been fixed. "Fine, hand me my phone please." I say and she does. "I'll go get the ginger ale and saltines." She says pulling the blanket over me.

Sam's POV

"Good morning." Liz says, scaring the shit out of me. "Jesus Christ woman. You do know I have had heart problems in the past right?" I say with my hand on my chest which is getting a little tight. "No I didn't, I'm sorry." She says.

Lizzie's POV

"I-it's f-fine I-I s-shit. I-it's n-not y-your f-fault." Sam sputters out before collapsing. "SAM!! HELP!!!" I scream out as I run around the kitchen island to where she is. "Sam? Sam! I don't know how to do CPR." I say as I begin to cry I just killed my best friend. "LIZZIE WHERE ARE YOU!!??" I hear Robbie yell, panicked. "Over here Robbie she has no pulse. I don't know CPR help. I can't be the reason my best friend dies." I cry. "Ok move over honey and call 911 I know CPR." He says. "MA!!" Sarah screams in horror as she runs into the kitchen along with Nicky and Jr. "Help my best friend, her heart stopped. I think she had a heart attack. My husband is giving her CPR. Please she doesn't have a heartbeat, send help." I say to the 911 operator then I see Danny run upstairs as the rest of the kids are starting to gather around. "Nicky, Sarah. The littles can't see this get them out of the kitchen and where the fuck is your mother?" I say they get the littles out of view and then I hear Scarlett scream.

Scarlett's POV

I just got off the phone with the director. They were very understanding then Danny ran in sobbing. "Whoa sweetie what's wrong?" I say as he runs into my arms. "Mama is dead. She is on the floor in the kitchen. Auntie Liz said her heart isn't beating, that means Mama is gone." He sobs. "Danny, that's not funny. Did Mama tell you to say that? Is Mama trying to prank me?" I ask starting to cry, "No Mama grabbed her chest then said something to Auntie Liz and fell down and Auntie Liz started to cry, and Uncle Robbie came in and is doing what Auntie Liz called CPR." He says. "No! NO!" I scream as I get out of bed even though it hurts like hell. "JR! Help me down the steps!" I yell when I see him in the living room, and he runs up to me and helps me down the stairs. "Mommy I scawed." Elizabeth says, crying. "It's going to be ok. It has to be. Stay with your siblings." I tell her, giving her a quick kiss on the head. My heart sinks when I enter the kitchen. "Oh god." I gasp and kneel by Sam's head as Robbie continues CPR. "Sam, don't you leave me!! Sam please!" I sob. "I'm sorry it's my fault. I scared her and then this. I'm so sorry." Lizzie sobs. "I don't want to hear your apologies!" I yell. "LAFD!!" The EMTs yell as they enter the house. "IN THE KITCHEN PLEASE HELP!!! Agh fuck! Lukasz stop kicking ow shit!!" I cry out holding my stomach. "Ma'am how far along are you?" One of the medics asks. "Almost eight months agh shit! Please save my wife." I say. "Ma'am you are going to be coming with us." The other EMT says and radios for another ambulance.

March 24th 2023

Sam's POV

I wake up to the sound of a steady beeping and I look around to see I'm in a hospital. Scarlett is in a hospital bed too, "Baby." I croak out and her head snaps over on my direction. "You're awake!" She says and presses the nurse call button. "Scarlett, why are you in a hospital bed? Where's the." I start to break down, not able to get the question out. "Four pounds exactly." She says holding my hand. "What?" I ask. "Look over there." She says and I see an incubator with a little baby in a blue hat. The tag on the incubator says 'Lukasz Johansson-Mily' "Oh thank God I saw you and I thought the worst. Does he have any health issues that I should be aware of?" I ask. "No, it's a miracle he will have to stay here for two months but other than that he's a healthy baby." She says. "When?" I ask. "The twenty second a few hours after your heart attack. You are lucky the doctor didn't operate on you." She says. "If Liz hadn't scared you. We wouldn't be here. You nearly died. Danny thought you did. He came running into our room saying, "Mama is dead." She says breaking down. "Ugh stupid wires." I groan as I get out of my hospital bed and rip off the monitor wires. "Sam what are you doing?! Lay down, you have to rest!" She shrieks. "I will lay down just next to you." I grunt as I lay next to her on her bed. Nurses come rushing in with the crash cart. "Get out I'm fine! I'm just comforting my wife fuck off!" I snap at the nurses. "Sam just let them put the monitor's wires back on you." Scarlett says. "Fine." I say and let the nurses put the wires back on then I just pull Scarlett into my arms.

A/N

Little Lukasz will be just fine. I'm not that horrible of a person. Anygays see you in the next one.

Old Friend Book 5जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें