Chapter 1: He Returns

🎶 Chained To The Rhythm — Katy Perry 🎶

"CLARA!" my mother shouted from downstairs, making me roll my eyes and groan.
"WHAT IS IT?" I shouted back, not wanting to leave from my comfortable bed on which I was currently laying, scrolling through Instagram.
"COME DOWN WHEN I CALL YOU!" she shouted again and I rolled my eyes. Mothers.
So I obliged and trotted downstairs, where I found her in the kitchen, cutting vegetables.
"I need you to run to the market, we don't have enough carrots!" she told me agitatedly and I rolled my eyes. All the kitchen counters were covered with food for our annual barbecue that we hosted for our friends from the town... which was basically everyone.

"I think we have enough food..." I said and raised my eyebrows.
"Yeah, but Fermín is back in town and coming too and his mum told me that he has a new nutritionist and what he's allowed to eat and I don't want him to starve" she replied and pointed her kitchen knife at me.

Fermin. Our mums had known each other since school and were best friends. My twin brother and I were born just a month after Fermín and the boys had been best friends since forever. Me and him - our relationship was kind of weird. We had always been friends too obviously, but in elementary school, him and my brother just grew closer: it was that typical phase where boys found girls disgusting and girls would rather play with other girls anyways. He moved to Barcelona when he was 12 and my family would join his often when they'd visit him. But the older I grew, the less I went with them because honestly, I had other friends here too. Fermin would always return to our home town during the holidays anyways and our families always spent time all together, especially since my brother also started dating his cousin Fatima during the summer we all turned 16. That summer, Fermin and I also lost our virginities to each other after a party. I was thankful that he left for Barcelona soon after. That Christmas everything went back to normal though and nothing ever happened again. The last year, he played at Linares and I had taken a gap year after high school, teaching at a primary school in Ghana. Now, we were both home for the summer holidays.

"Oh of course then! You know that I'd move the heavens and the earth for Fermin" I said sarcastically and grabbed my bag before I made my way outside. I swung onto my bike and cycled down to the city center, greeting people along the way. When I had arrived, I parked my bike and walked to our trusted fruit and vegetable shop.

"Hola Clara" I heard a girl say behind me.
"Hola Fati" I greeted my brother's girlfriend. "I thought my brother was with you?" I asked.
"Dropped him off at Fermin's, they've been playing FIFA or some weird other games all day. You know how they are when he's back" she chuckled.
"Yeah... It's always the same. But they're a great pair of friends" I replied and smiled.
"They are. Come on, I'll help you and get home with you" she said and I shopped those bloody carrots for Fermín.

 Come on, I'll help you and get home with you" she said and I shopped those bloody carrots for Fermín

📍 El Campillo, Andalucia, Spain
clara_1106 Good to be back home 🏡

alejandro_mrqz 😍😍
lauraalba03 Guapaaaaa esa chica!!
fatima_arcos the photographer must have been 💣

When Fati and I returned back to my place, my mother immediately shooed us around the whole house and garden, instructing us with tasks. When my dad got back home from work, he also had to join in. My sweet brother didn't answer his phone, probably engrossed in the video games he was playing with his best friend, and we were all furious with him while we worked our asses off. When the first guests arrived, I quickly ran upstairs to make myself presentable.

After twenty minutes, I joined the party again and so many people had arrived in the meantime, everyone bringing food. When looking at the buffet one could easily think that my Mum was trying to feed every mouth in Madrid. I greeted some school friends of mine as well as some friends of my parents, when my eyes landed on him. He was already looking at me and when our eyes met, he smiled and started walking over to me.

"Hello Clara, it's great to see you again" he said, kissing both my cheeks.
"My gosh, every time I see you, your muscle mass doubles" I chuckled as I had put a hand on his upper arm to greet him and feeling his biceps.
"Yeah, I'm working hard" he chuckled.
"On picking up girls" I finished his sentence. "How was Linares?" I asked, not giving him a chance to reply to my comment.
"Good. I'm playing with Barca's B-team next season and I'm very excited" he explained proudly and I smiled, being genuinely happy for him.
"That's great!" I exclaimed and hugged him.
"Thanks! How was... Ghana, right?" he asked.
"I didn't think you'd actually remember" I said surprisedly.
"Of course!" he replied and nudged me.
"It was great, I'm so happy I went away for a year. Aaaaaannnnddd I'm actually coming to Barcelona in September" I told him proudly.
"So I've heard! Your brother told me today, architecture, quite impressive" he said and I just nodded.

"So it will be the OG16 group all together" he chuckled. The OG16 group was my brother Carlos, his girlfriend Fatima, Fermin and me - we had spent all of the 2016 summer together although Carlito and Fati never got to know about my night with Fermín. And it shall stay like that for the rest of our lives.
"Yeah, just don't try to date me now that we'll third and fourth wheel all the time." I joked, but actually was serious.
"Don't worry, football is my girlfriend." he chuckled. "Except for a few cheats here and there" he added as he winked at a girl group, standing a bit behind me. They all giggled as they saw him do that and I rolled my eyes.

"Are you serious?" I chuckled as he noticed that.
"What? I'm young, I'm a man, it's normal!" he defended himself.
"Whatever" I replied and rolled my eyes before I tried to walk to the buffet to escape this conversation. However, he grabbed my arm and I looked up at him, our faces merely inches apart.
"You should get laid. You look tense." he whispered, and I felt his hot breath on my skin, giving me goosebumps. I just wriggled my arm free and walked away, set to not talk to him again all evening. Of course I needed to get laid, my last time had been my first time, with him. Never again had I wanted or trusted a man to touch me like he did.