Chapter 33: Upcoming Dates

🎶 Diet Mountain Dew — Lana Del Rey 🎶

Until this morning, I had thought that Nutella was the best thing in this world. Turns out I was wrong - waking up in Fermin's arms was the best thing in this world. And like Nutella, I wanted this every day.
"Good morning" I whispered, testing if he was already awake. But he just laid there, lips slightly parted, slowly breathing in and out. The alarm would ring in 15 minutes and I slowly untangled myself from our embrace before going to the kitchen to start preparing breakfast.

I cooked some scrambled eggs, sliced an avocado and took out the rests of smoked salmon I had in my fridge. I decorated two slices of wholegrain toast (urgh) with the three ingredients and was just done when I heard the alarm go off.
"Good morning" I said in a seductive morning voice as I leaned against my bedroom's doorframe.
"Have I died... and gone to heaven?" he asked, rubbing his eyes. I was wearing nothing but his black t-shirt and holding the plate with his breakfast in my hands.
"Mhm, don't flatter yourself. You'll be going straight to hell after your last breath" I chuckled as I walked over to give him a good morning kiss. He grabbed my thighs and pulled me closer, almost making me lose balance of the plate I was holding.
"Careful!" I exclaimed and quickly put it on the nightstand.
"I have a better breakfast in mind..." he said before kissing me hungrily. I smiled against the kiss and pulled away shortly after.
"But it's not nutritive enough and we don't want you lagging at training today, so you'll eat my toast now" I chuckled and stood up again yo dress myself.

Fermín watched me choosing an outfit while chewing on his food and eyeing me with the sweetest eyes.
"-he eam umpa" he babbled with his mouth full and I looked at him with a confused face.
"The cream jumper" he said when he had chewed down everything. I pulled it out of the cupboard and held it up, asking if he meant this, at which he nodded.
"Bit basic, no?" I asked, eyeing myself in the mirror, not fully convinced.
"Put on that fuzzy jacket and white trainers" he simply said before stuffing the last piece of toast into his mouth.
"My teddy jacket? Since when are you so... stylish?" I asked.
"Gavi influence" he shrugged.
"Hopefully that influence doesn't include having all the girls drooling over you" I muttered.
"Why not?" he asked amusedly.

"Because I want to apply for the spot of the only girl in your heart" I shot right out, wondering where that confidence came from. He sat up and beamed me his biggest smile.
"Then what do you think about a job interview Thursday evening? I pick you up after work?" he asked and I quickly nodded. He stood up and walked over to give me another kiss before disappearing in the bathroom. While he was showering, I ate my breakfast in the kitchen before packing my bag for my day at uni ahead.

 While he was showering, I ate my breakfast in the kitchen before packing my bag for my day at uni ahead

📍 Barcelona, Catalunya, España
clara_1106 Ready for a new week 👌🏼

_ferminlopez your style 😮‍💨
eleonore.trd 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
cristoml10 wowwww 😊
carlos_1106 You look asleep

Again, he was kind enough to drop me off before driving to training. Thankfully, he hadn't seen anyone of his teammates yesterday and could just show up in yesterday's clothes without questions being asked. Although I think that men could wear the same stuff for days and their friends just wouldn't care or even notice. They're just built different.

After our classes, Eleonore and Agnes immediately circled me, ready for the gossip about yesterday's party. I was about to start talking as we were walking away from campus, when I felt someone sling his arm around behind me.
"You little whore! Sneaking off with loverboy yesterday!" Pierre joked and I turned dark red, my girl friends' jaws dropping.
"No way! I thought you were giving him the silent treatment!" Agnes exclaimed.
"I did! But then he got all 'I'm not good enough for you and for football' and... I don't know... I've known him all my life... I just... caved" I muttered but Eleonore looked at me with a huge grin on her face.

"Have you finally admitted it? Will you stop lying to yourself now?" she asked and I looked at her confusedly.
"What?" I asked and stopped in my tracks.
"That you have feelings for him" Agnes said and looked at me with a challenging look, which was copied also by Pierre.
"Yeah..." I admitted quietly and they all started shouting and jumping around. "Oh, shut up" I just said, my face flushed and cheeks burning red.

"You should tell your brother though... I mean he's his best friend and you're his twin sister..." Pierre said and pulled me back to reality.
"Yeah, yeah... First we'll establish what this between us even is and then we'll think about telling others" I just shrugged and with that, the conversation was over.

On Wednesday, Carlito and Fati came over to watch the Barca game against Shakhtar as they were playing away in Germany. It was awful, Fermín was benched until the 81st minute until he came on for Gavi, but there was nothing to do, we lost 1-0.
"Shit..." Carlito mumbled when the referee blew the final whistle.
"You should ask him to come over tomorrow... Play video games and stuff. I won't be here anyways" Fati said and my head shot up. Tomorrow Fermín and I were supposed to go out.
"Yeah, I'll text him" Carlito huffed and pulled out his phone to shoot him a message. Now Fermín would have to come up with a hell of an excuse. Or he'd cancel the date. Would he cancel for Carlos? I mean, they were best friends in the end. I was just... the sister.

My thoughts continued circling around that until a ding from Carlito's phone made me snap out of my trance.
"What did he say?" I asked, hoping not to sound too curious.
"Ugh, he has a physio appointment. But he wants to go out on Sunday after the game before having to fly to Madrid" Carlito replied while typing a message into his phone. "You coming, right?" he asked me.
"Huh... when?" I asked.
"On Sunday" he replied blankly.
"Oh... yeah sure" I just said. Well, this was going to be interesting.