Bonus Chapter 3: Big Move Ahead

Guys, I'm so moved by all the love this story is getting! I hadn't planned to write this many bonus chapters, but you deserve them!

And, if you haven't already, you can check out the other stories in my profile 💕

But now, number 3, here we go!

🎶 Mirrors — Justin Timberlake 🎶

19th December 2025

"Fermín! Where is my Dyson?" I shouted. He just always had to use MY expensive hairdryer for the little hair he had on his head. Ok, it had been a birthday present from him, but that shit was expensive and I didn't want it to get damaged under any circumstance. We were currently packing our luggage to drive down home the next day for the Christmas holidays. My boyfriend appeared in our bedroom's doorframe with a distraught look on his face.

"What happened?" I asked and walked over to him, putting my hands on his cheeks.
"Just got off from a call with my agent... He- Pep called him" Fermín said and looked at me with a blank expression. My jaw dropped and a smile crept onto my face.
"Pep... as in... Pep Guardiola? Man City? Premier League winners?" I asked him for clarification.
"Yeah" he said and he finally started smiling too. "De Bruyne is out for the rest of the season after his ACL tear... and he's looking for a loan player to fill in for him for the rest of the season. He wants to sign me on January 1st now that the transfer window will open..." he explained.

"Oh my gosh, Fermín! This is huge!" I gasped and smiled, covering my mouth with my hand and jumping up and down. "What did you say?" I asked.
"That I have to talk this through with my girlfriend" he replied.
"You should go! I mean... you want to leave anyways and... it's the Prem... and they're a top team and... it's fricking Pep!" I started blabbering excitedly.
"Yeah, but... it's Manchester. And you're in Barcelona" he sighed defeatedly.
"It's a loan, the season ends in less than six months... We can do this" I told him.

"I don't want to be separated. Would you... would you... come with me?" he asked and I took a step back.
"And what about uni? Fermin... we talked about this. Uni is the one thing I won't drop" I told him.
"I don't want you to. I want you to give me a green light for me to ask at City that they help you enroll for your exchange semester there. I know it's late and that the term starts in February, but... it's fricking Man City, I'm sure they have contacts to pull some strings..." he mumbled. I hated this, getting favours just because you're a footballer and famous and Fermín usually wasn't that type of guy, but this... The health of my relationship was more important to me than this principle.

"I'm willing to do it, ask them if there's a possibility. But if it isn't possible, Fermín... I'll have to stay behind in Barcelona" I said seriously and he nodded, accepting my decision.

——————————————

It was Christmas Eve today and Fermín and I had come back to El Campillo, just like we had done the past year - we were close to celebrating two years together as a couple and when I thought of all the drama we had going on two years ago... I had to giggle.
"Bye Mum!" I shouted as I ran down the stairs of my home as Fermín had texted me that he was waiting outside.
"Hey! What do you mean with 'Bye!'? I need help here! How the hell are we going to feed all of our mouths if I'm all alone cooking here?" she shouted back.
"Dad surely is a great help. I really have to go now, byeeeee" I shouted as I was halfway out the door.

"Hey you" Fermín mumbled against my lips after I had walked up to him to kiss him.
"Hi, come on, let's go before Mrs Ramirez catches us again. I saw her yesterday at the market and she asked me if we were engaged yet" I said and rolled my eyes.
"Nope, you're still a bachelorette" he chuckled and kissed my cheek.
"Fuck off" I said annoyedly and pushed him a bit.
"Ohhhh, feisty. You want the ring!" he said, laughing now.
"No, I don't" I clapped back and he stood still.
"You don't?" he asked and put a hand on his chest, faking that he was overly hurt.
"Ugh, yes, I do, but... you know... whatever! Come on, let's get going!" I said annoyedly and dragged him along.