Chapter 4: Summer Fling

🎶 Hymn for the Weekend — Coldplay 🎶

📍 El Campillo, Andalucia, Spainclara_1106 #ootn

clara_1106 #ootn

alejandromrqz 😍
carlos_1106 Home by midnight 🕛
isa_bragas_ Guapaaaaa

"Good evening" Alejandro greeted me as he picked me up at my family's house for our date. Unfortunately, he came empty handed, I had hoped for flowers or something small, but whatever. It was only a fling anyways.
"Hey" I greeted him back and we started walking towards the city center. We saw lots of people we knew on our way and waved at them.
"In the next half hour the whole town will know that we were going out together" Ale chuckled.
"I can't wait to get out of here" I mumbled.
"Yeah, you will - I won't. Are you excited for Barcelona though?" he asked. His Dad was the town's electrician and he was set to take over the small business.
"I am. And I'm going to have some people there whom I already know. But I am hoping to get to know lots of new people too. Maybe some international friends, imagine how cool it will be when I can visit them in their home countries during the holidays or so..." I swooned as we had arrived at the pizzeria and sat down at our table.

Ale immediately ordered a bottle of wine, probably escaping the conversation about a big city life that he would never have. Other than that, it was a very pleasant night, and when he brought me back, he even kissed me, which I reciprocated. After doing my bedtime routine, I slumped into bed and opened up my messages:

Fermín ⚽️
Old Mrs González, who lives across the pizzeria, told her housekeeper, who told her niece, who is the butcher's daughter's best friend, who then told my grandmother while walking past her house, who then told my aunt, who told my mother, who finally told me, that you had a date tonight 😏

Clara
WOW
You went all out
If football doesn't work out, I'm sure that national intelligence will hire you in a heartbeat

Fermín ⚽️
How was it?
Was he nice?
Did he treat you well?

Clara
Thanks for caring
It was all good

Fermín ⚽️
Good
You tell me if he turns out to be an asshole

Clara
I will but chill

A few days later, I met up with Isa for drinks and told her about my new romantic conquest. However, she was more preoccupied about her possible chances with Fermín. It was really sad to say this, but I could feel our friendship slipping away from time to time. Her unbearable attitude towards Fati as well as her growing egoism was bugging me - she hadn't even managed to agree with me on a holiday for us two this summer, even after I repeatedly begged her to just tell me dates when she was free, I was very happy to organising the whole thing alone if she didn't have the time or energy - but somehow, we didn't manage to come together. It was sad, but not every friendship works out, and that's ok, I definitely wasn't in the mood to maintain a toxic friendship just for old time's sakes.