Chapter 18: Redemption

🎶 Solo Para Ti — Alvaro Soler, Topic 🎶

My eyes tried to flutter open as a ray of sunlight hit me through the curtains, but they were still too sticky from all the crying I did last night. Eventually, I managed to open them and looked around my bedroom - the only clean space in this flat as I had been clever enough to lock it at some point before things escalated. I wasn't even able to go brush my teeth before bed as my bathroom sink was full of... to be honest, I didn't know.

I heard muffled voices and at some point, the bedroom door opened and Fati peeked her head inside. She had decided to crash here last night, not wanting to leave me alone, but she read the mood I was in and didn't talk to me, which I was very thankful for.
"Hey... how are you feeling?" she asked carefully.
"Awful. Angry. Sad." I muttered and rolled to the other side. She came in and sat herself on my bed next to me.
"Come on, we're leaving for the day" she said and smiled before she walked out again.

I swung my legs out of bed, storming after her. What the hell did she mean with "We're leaving" - my apartment was a mess and I needed to clean up. But I stopped in my tracks when I arrived in the living room and saw my brother and Fermín standing there. Thank God I slipped into my house slippers, as the floor was full of glass shards.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked Fermín angrily and he opened his mouth to answer, but Fati quickly stepped in between us.
"The boys are cleaning and we're going out for breakfast!" she said excitedly and I raised my eyebrows.
"Big cousin, take out your credit card" she said as she turned around to the blond footballer.
"What?" he asked surprisedly, but Fati just nodded, while I still stood there with my arms crossed. He took out his wallet and pulled out a VISA, which she immediately snapped out of his fingers.
"Oh, and... Clara... Isn't your dream bag a Lady Dior?" she asked and turned to me, making my jaw drop. But not only mine, also the boys'.

"No, no, no" Fermín said angrily and wanted to snatch the card back from his cousin, but she gave him the deadliest glare I had ever seen and was just thankful that I wasn't him in that moment.
"Well, if that's the case, I better get dressed into the poshest outfit I have for our luxury trip" I giggled and ran to my bedroom.
"NOT ONE CENT MORE THAN 5000€!" I heard Fermín shout behind me and I turned around to peek out of my bedroom door.
"The way you behaved, you can be lucky that I'm not raiding Hermes" I shot back.

After dressing into a simple white shirt and jeans, I walked back to the living room, where the boys were already concentrated on picking up the trash.
"Well, we'll see you in a few hours" Fati chirped as she took my hand and dragged me out the door.
"How the hell did you manage to get them... better said... *him* to do that?" I asked her incredulously when we were in the metro.
"It was mostly your brother... Fermín ended up crying after being shouted at for an hour and he wants to make it up to you now" she said and shrugged.
"Pffff, if he thinks I'm going to make it easy for him, he can forget it" I scoffed.

When we arrived in the city center, we first looked for a nice place to brunch and I ordered a big fat breakfast with salmon, avocado, feta cheese and a lot of other amazing stuff. When we had finished, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to stand up from everything I had eaten. But Dior was calling and that was our next stop. We asked the shop assistant to show us all available Lady Dior bags and I started debating on the size and colour. Ultimately, I went for a classic black one, it just goes with everything and I hoped to have it for a lifetime. Which would also mean that I'd never forget the party fiasco from last night every time I'd look at the bag, but whatever. Maybe one day I'd be able to laugh about it. The sound Fermin's credit card made when it paid for the horrendous amount, was like music in my ears, better than a Mozart melody.

 The sound Fermin's credit card made when it paid for the horrendous amount, was like music in my ears, better than a Mozart melody

📍 Barcelona, Catalunya, España
clara_1106 Not a perfect day, but a good one 👍🏼

fatimarin 😍😍😍
carlos_1106 👍🏼
_ferminlopez 🫠
Replying to _ferminlopez:
clara_1106 Suck it up
eleonore.trd Omg I forgot to ask yesterday, are you guys dating? _ferminlopez clara_1106
Replying to eleonore.trd:
clara_1106 I'd rather take a swim in a pool of lava

We strolled around the city for a bit more, enjoying the people bustling around and the warm September air. Even Gavi had sent me an apology message:

Gavi
Hey Clara, just wanted to say sorry from the boys and me, we didn't know you wanted a private party and we really didn't have any bad intentions. I'm sorry everything got out of hand, we should have been more considerate beforehand. Hope you're ok today and if you need help with anything or cleaning up, don't hesitate to reach out!

Clara Rivera (Fermín lohl ❤️)
Thanks Gavi, that means a lot!
Don't worry, Fermín is already scrubbing all my floors

Gavi
As he should!

Clara Rivera (Fermín lohl ❤️)OmgI'm dying💀💀💀💀

Omg
I'm dying
💀💀💀💀

After crying with Fati over that picture Gavi had sent me, we eventually decided to head back to my flat and I was even more afraid to see its state now. I don't think Fermín ever really cleaned and maybe we'd find both boys dead in the bathroom after they experimented with a poisonous mix of cleaning products. But I was surprised with a pleasant smell and everything in perfect order instead when I opened my apartment door. The boys were laying on the couch, looking more dead than alive, but immediately sprang onto their feet as they saw us coming.

After exchanging a look with Fati, Carlos quickly said: "Ok... um, bye Clara. Love you... ehhh, see you" before disappearing with her out the door. Wow, great. Definitely not planned. Only now, I saw a bouquet of fresh flowers on my small dining table.
"Uh... I hope you like them. Pink roses are your favourites, right?" he stammered.
"Fermín, no amount of cleaning or roses will make up what you did to me last night. Of course it wasn't the end of the world, but you hurt me. And I need time to process that" I said calmly.
"Come on! I'm really sorry, I was just trying to-" he said agitatedly, but I cut him off, clearly annoyed that he didn't get the message.
"Want to know what I think? You wanted to be extra cool, showing off your newfound fame next to your sexy athlete friends. Before you figure out who you are and who you want to be, forget talking to me. Out my door, now!" I said in such a stern tone, that he just scoffed and left while shaking his head.