Chapter 5: On the Islands

🎶 Yo Voy (feat. Daddy Yankee) — Zion & Lennox 🎶

At 6 in the morning, I picked up Fati from her house and we took on the drive up to Seville's airport, from where we would take a flight to Mallorca. Her friend Lili would be meeting us there as she was flying in from Barcelona.

"Did you talk to Isa after the bonfire? She looked pretty pissed..." Fati asked me as we were sitting in my car.
"She always looks pissed when she sees you" I chuckled.
"Yeah, I know but... that was even more than the usual" she said and raised her eyebrows.
"She must have been angry that I 'took Fermín away from her'. I didn't even ask or want him to, he just followed me" I sighed.
"But she knows you've always been friends?" she asked confusedly, she knew how well her cousin and I knew each other and this wasn't anything weird or unusual.
"Yeah, but... Like I told you, she has her eyes set on him for this summer" I told her.
"Well, her time's basically up anyways. He'll just be home for two days after Ibiza before returning to Barcelona." she stated and with that, this topic was closed.

We arrived at the airport and left our car at the cheapest park & ride, before we made our way inside to check in our luggage. I was ecstatic to see that I would still be able fit ten more kilos into my suitcase at the return flight and mentally made a list of everything I wanted to shop. The flight went smoothly and we met Lili at the baggage claim, before we made our way outside to take a taxi to our Airbnb. After settling into our home for the next week, we hit the beach in the afternoon and stayed until the sun went down.

The next few days consisted of going to the beach all day and partying all night. A perfect holiday, far away from home and during a summer in which I had nothing to worry about. No school, no uni, no stupid boys. It was great. On one night, we went to a bar, famous among Germans.
"Oh. My. Gosh." we all said as we got inside, our jaws dropping to the floor. This was insane. German party music blasting through the speakers, beer everywhere and hunky Germans catching our eyes.
"Well, I'm taken, but you girls should go for it" Fati joked and dragged us to the bar, ordering us some beers.

We had the funniest night of our lives after finding a group of three Germans, who bought us drinks after drinks and shouted the songs playing on top of their lungs. In the end, they were so knackered that they didn't even realise we were only three instead of six, and continued ordering double the drinks. At seven in the morning, we stumbled outside, the happiest we had ever been and got into a taxi that drove us back to our flat.

I woke up hours later, however without a headache to my big surprise. I looked around into the next room where Fati was sprawled across the whole bed. In the living room, I found Lili in the open kitchen, brewing herself a coffee.
"You want one?" she asked and I nodded.
"I think we'll pass on everything tonight" I chuckled.
"Yeah, would be nice to manage at least a few hours at the beach until sunset" she said and I nodded.
"Let's give Fati some more sleep and then we can go" I chuckled.

After a few more hours, we indeed managed to get to the beach, more dead than alive though, before getting some pizzas on our way home, which we devoured and then said good night at a hefty nine o'clock. I scrolled around on Instagram when I was in bed and decided to upload a picture:

 I scrolled around on Instagram when I was in bed and decided to upload a picture:

📍 Mallorca
clara_1106 Vacation mode 🔛

fatimarin 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
lili_cuertas Vamosssss 💪🏼💪🏼
juananto.lm Hola Clara 👀

Suddenly, a call, which I definitely hadn't expected, popped up.
"Hola Fermín" I said as I picked up.
"Hey, how are you doing? How is Mallorca?" he asked.
"So great, although we went a bit too far last night and all went to bed now already" I chuckled.
"Yeah, same. I needed an evening at home tonight too." he replied.
"Can't believe you! You're surely in some weird bathroom stall and booty-called me after you saw my Instagram picture" I teased him.
Then, I heard beeps and looked at my screen, seeing that he was facetiming me and I picked up.

"See? All alone in my room. The others went out again, only Javi stayed in too, he's having a romantic call with Aurora" he said and laughed.
"Wow. Your hook-up is surely hiding under the covers, giving you a blowjob right now" I chuckled.
"Yeah, I thought that that's definitely the best moment to call you!" he replied sarcastically and nodded. "And by the way, I haven't seen your picture on Instagram, it was sent to me by my brother who confessed his eternal love to you" he added.
"You surely told him that I'm not into younger guys, right?" I asked.
"Yup, biggest heartbreak of his life" he joked.

"Well, how's Ibiza anyways?" I asked him.
"Amazing, woah, the parties are huge and the food is great. Lots of people recognising Pablo, a great share of girls who are interested in us and... yeah. Carlito having the time of his life" he said and added the last sentence, knowing that it would make me happy.
"I'm happy to hear. Well, I guess I'll see you back at home soon" I said and shot him a smile.
"Yup, don't forget my party!" he replied and grinned. Fermín always threw a goodbye party before leaving the hometown for pre-season and I would usually bring Isa along, but this year... I wasn't so sure. However if I didn't bring her she would be eternally pissed at me.
I sighed and said: "Yeah, see you there" before hanging up.

On our last night on the island, we went to have a chill dinner, there was no need to fly back with a hangover. As we sat outside at our table, overlooking the sea, Lili started the conversation:
"So, excited for a new city?"
"Yes! I'm happy to already know a few people though, it will make the beginning less lonely" I chuckled.
"Well, it could never be lonely with your brother... and Fermín..." Fati said and I had a feeling she was testing some waters.
"Doubt that Fermín will have a lot of time next to football and spending time with my brother, but yeah" I chuckled.
"Well, you do hold a special place in his heart" she said and smiled and I think I knew where this was going.
"What do you mean?" I asked and grinned, biting my lower lip.
"He told me about you guys... four years ago" she replied and slapped my shoulder lightly.
"Oh gosh" I said and laughed, burying my head in my hands. "We're friends, everything is good." I assured her, still laughing.
"Ok ok" she said with an amused look on her face.

📍 MallorcaTagged: fatimarinclara_1106 Last night on the island 🏝️🥲

📍 Mallorca
Tagged: fatimarin
clara_1106 Last night on the island 🏝️🥲

_ferminlopez Mallorca will be safe again after tomorrow!
carlos_1106 😍
lili_cuertas 💣