Chapter 16: Their Story

🎶 Bed Of Roses — Bon Jovi 🎶

After another day of lectures and homework, I returned home to whip up a quick dinner before I'd have to rush to the stadium - it was Champions League night and there was a chance that Fermín would be playing some minutes. So Carlos, Fati and I obviously decided to go and support him. I picked the couple up at their place with my car and we drove to the stadium together - pretty early, as we wanted to be there for the warm-up.

 I picked the couple up at their place with my car and we drove to the stadium together - pretty early, as we wanted to be there for the warm-up

📍 Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys
Tagged: fatimarin
clara_1106 CL nights ✨

agnes_lamarche Oh wow! Didn't know you're a football fan 😍 Enjoy!
carlos_1106 My favourite women ❤️
Replying to carlos_1106:
clara_1106 You're lucky Mum's not on Instagram

The game was great and by half-time Barca was already leading 3-0, with our throats already feeling sore from all the cheering and screaming. Fermín was still on the bench, but in the first set of substitutions, he came on for Gavi, who had also just scored his first CL goal. Then, Joao Felix shot another goal and the game ended 5-0. We were overly ecstatic about the result and already dreaming about Fermín lifting the CL trophy at the end of the season.

As he had travelled to the stadium with the team bus, we had arranged that we'd drive him home after the game. We were currently waiting in the stadium's garage and greeted some of the people we knew who were coming out. Fermín was one of the last ones, leaving with Gavi, who quickly waved at us before he left on his own.

"You happy?" Carlos asked from the passenger seat as I was driving to his place.
"My gosh, yes. A dream come true. Now I want to win some trophies!" Fermín replied ecstatically and I smiled at his enthusiasm.
"You want to come up for a drink?" Fati asked.
"Um... no, I think I'll pass, I have uni and training tomorrow... If Clara would be so kind to drive me home...?" Fermín asked and we all nodded in understanding.
"Yeah, sure. No problem" I replied and smiled, knowing that I'd have to explain to him why I didn't want him to bring along all of Barca's star boys to my humble student housewarming party.

We left Fati and Carlos at their place and Fermín switched seats, sitting in the front now, next to me.
"Can we switch from Radio Maria or whatever this is to my AUX cord?" he asked.
"Hey! It's Gregorian Chant and I find it relaxing!" I defended myself.
"You're not a Saint" he chuckled.
"Well, you were the first to seduce me, little Satan" I replied annoyedly.
Fermín howled in laughter and clapped his hands with me just rolling my eyes at him. "Seduce you!" he laughed.

*** Flashback ***
Huelva, July 3rd 2019

"Are you having fun?" Fermín asked me and I hugged him tightly.
"So much!" I giggled. It was the first summer our parents had allowed us to go to the bonfire. Carlos and I had told our parents that we were having a sleepover at Fermin's, but in reality, he was going to Fatima's afterwards as they wanted to take the next step in their relationship.
"They're cute, right?" Fermín nudged me and pointed at my twin brother and his girlfriend. I just nodded with a huge smile on my face.
"They're definitely getting married someday" I said with heart eyes.