Chapter 9: Howdy, Texas!

🎶 Fake ID (feat. Gretchen Wilson) — Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson 🎶

The morning after the Arsenal match, we had breakfast together again with Fermín at our hotel in LA. While he would be heading to recovery training soon after, we were already heading to the airport to catch our flight to Dallas.
"Sorry about the thing I said with the second team. I know you've worked hard to be here and are working even harder to stay..." I said to Fermín as he was standing at the buffet.
"It's ok, I shouldn't have said that about you flirting around either. I know that you're one of the few decent girls around" he mumbled.
"Oh my gosh, did Fermín Lopez just admit that I'm... decent?!" I exclaimed surprisedly and he rolled his eyes with a smile on his lips.

After finishing up breakfast, the team headed to training and we took a taxi to the airport. We arrived in Dallas in the evening and went to grab a quick dinner after settling into our hotel. The next day, we drove to White Rock Lake, where my brother and I did a bit of sailing, while Fermín and Lola went on a fishing excursion. In the afternoon, we explored the area of Deep Ellum, which is famous for its murals and street art that represents everything from Texas and Dallas history. We returned to the hotel to freshen up for dinner and ran into the team that had just arrived and were checking in. Unfortunately, the players weren't allowed to go out with their families, but we had a wonderful dinner at Highland Park Village anyways, definitely one of the prettiest areas in Dallas.

And then, it was match day again. Real Madrid. A Clasico. Fermín was so nervous and we all noticed as he chewed on his breakfast nervously, his leg bouncing under the table and him looking around the room from time to time. I tried to find the possibility of speaking to him alone, but there wasn't any without me asking to talk to him alone and that would have been weird in front of his parents and my brother, so I didn't. Eventually, it was time for us to start our tourist programme for our second day here, and we drove to Fort Worth, to visit the stockyards. We saw a cattle drive and I really felt in Texas when I saw these typical American cattle with their big horns, and some cowboys on their horses, helping the herd to move. We stopped at the Botanic Garden in the afternoon, before heading back to our hotel to get ready for the game. Our nervousness and excitement was now rising too!

When we arrived back, the receptionist called out my name: "Miss Rivera!" I went over to her confusedly, as she gave me a small package.
"This is for you" she said with a friendly face.
"Oh... um... thanks" I stammered, not knowing what it could be. When Carlos and I arrived back into our room, I opened it and found a blaugrana home kit with Fermin's 29 printed on the back.
"Why isn't there one for me?!" my brother exclaimed.
"He probably forgot it. Or the receptionist lost it." I said and shrugged, but didn't quite believe myself. I wanted to text Fermín and ask him about it, but decided against it as he had a game to focus on and my question was stupid.

 I wanted to text Fermín and ask him about it, but decided against it as he had a game to focus on and my question was stupid

📍 At & T Stadium Dallas Tx
clara_1106 Visca Barça! 💙❤️

isa_bragas_ Wowwww!! 😍
carlos_1106 After 821887 attempts you choose the pic where one can't see your face...
_ferminlopez 🫶🏼