Chapter 23: Kitty Cat

🎶 Doin' Time — Lana Del Rey 🎶

The week had finally ended and I hadn't heard from Fermin again, he was busy with uni and training. But that was a good thing, I needed to sort myself out and get back onto the ground and not live in my weird dreams? What was I thinking by getting involved with him? We had always been friends and that was a good thing. Why should I go throwing that away? My brother was his best friend and I was his best friend's sister. That's how it always was and always will be. Period.

On Saturday, I met up with Isa, it had been too long since we did something alone and we were currently sat outside at a cafe by the beach. She asked me how my new life was going with uni and the job and I told her all about it, being pretty happy about those things.
"Have you heard from Fermín lately?" she suddenly asked and I stiffened, hoping that she wouldn't notice.
"Uh, we were out last weekend" I just replied, not wanting to tell her about our adventures in my bedroom.
"Why didn't you tell me?!" she exclaimed angrily.
"Because Carlos and Fati were there too" I huffed annoyedly.
"Ugh, I don't care about your brother anymore, he can have that bitch. I've got my eyes set on Fermin now" she replied.
"You do remember that Fati is his cousin and extremely close to him?" I asked with raised eyebrows.
"Whatever" she just muttered and I quickly changed the subject to something else.

On Sunday evening, I went over to my brother's and his girlfriend's to watch Barca's game against Granada.
"How was your week?" Fati asked me and my guard was up - did she know or not? I mean, Fermín apparently had told her about what happened four years ago, was he telling her now too? But I was still confused about what went down last week that I didn't want to talk about it either way.
"Ugh, you know... just uni and work as usual..." I shrugged and she nodded and didn't continue asking thankfully.

"Guys, Fermín is starting!!" Carlito shouted over to us and we walked to the couch to sit down with him and watch the game. It started off the worst way possible though, after only half an hour we were already down 2-0. Lamine shot a goal shortly before the end of the second half, but there was work to do. In the 61st minute, Fermín was subbed off for Sergi Roberto and even though I wanted him to play every minute because I knew that that's what he wanted, it was a good thing as Roberto shot the equaliser, allowing the team to leave Granada with one point.

After the game ended, Fati excused herself to the bathroom and I was sitting with my brother in front of the TV that was playing ads now.
"How are things with Fati going?" I asked him.
"Good, I think. We're very much in a routine now, I mean... it's great, but we just lost that spontaneity... I don't know" he muttered.
"You have to revive the spark, take her out on a date, buy her flowers, us girls love that shit" I replied.
"Yeah, you're right. I will. How's your love life going? Met anyone interesting at uni?" he asked.
"Do you think Fermín is in love with me?" I blurted out, instead of answering his question. What- how- was I drunk? Feverish? I put a hand on my front to check if I was hot.
My brother broke out in a huge fit of laughter and couldn't seem to catch himself anymore.
"Fermín!!!! In love with you?! That's the funniest thing you've said in a long time" he exclaimed in between laughs.
"Haha, I got you with that one, right?" I fake-joked and cringed internally. They were best friends, if his reaction was this, there was no way Fermín could seriously be interested in me.

"What's so funny?" Fati asked as she joined us again and hugged Carlito from behind.
"Clara's love life. She's asking herself if Fermín is in love with her" he howled and Fati joined in too. Ok, that definitely meant there was nothing behind his actions, if her reaction was the same.
"Jeez, thanks, are we finished laughing about me now? It's not my fault I'm single! You guys could be helpful and introduce me to some nice guys for once!" I said annoyedly.

We changed the topic and after chatting for another hour or so, I decided to drive home as I had uni tomorrow again and would have to get up early. A part in me wanted to text Fermín about the game tonight, but the other part was stronger and I didn't. I couldn't get emotionally attached over a kiss... and a sexual favour he did for me - we also managed to have sex without feelings once, why should anything be different now?

 and a sexual favour he did for me - we also managed to have sex without feelings once, why should anything be different now?

📍Sant Gervasi Bonanova, Barcelona
clara_1106 It's Monday, or as I call it: pre-pre-pre-pre-Friday.

isa_bragas_ 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼
aurorapaezg lol this will be my new motto
_ferminlopez 🐱

What the hell did that cat emoji mean? And why did I spend all my classes wondering about it? I needed to get him out of my head, uni was more important than his Instagram comments and I couldn't afford to fail classes.

Clara
What's the cat emoji for?

Fermín ⚽️
What's a synonym for cat? 😏
It made me think of it with your legs in that position...

Clara
EW EW EW
You were complaining about Cristo being a horny teenager but you're SO MUCH WORSE

Fermín ⚽️
Well, Cristo has no idea about your 🐱

Clara
One more inappropriate comment and I'm blocking you EVERYWHERE
Imagine my brother gets what the cat emoji means

Fermín ⚽️
Your brother probably thinks I'm such a cute friend, thinking you're a sweet kitty 😍

Steam was blowing out of my ears, why did he wind me up that much. But it wasn't finished there.

Fermín ⚽️
I'm up for a challenge

Clara
?

Fermín ⚽️
Do you think I'll score next week?

Clara
I always believe in you when it comes to football, you know that.

Fermín ⚽️
Well, if I do, the goal will be for you 😊

Clara
Hold up, what's the catch here?

Fermín ⚽️
You'll have to grant me a wish 😉

Clara
You just want to have sex.

Fermín ⚽️
Ugh Clara, not everything is about sex!

Clara
I can't believe this message is coming from you
Now I'm intrigued