Chapter 12: Benvinguts a Barcelona

🎶 Love to Go — Lost Frequencies, Zonderling, Kelvin Jones 🎶

The day had finally arrived, August 31st. At a very early 6 in the morning, I said goodbye to my parents, who were being dramatic and crying while promising to come visit me as often as possible, as well as my brother, who was going to enjoy the last two weeks of holidays. My classes would also only start mid-month, but I was scheduled to take over my flat tomorrow and starting my job on Monday, hence my early arrival to Catalonia's capital. I had found a job as an assistant on two mornings at an architecture firm, hoping that I could gain insight from it. And I needed the money.

I sat down in my Grandma's old car, connected my phone with the Bluetooth station and put on my "Roadtrip" playlist on Spotify as I rolled out of our driveway. I had a ten-hour-long journey ahead of me, which would probably take eleven or even twelve hours anyways, depending on traffic and I'd have to stop for food and gas too. I was already in Valencia, with less than four hours to go, when my phone rang and I picked it up, hearing my brother's voice through the car's speakers.

"Clara?" he asked.
"Of course it's me, you called me, what is it?" I replied.
"Where are you already?" he asked.
"Just passing Valencia" I answered.
"Shit. Listen, I just realised I forgot to give you my apartment keys..." he said and I hit the steering wheel with my hands.
"Fucking hell, Carlos! You had one job! I had a million other things going through my mind!" I shouted. The plan for me was to sleep one night in my brother's flat before getting my own one tomorrow, but that was impossible now.
"Sorry! Is Isa already in the city?" he asked, trying to come up with a solution.
"Of course not. You stay at home two more weeks, she stays at home two more weeks" I scoffed.
"What? I thought she was over me, now obsessing over Fermín? Ah! You could ask him! He's surely in town!" my brother exclaimed, and I could hear the pride in his voice about his genius solution.
"He surely has better things to do than letting me crash at his place. He's probably already booty called some chick for tonight" I huffed and rolled my eyes.
"I bet he'd cancel that for you though. Just call him, you could also ask Pablo or Cristo or..." he started but I cut him off.
"Yeah, thanks for your help, bye" I just said and hung up.

Urgh, why did my Barcelona chapter have to start with chaos? Not knowing who else to ask, I called Fermín, as he would have been pissed as hell if I tried asking Pablo or Cristo or other friends of his first.
"Siri, call Fermín" I shouted and heard the command being executed.
"What do you want?" an annoyed Fermín answered.
"Hello Clara. Your call brightens up my day like a ray of sunshine. What can I, Fermín Lopez, your humble servant, do for you, mylady?" I asked sarcastically.
"Humble servant, are you crazy?" he huffed.
"Listen. Your idiot best friend as in my brother forgot to give me his apartment keys, can I crash at yours tonight? I'll be in Barcelona at six/sevenish I guess..." I just said.
"Ah. Fine. I'm at Pablo's, come pick me up from here, I don't have a ride." he replied.
"What happened to your car?" I asked.
"I had to give it to the cleaner. Fingered a girl on my passenger seat and wanted it ready for my next adventure" he replied. I hoped he was joking.
"Disgusting. Just like you. Send me the address please." I said and hung up.

Of course I arrived during rush hour and navigated through traffic until I finally arrived at the address Fermín had sent me. It was a villa in a nice residential area, where I parked my crammed old Twingo in front. People would probably think the owner of this car was homeless... which I kind of was... until tomorrow anyways. I got out and rang the doorbell.
"Who are you?" Pedri asked and I stood there mortified. Apparently, he didn't have eyes for me during the US tour, too bad.
"Clara, um... Fermin's friend" I replied and gave him an awkward smile.
"Sweet. Come in" he said and showed me the way to the living room, where a few boys were assembled around the TV, playing what looked like FIFA.

"Hey Clara" Fermín and Pablo said in unison, without taking their eyes off the screen.
"Hi... Clara apparently. I'm Ferran" Ferran Torres said and waved at me. "Wait, you were at the summer tour, right?" he asked.
"Yeah she was" Fermín answered for me. It didn't look like they were finishing anytime soon, so I went to the kitchen and looked for something to cook as I was starving, only having eaten a sandwich for lunch.

"You can move in with me anytime, Clara" I heard Pablo say and turned around to see the four boys in the kitchen, probably having been attracted by the smell of the chicken stir fry I had managed to whip up.
"She already has a place" Fermín stated and I rolled my eyes at his weird possessive behaviour.
"Yeah, I'd be really glad if we could eat and then drive to yours. I've been driving all day and am tired." I huffed, maybe in a bit too annoyed tone, but I couldn't help it.

The boys just nodded and after eating up, Fermín and I said goodbye before walking to my car.
"You look like you're homeless" Fermín chuckled and I lost it.
"Shut the fuck up, please. I'm running on my last percents of battery." I snarled. "Where to?" I asked, never having been to his place here.
"I'll give you directions" he replied quietly and we started driving. However, we weren't driving into the city, but up a hill.
"Where are we-" I started asking, but now it was Fermín to snarl at me.
"I'm just trying to be nice for fuck's sake. Stop bitching around!" he said and I fell silent.

"Park here." he instructed and I followed, after that we both got out of the car and I followed him as he trailed up a short path. When we arrived at the top, my jaw dropped and I looked at Fermín with a wide smile and eyes that were glittering.
"Welcome to Barcelona, Nena" he said and my heart skipped a beat when he called me like that for the first time after our night together four years ago.

📍 The Bunker Barcelona
clara_1106 New city, new life ❤️

carlos_1106 "New life" lol
fatimarin *💙❤️ - 😉
aurorapaezg 🥳