Chapter 20: Night Out

🎶 Better Off (Alone, Pt. III) — Alan Walker, Dash Berlin, Vikkstar 🎶

"Where are you?" I shouted into my phone, trying to understand Fati as I was pushing my way through the club whose name she had sent me with Eleonore and Agnes grabbing my arms, trying not to lose me. The club was packed and I didn't know how long I would be able to take it with my claustrophobia.
"VIP!" I finally heard her shout back. Fucking hell, this meant they were out with Fermín and God knows who else. The only good thing was that there was space to breathe there.

Carlos picked us up at the entrance to the secluded area and he immediately put his arm around me.
"Are you ok?" he asked, making sure I wasn't going to end up like a week ago.
I nodded in response and heard Agnes whisper in my ear: "Do you have any more twin brothers?"
I laughed. "Nope, sorry!" I replied.
"Too bad. These Spanish guys are something else..." she said, scanning the room, looking for a prey. I did the same, without looking for a guy though, still my eyes found one. A very special one. Fermín stood there and his lips curled up into a smile.

I walked up to him and greeted him with a shy "Hey".
"You look great. The curls are nice" he said, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.
"You can stop flirting, I've forgiven you" I chuckled, swatting his hand away.
"Good. What do you want to drink?" he asked, slinging an arm around my shoulder.
"A mojito" I told him and he nodded, telling one of the waiters my order. He wasn't drinking as he'd have to be at training tomorrow again and I made a mental note to ask him for a ride later. Public transport was creepy at night and taxis were expensive.

We danced to the music and our group, which consisted of a few more friends of my brother and his girlfriend, continued drinking and having fun. At some point, I needed to use the loo and disappeared quickly, hoping not to have to wait in line for too long. But I was lucky and after finishing the job, I walked up to the mirror to fix my make-up and my hair. Rawr, I looked good. Whoops, I probably had a bit too much to drink. Never mind, I look amazing! My hands wandered up and down the sides of my dress while I was biting my lower lip.
"You go girl!" a girl who was washing her hands next to me said and I laughed.

I walked back outside, finding Fermín basically in front of the women's bathroom door.
"You've been in there for ages!" he groaned.
"What are you doing here? Trying to get a glimpse every time the door opens and closes?" I teased him and ran my fingers up on his chest.
"Well, under this hides something I already caught a glimpse of once" he replied and now traced his fingers down my chest, until he hooked one of his fingers at the bottom of my dress' V-neckline, pulling me closer to him. Instinctively, I wrapped my arm around him and looked him in the eyes. With me wearing a little heel, we were the same height now.

"Shit..." he mumbled.
"What?" I whispered back.
"You're drunk... I... can't" he muttered and loosened his grip on me, taking my hand instead and guiding me to the dancefloor. Some small part of me had hoped that he'd dance with me, but I spotted our group and was pushed away from him into the arms of my brother. Even though we were away from each other now, we had our eyes firmly on each other while dancing with our friends. I tried to move my body as seductively as possible, tracing my hands over my curves and hoping that I didn't look like a drunk octopus.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands on my waist and startled before turning around to find a handsome stranger. The girls whistled and howled and I slung my arms around this man's neck, dancing with him. He was a good dancer, but at some point he started getting a bit too touchy and I tried to politely move away from him, but he wasn't having it. I pushed him away with a fake laugh on my face, but his grip on my arms tightened and hurt me.
"OW! Let me go!" I shouted at him.
"Come on! We're having fun!" he laughed and once again, I tried to wiggle myself free - unsuccessfully though.

"She told you to let her go!" a very angry Fermín shouted, having appeared out of nowhere and pushing the guy strongly away from me. His biceps twitched at this action and I had to be careful not to drool over that.
"Ohohoh! Are you the boyfriend? Your girlfriend's been acting like a whore!" the guy laughed and I could see Fermin's head getting as red as a Ferrari car.
"Come on, let's go" I said to Fermín and tried pushing him away, but he just stood there, steam blowing out of his ears as he still eyed the guy down.
"Fermín!" I shouted and took his hand in mine, still getting no reaction. "Look at me!" I shouted again and he finally diverted his eyes to me, his body now relaxing.

"Let's get out of here" he mumbled and we walked back to our group.
"Someone else need a ride home?" he asked the others when we had joined them again. Agnes and Eleonore wildly shook their heads with swooning looks on their faces, they were probably already imagining him proposing on this ride home.
"Yeah, we could-" my brother started, but stopped as his girlfriend hit her elbow into his ribs. I shot Fati an "Are you kidding me?"-look but she just winked at me. What the hell was she thinking? The weird conversation she started in Mallorca about Fermín now filled my mind and I couldn't help but wonder if she knew something I didn't.

"Ok, you want to go?" Fermín now asked me and I nodded quickly waving goodbye at the others. We walked to his car in silence and like every time I'd ride with him, he opened up the passenger door for me.
We started driving to my place when he finally spoke up: "Did you have fun tonight?"
"Yeah, it was nice. Although I've had funnier evenings out" I chuckled.
"Yeah? What was your best night out? Like overall best?" he asked curiously with a grin on his face.
The alcohol took over and spoke the truth for me: "Bonfire night four years ago."
His face turned to me, he looked a bit shocked by my answer, he probably hadn't expected that. He didn't reply anything and we just drove in silence home. Shit, why did I have to say that? I could have just said a random night in Mallorca or whatever.

"Thanks for the ride" I said as we had arrived in front of my apartment building and quickly opened the door.
"Anytime for you" he replied and I got out, walking upstairs to my flat. When I closed the door behind me I cursed myself with all the profanities I knew, why did I have to be so stupid. Was I trying to flirt? Was I being honest? What was going on with me? I was in my bathroom brushing my teeth when my downstairs bell rang. Who the hell could it be at this time?

"Hello?" I replied.
"Hey, long story short, Carlito has my house keys. Can I crash at yours tonight?" I heard Fermin's voice. I wanted to say no, this would surely confuse me even more, but I couldn't as he had done me the favour when I had been in need of a roof over my head.
"Yeah" I sighed and opened up downstairs as well as my door upstairs and I hurried to my bedroom to put on a nicer pair of pyjamas.
"Or maybe a nightgown?" my inner self asked me and I grinned mischievously as I slid a grey satin nightgown with a fancy white lace trim over my head.

"Um... I'm here!" Fermín shouted apparently having just walked in.
"Yeah... Hi. Where do you want to sleep?" I asked as I showed up in the living room, trying to sound unbothered. His eyes checked me out from head to toe and I mentally patted myself for the great idea I had.
"My eyes are up here, Sir" I said, calling him back to reality.
"Oh! I almost wanted to reply 'With you' but then I saw your annoying face" he said sarcastically.
"Ouch" I joked, touching my chest at the place of my heart.

He laughed. "Wherever you feel comfortable placing me" he now answered and smiled.
"The couch is a bit small..." I started, evaluating the options I could give him.
"It is..." he mumbled, eyeing it.
"Fine. Pillow wall in my bed it is" I sighed and he threw a victorious fist in the air before following me to my bedroom.