Chapter 6: His Goodbye

🎶 Dancin Is What to Do (Sped Up) - Slay Slayyyy — Hiko 🎶

Fermín, Carlos, Fatima and I had returned from our respective holidays, and to the footballer's dismay, his time off had come to an end. Isa was currently at my house and we were spending the afternoon together before we'd go to Fermín's goodbye party. We were laying on my bed, blabbering about our town's latest gossip, when my phone rang. Isa grabbed it for me and her expression stiffened.

"Hi Fermín" I answered, as she gave it to me.
"Hey, I was just thinking: do you want me to take some stuff of yours already up to Barcelona? As your car isn't the most spacious and I'm driving now anyways..." he said. He was right, I couldn't fit everything into my Grandma's old Twingo.
"Oh, that's very nice, I do have some winter stuff already packed away. Can you store it for me until I take over my flat?" I asked and walked over to the four boxes that I had piled up in a corner of my room, filled with heavy coats and pullovers.
"Yeah sure, just bring them over to mine later" he replied.
"Actually, I was going to walk as I want to drink..." I said, hoping that he would offer to pick them up as I was just too lazy for anything now.
"Oh, I'm currently shopping for the party, but I could pick them up on my way home" he offered. Bingo.
"Perfect, see you later" I said before hanging up.

"That's awfully nice of him" Isa said, having gotten the context of our call.
"That's how he is" I said and shrugged. We watched another episode of Sex and the City, my all-time favourite show, when a car honked outside.
"He's here!" Isa exclaimed as she stumbled out of the bed and ran downstairs, making me roll my eyes. I took the first two boxes and started carrying them to the car, at which Fermín was already standing, talking to Isa. My brother was with him and Isa must have been overwhelmed by those two because her cheeks were as red as a tomato.
"Thanks so much again. I'll get the other two real quick" I told Fermín as I handed the boxes over to him and he put them in his trunk.

Carlito followed me into the house and said: "I think he should make a move tonight."
"What?!" I asked confusedly.
"On Isa. He needs to get laid and she's pretty much offering herself" my brother replied and nodded his head towards the direction where we had left the two of them.
"You're just selfish and want her to get over you" I teased him.
"Maybe?" he laughed.
"Imagine how great double dates will be" I chuckled, and the smile faded from his face instantly. I brought out the other two boxes and stuffed them into Fermin's trunk as he was still talking to Isa.

"Great, thanks, I'll see you tonight then" I told him and he diverted his attention to me, coming over and closing the trunk.
"Yeah, see ya" he replied, patting my arm and Isa and I stood there waving, her a bit more energetically than me. As he sped away, my friend said "Ok, I'll go home and get ready for the party, I'll meet you there!" before kissing me goodbye. I also went inside and started getting ready, settling for a very summery short dress.

When I arrived, I greeted the parents first and then Juan Antonio, Fermin's younger brother.
"Man, that picture from Mallorca, Clara...!" he swooned and I laughed, I knew he was joking.
"Fermín already told me you caught a crush..." I teased him.
"He's one to talk" he mumbled. "Anyways, what do you want to drink?"
"A Gin & Tonic, thanks" I replied.
"Ouh, going straight to it" he chuckled, moving to the bar.
"There's no time to lose" I replied with a fake mysterious voice before taking the drink out of his hands.

I found Fati and other cousins of hers and we talked for a bit, even though my eyes kept wandering to Fermín and Isa sitting in a corner. Why was I doing that? I honestly didn't care if they hooked up or whatever. To shake off my thoughts, I wandered to the buffet and got myself something to eat.
"You look pretty" I heard Fermín say behind me and turned around.
"Thanks. How's it going with Isa?" I asked, hoping not to sound too weird.
"Good. What do you think? One hookup before going back? Maybe she'll get over your brother after experiencing my irresistible sexual temptation" he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.
"Sure. Don't be too sure that she won't stalk you in Barcelona though... because she will" I warned him, raising an eyebrow.
"Then you'll just become my girlfriend so that she will leave me alone and your friendship will be over too. Everyone wins" he chuckled.
"Gross" I muttered and bumped his shoulder as I walked away.

A very excited Isa found me real quick though.
"Ahhhhh, Fermín and I have been talking for an hour and he has been sooooo nice" she swooned and I tried to put on my best fake smile.
"He is. You should have fun tonight" I replied and pressed my lips together.
"Oh, I think I will" she chuckled and hugged me before walking away, probably to Fermín again. Why was I that sour about it? I knew and had seen him hooking up with other girls the past times he had been at home, but this year... something was different and I was afraid of that.

Carlito came over and put his arm around me.
"Penny for your thoughts?" he asked.
"Doesn't your twin power already tell you?" I chuckled.
"You're quite good at keeping stuff from me!" he said and I laughed. I really wasn't, but I had successfully managed to make him believe that. The first people were starting to go, and then I saw it: Fermín holding Isa's hand and guiding her inside. My eyes were firmly on that scene and also my brother turned around to see what I was looking at. She kissed his neck and he looked back, his eyes meeting mine. His lips curled into a smile and he sent me a wink, my automatic response was to give him a thumbs up. The door behind him closed and I was left there in a mix of feelings and my brother eyeing me weirdly.

"Well, I'll get home too, now that the host is occupied" I chuckled and hugged my brother goodbye as he was probably spending the night at Fati's. I also said goodbye to her and took on the walk home.

📍 El Campillo, Andalucia, Spainclara_1106 Summer parties 🌞🌺

clara_1106 Summer parties 🌞🌺

_ferminlopez 🙌🏼
fatimamarin main character energy
cristoml10 wowwww claraaaa

When I got home, I immediately went to the bathroom to get ready for the night. When I got back into my room, I changed into my pyjamas and took my laptop from my desk to watch some Netflix before going to sleep. As I was settling into bed, I checked my Instagram and saw that Fermín had been the first one to put a like and have commented on my picture. That was weird, I had posted it at some point on my way home and would have guessed him to be occupied with Isa at that time, but instead he saw my picture?! Weird. Whatever.