Chapter 211 Are You Going To Hit Us?

It suddenly became quiet.

A little too quiet.

Zhang Cheng was still yelling earlier about killing Jiang Ning right here and now, but his mouth was now opened like a frozen duck, and he couldn't get a single word out.

Lin Wu and Gao Fei were also lying where they were. They felt a ringing in their ears and couldn't hear anything else except what

Butler Zhao just said.

"Mr. Jiang, you're here."

Everyone present froze, and some of them who realized what was happening paled from fright.

That was Butler Zhao.

That was the butler who worked for the leader of Shengcheng's illegal Circle, Master Fu.

Zhang Cheng and the other bosses all had to greet Butler Zhao politely too. And now?

Butler Zhao had his hands clasped together and was greeting Jiang Ning politely!

"Hello." Jiang Ning's answer was simple and he just nodded slightly. He clearly didn't know who Butler Zhao was.

"My surname is Zhao, and I'm the butler of Masquerade Club. Broken Sword has given me instructions to bring you over for tea if you're in Shengcheng."

Butler Zhao was basically telling Jiang Ning who he was, but this made Zhang Cheng feel like his heart was going to leap out of his mouth.

Broken Sword!

The grim reaper who killed so many people singlehandedly with a broken sword in Tianhai's illegal circle to the point where nobody dared to pull any stunts.

He had invited Jiang Ning to Shengcheng to have tea?!

This was really terrifying!

"That's right. I've come to Shengcheng today precisely because of the tea he talked about," Jiang Ning nodded. "But since I'm here, I thought I should drop by and visit some old friends first. Butler Zhao, you've reached this place really quickly."

Butler Zhao just smiled. This was a difficult conversation.

He had eyes all over Shengcheng's illegal circle, and he also had his own informants among Zhang Cheng and the other bosses, so he was able to accurately grasp their every move.

He turned to look at Zhang Cheng. "I never knew. You are old friends with Mr. Jiang?"

Of course Butler Zhang knew who broke Zhang Cheng's arms and legs. He was asking even though he already knew the answer.

"Hoho, yes yes, old friends."

Zhang Cheng felt that his voice was a little shaky.

"Why are there so many people here?" asked Butler Zhao after he looked around him.

"Uh...well..."

Zhang Cheng felt his heart pound wildly. Jiang Ning was clearly a guest of Master Fu's, but he had wanted to kill him. How foolish!

"I'm...welcoming my old friend!"

Zhang Cheng threw a glance at his men and Gao Fei immediately shouted, "Welcome Jiang Ning! We welcome you to

Shengcheng!"

The fifty odd men surrounding Jiang Ning immediately took the cue and shouted together, "Welcome Jiang Ning! We welcome you to Shengcheng!"

All of them had wide grins on their faces and looked as friendly as possible as they clapped as loudly as they could, afraid that

Butler Zhao might be displeased with them.

The resounding applause and politeness made Brother Gou feel like laughing but he held it in and tried to continue looking stern and cool. But Su Yun couldn't hold it in anymore.

She was young and didn't have so many tricks up her sleeve. These people were so fierce earlier and were clearly ready to beat them up.

"Brother-in-law, they're not beating us up anymore?" asked Su Yun in a tiny voice. She was still nervous.

Jiang Ning shook his head. "No idea. You ask him."

Su Yun really went to look at Zhang Cheng, "Are...are you going to hit us?"

Zhang Cheng suddenly wanted to slap himself hard. He shook his head vigorously and replied, "I was just joking with you guys!

I'm so happy that an old friend is here to see me, so why would I hit you? That would be rude of me!"

He took note that this young lady called Jiang Ning 'brother-in-law'.

Now there was one more person he couldn't offend.