Chapter 214 Not A Friend

"Thank you."

Jiang Ning walked in, but Butler Zhao waited by the door and didn't go in.

Master Fu wanted to have tea and chat with Jiang Ning, so he didn't have the right to listen by the side.

Jiang Ning walked in and the first thing he saw was the manmade lake. A gentle breeze blew across and sent ripples across the surface of the lake, making one feel at peace instantly.

There was a man around fifty years old seated in the pavilion in the lake. He was making tea with a practiced hand and the fragrance of the tea was strong enough for Jiang Ning to smell it.

"I've just invited Mr. Jiang over without making any prior arrangements, I hope you're not offended."

Master Fu looked up but didn't get up.

He was senior enough, so he didn't need to get up to welcome Jiang Ning. It didn't bother Jiang Ning either.

Master Fu looked very amiable and peaceable, and he always had a gentle smile on his face. Anyone who saw him for the first time would never imagine that he was that terrifying man who had control over all of Tianhai's illegal circles for more than twenty years!

Jiang Ning smiled. "Coming here to have tea is my honor."

He walked into the pavilion and sat down without waiting to be asked. He narrowed his eyes and smelled the tea. "It is really good tea. Looks like I've come at a good time."

Broken Sword was standing not too far away. His expression was icy and was as cold as an iceberg.

He didn't sit with them and stood where he was. He was here as a bodyguard.

Master Fu poured a cup of tea for Jiang Ning and stretched his hand out to ask Jiang Ning to drink up. Jiang Ning nodded and gently rapped his fingers twice on the table to express his gratitude.

He drank the warm tea. It was really good tea, and it was likely to be a rare type of tea. Someone without enough experience in brewing tea might not be able to make it taste so good.

"Mr. Jiang, you've achieved a lot at a young age," said Master Fu with a smile as he continued making tea. "Even a person who doesn't go out like myself has heard all about it."

"Oh? I hope you didn't hear too many bad things about me?" replied Jiang Ning.

"I don't suppose anyone dares to say anything bad about you now, no?" asked Master Fu in return.

"That's hard to say," Jiang Ning took another sip and smiled. "But anyone who says anything bad about me only gets that chance once in his lifetime."

Master Fu smiled and didn't say anymore. He continued making tea, pouring tea and drinking it.

The two of them continued silently like this for ten whole minutes.

After pouring water over the tea again and again, the fragrance slowly faded.

Master Fu didn't ask Jiang Ning anything about Donghai's illegal circle, or about Zhou Hua or about Shengcheng. Jiang Ning didn't ask either, and he didn't even greet Master Fu. He just treated the man in front of him as a tea drinking old man that he didn't know.

They finished the tea.

Master Fu looked up and started to look seriously at Jiang Ning.

He didn't say anything and just nodded. He didn't hide the approval and admiration in his eyes.

When Jiang Ning met his eyes, his gaze was peaceful and there was a smile on his face. Nobody could tell what these two were really thinking inside.

"Come and have tea here when you're free to come to Shengcheng," Master Fu finally broke the silence. "I hear from Broken

Sword that you're afraid that you might become addicted to the tea, but I believe you're too worried about that."

He didn't say that Jiang Ning wouldn't have the chance to become addicted. Or rather, even if he became addicted, there was more than enough tea for Jiang Ning to drink. This wily old fox always said things halfway, and the other half was anybody's guess.

"Then I won't bother being polite," said Jiang Ning with a smile as he got up. "I'll come by another day."

After that, he nodded at Broken Sword and turned to leave.

Master Fu looked at the cup and was silent for a long time. The smile on his face slowly faded and became rather cold and distant. He quietly said, "He's not a friend."

Broken Sword's eyes narrowed violently.

"Then why didn't you let me kill him?"

That was definitely a good opportunity. Even if he got severely injured or even died, he would have been able to kill Jiang Ning.

"But he's not a foe either," added on Master Fu.